PDA

View Full Version : New Stand!

Pages : [1] 2

Green&whitearmy
30/07/2006, 3:35 PM
The new stand is looking good, was up in the grounds earlier, poped me head in, builders are working away. Its good to see a bit of progress now. It will probably be finished in the next day or two. Apparently there will be just under a 1000 seats(985 approx), 6 rows high. Should look good when its finished, hopefully it might attract more people and it might create a better atmosphere. The lads with the drums should make a fare bit of noise now. It will be covered by a canvas style roof. It will be good to see it against Derry on Friday.

nshoop
30/07/2006, 4:18 PM
The new stand is looking good, was up in the grounds earlier, poped me head in, builders are working away. Its good to see a bit of progress now. It will probably be finished in the next day or two. Apparently there will be just under a 1000 seats(985 approx), 6 rows high. Should look good when its finished, hopefully it might attract more people and it might create a better atmosphere. The lads with the drums should make a fare bit of noise now. It will be covered by a canvas style roof. It will be good to see it against Derry on Friday.

This is where the shed was?

Danny
31/07/2006, 8:37 AM
was at the u21 game yesterday when they started work
only took about 30 mins to do 1/5 of the stand
looks very impressive altho it didnt look the sturdiest imo....
It was like a flat pack stand, everythign just clicked into place...
couple of pats directors there who were fairly impressed with it and were going to enquire about it...
fair play

BrayUnknowns
31/07/2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah it's going to look the business alright when finished. Yeah it's a flatpack style stand, everything is pre made and just slots into place from what ive been told and heard. Metal Stand which would be extremely sturdy and a canvas roof. Can't wait till it's finished...... AFAIK they are an English company who design and build them.

The Stars
31/07/2006, 11:06 AM
any idea on the cost brayunknowns?
any pics of it,or a similar one?

BrayUnknowns
31/07/2006, 11:26 AM
I would'nt have a clue ? Someone told me that a lot of Rugby union clubs in England use these guys to build there stands if that any help ?

Jerry The Saint
31/07/2006, 11:56 AM
It will be covered by a canvas style roof.

Thumbs up for this bit especially. I've seen those canvas covers at rugby grounds in the UK and it seems the ideal solution. The importance of facilities (e.g. all-seater super stadiums) in attracting fans is often overstated - clubs come up with impossible plans that never get built etc. - but a certain degree of comfort including adequate covered sections, is vital IMO. The covered terraces at Parnell Pk are another great example but, as seen with this stand, a relatively low-cost, low-effort solution seems like it would work well for our league. Could presumably be used to cover open terraces as well?

Anyway, fair play - getting this stand up so quickly must be the equivalent of winning 4 or 5 matches in a row in this wacky league of ours. :)

Cabinteelygull
31/07/2006, 2:13 PM
Will it be open for the Derry game? And will it be the new location for the singing section of our support?

Green&whitearmy
31/07/2006, 4:34 PM
Yes the stand is supposed to be ready foe the derry game, it should be finished by Tuesday/Wednesday this week. Ye all the singing support should be in there, hopefully it should attract more fans to get a better atmosphere. Only problem is that the dugouts are still in so they might get in the way of seeing the playing area.

tippex
31/07/2006, 8:55 PM
Are the Dugouts being moved to the Fatima house side?

BrayUnknowns
01/08/2006, 8:14 AM
No, as far as i know they will be moved with the redevolepment of the current stand

manic da hoop
01/08/2006, 8:17 AM
Is this stand permanent or temporary?

BrayUnknowns
01/08/2006, 9:38 AM
Is this stand permanent or temporary?

Bit of both i think.....

It looks like it could be moved if needed but it wont be :-)

eamoss
01/08/2006, 9:54 AM
Photos?

thedoyler
02/08/2006, 10:07 PM
Whats the official seating capacity of the carlisle now? Must be in the region of or over 2500 now.

BrayUnknowns
03/08/2006, 8:35 AM
It's not far off 3000. The uncovered stand holds 1800, with room for about another 200 seats to be put back in and the new stand hold a bit under a thousand.

nshoop
03/08/2006, 5:09 PM
Any photos yet?

Green&whitearmy
03/08/2006, 6:43 PM
Wel I was told that the main stand hols 1821 now and the new stand has a capacity of 984 so the overall seating capacity now is 2805, not too bad but will do for the for-seeable future. It looks very well, I saw it today and its finished and it looks pretty impressive, hopefully they can fill it now. Apparently the away fans now have to be in the far end of the train tracks side at the training area.

pineapple stu
03/08/2006, 8:37 PM
Popped down this evening for a look for the craic - looks well, although it looks like a circus tent from the Quinnsborough Road approach! Amazed they managed to put it all together so quickly though.

thedoyler
04/08/2006, 10:43 AM
Wel I was told that the main stand hols 1821 now and the new stand has a capacity of 984 so the overall seating capacity now is 2805, not too bad but will do for the for-seeable future. It looks very well, I saw it today and its finished and it looks pretty impressive, hopefully they can fill it now. Apparently the away fans now have to be in the far end of the train tracks side at the training area.

Is it true another stand is in the pipeline for next season, at the bray bowl end?

BrayUnknowns
04/08/2006, 12:08 PM
Is it true another stand is in the pipeline for next season, at the bray bowl end?

I think that's the plan anyway.... I suppose it will depend on grants etc the same way this one did, but they submitted planning premission and it was granted so all we need is the money and another stand will go in at that end...

Seagull
04/08/2006, 1:44 PM
Apparently the away fans now have to be in the far end of the train tracks side at the training area.

We can give them a wave when it's p1ssing down rain on em over there! :D

BrayUnknowns
04/08/2006, 2:15 PM
I'd be surprised if we had segregation in the Carlisle. We very rarely get trouble with the exception of when Rovers and Bohs come out. Other than that it's totally fine. Plus ther's no real way of implementing it as there is no seperate entrance etc.... it would very seriously hard to enforce

Seagull
04/08/2006, 5:29 PM
I'd be surprised if we had segregation in the Carlisle. We very rarely get trouble with the exception of when Rovers and Bohs come out. Other than that it's totally fine. Plus ther's no real way of implementing it as there is no seperate entrance etc.... it would very seriously hard to enforce

But it's part of the UEFA club licensing, isn't it?

Buile Shuibhne
05/08/2006, 2:36 PM
Any photos yet?

http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6371

DmanDmythDledge
05/08/2006, 2:43 PM
Is it the side where the dugouts are?

eamoss
05/08/2006, 3:01 PM
http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6371

Thanks for that! Looks well!!

How much did it cost? Do bray own it or are they renting it?

Poor Student
05/08/2006, 4:33 PM
Looks pretty nice assuming it's cheap enough.

Bray Head
05/08/2006, 4:42 PM
Is it the side where the dugouts are?

It's on the side of the dugouts. The dugouts block part of your view if you are low down. I think the dugouts will be replaced by the clear see through type of dug outs within the next week.

Poor Student
05/08/2006, 4:51 PM
Just saw one like Bray's stand on TV, one of the stands at Falkirk's ground behind one of the goals. It looks a bit weird, particularly the rippling of the roof in the wind but it is standing in the context of 3 much larger concrete stands.

BohsFans
05/08/2006, 10:28 PM
I'll see on August 11th, but I doubt I'll see too much from behind the floodlight poles, the dugouts and the poles holding up the stand. :(

BohsFans
05/08/2006, 10:29 PM

Glad to see your still not bitter over the whole Jason Byrne suspension thing! :rolleyes:

Poor Student
05/08/2006, 10:32 PM
Glad to see your still not bitter over the whole Jason Byrne suspension thing! :rolleyes:

That or perhaps the two time pitch invasion by Bohs fans during a game at the Carlisle last season?

BohsFans
05/08/2006, 10:40 PM
That or perhaps the two time pitch invasion by Bohs fans during a game at the Carlisle last season?

Just a bit of over exuberance!

2 very late goals to win the game! Exact same as Pat's in Sligo this season, only difference is we get fined, they didn't.

Don't put us in the same boat as the scum. Remember the glass bottle being thrown and caught on TV3?

Poor Student
05/08/2006, 10:59 PM
Just a bit of over exuberance!

2 very late goals to win the game!

I could have sworn the equaliser was early enough which made it all the more ridiculous and embarrassing. You can't just cite equally as bad or worse examples to get yourselves off the hook. It was poor form to say the least.

BohsFans
05/08/2006, 11:31 PM
I could have sworn the equaliser was early enough which made it all the more ridiculous and embarrassing. You can't just cite equally as bad or worse examples to get yourselves off the hook. It was poor form to say the least.

we didn't get off the hook! :(

nshoop
05/08/2006, 11:34 PM
Kids will be kids I suppose

Eoingull
06/08/2006, 1:16 AM
I was very impressed with the new stand...and without being funny, I'm glad it does all the simple things, ie. it runs the entire length of the pitch, it's straight...and the seats are GREEN!

Grasshopper 99
06/08/2006, 1:28 PM
The stand only took 5 days to build, cost less than €300,000, and there is work starting on the dugouts soon, so that they are not in the way as much. The only problem is that they brought it in before the bohs game, there could be damage done if they are allowed in the stand.

BohsFans
06/08/2006, 4:22 PM
The stand only took 5 days to build, cost less than €300,000, and there is work starting on the dugouts soon, so that they are not in the way as much. The only problem is that they brought it in before the bohs game, there could be damage done if they are allowed in the stand.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

of course your still not bitter.

KR's Post
07/08/2006, 10:57 AM
We'll never forget... Cheating f-ucks, and as for Avery John, scum...

jan molby
07/08/2006, 10:36 PM
Follow the link to see the latests pictures from the Carlislehttp://homepage.eircom.net/~braywanderers/index.htm

http://homepage.eircom.net/~braywanderers/index.htm

jan molby
07/08/2006, 10:52 PM
http://homepage.eircom.net/~braywanderers/index.htm

BrayUnknowns
08/08/2006, 10:19 AM

Yeah that's right :rolleyes:
But sure Jayo paid us back last night being apart of the team that knocked Bohs out of the League Cup Semi so it's all even now....

Read what Poor Student posted, i think youn will find he is 100% correct.

aido1895
08/08/2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah that's right :rolleyes:
But sure Jayo paid us back last night being apart of the team that knocked Bohs out of the League Cup Semi so it's all even now....
Jayo wasn't in the squad last night :D (:p sorry)

pete
09/08/2006, 11:58 AM
Seen the new stand on tv last night & was wondering why so many poles in the front? Are there seats behind the dug outs as doesn't look like would be any view of the pitch from there...

NY Hoop
09/08/2006, 12:03 PM

Never any hassle when we are there.

Looks the business alright. Will it be there permanently? Also what are the plans for the DART end?

KOH

BrayUnknowns
09/08/2006, 1:20 PM
Never any hassle when we are there.

Looks the business alright. Will it be there permanently? Also what are the plans for the DART end?

KOH

Would you go way outa that ! Ya's nearly killed Jody Lynch when he was been taken off to hospital on a stretcher a few years back, bottles and all were thrown at him as we lay down with a gas mask over his face..... Seem to remember TV3 shownig it at the time.

Same again for the bowling alley end. The main stand (DART side) is to be roofed with full facilities in behind it - dressing rooms, bar, fiunction rooms etc... the dugouts will be on that side as well. There plannnig to have something similar to Richmond Park.

NY Hoop
09/08/2006, 1:30 PM
Would you go way outa that ! Ya's nearly killed Jody Lynch when he was been taken off to hospital on a stretcher a few years back, bottles and all were thrown at him as we lay down with a gas mask over his face..... Seem to remember TV3 shownig it at the time.

Same again for the bowling alley end. The main stand (DART side) is to be roofed with full facilities in behind it - dressing rooms, bar, fiunction rooms etc... the dugouts will be on that side as well. There plannnig to have something similar to Richmond Park.

Mountain out of a molehill there. You're reading too much of the herag. A regular Bray contributor here knows the truth.

Are the seats compliant for UEFA games? Is it a permanent stand?

KOH

Pablo
09/08/2006, 1:43 PM
Better then what was currently there but........it looks awfull IMO. Its only a temporary structure from what i can see?