PDA

View Full Version : Revamped Eircom League - My Idea

Pages : [1] 2

Naitch
29/07/2006, 2:10 PM
Ok iv been a true Shelbourne fan 11 years now but im realising the current format in this country just isnt working. I know some of the ideas in this thread for a new league is going to get slated but hear me out anyway.

1= Rename it the "Eircom SuperLeague"

2= Merge Shelbourne and Bohs

3= Merge Shamrock Rovers, St Pats and UCD

4= Get rid of draws. If a game is a draw then it goes straight to penalties.

5= Bonus points. If a team scores more than 2 goals and wins then they get 4 ponts for a win.

6= Improve facilities(easier said than done)

7= Have a 10 team league with the top 2 teams at the end of the season facing off in the "SuperLeague" Final for the title.

8= So the league would basically comprise of

North Dublin Devils
South Dublin Titans
Drogheda Drogs
Crok City Giants
Galway City Tigers
Derry City Dynamos
Waterford Wildmen
Longford Longers
Kerry Mounties
Sligo Westeners

You may laugh but i honestly think is is the way to market the league

Dodge
29/07/2006, 2:16 PM
Oh man, you don't know what you've done...

Soper
29/07/2006, 2:16 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dazzy
29/07/2006, 2:21 PM
Thats just too funny to slate!

el punter
29/07/2006, 2:21 PM
I'll let that hook float right past my gills

ollie
29/07/2006, 2:24 PM
one problem with your proposel.
it should be the Cork City Cougars
otherwise a brilliant suggestion.have you tried emailing onto the FAI?

Soper
29/07/2006, 2:28 PM
It should also be Galway Ligers, not Tigers.And Longford Langers.

Buller
29/07/2006, 2:38 PM
ahahahahahahahahahah!!!! that made my day...
thats the funniest post in years!!!
POST OF THE YEAR!!! :D :D :D

hoops1
29/07/2006, 2:38 PM
sometimes i think freedom of speech is a bad thing
There should be some kind of secret police rounding up
the loons spouting such nonsense
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I dont even know where to start with that post
i need to lie down

monkey magic
29/07/2006, 3:21 PM
Are You John Delaney!!!

Sniffer
29/07/2006, 3:26 PM
Why not call ehe bohs/ shels merger Dublin City?

kdjaC
29/07/2006, 4:26 PM
Should merge bohs and rovers and then lock the fans up in a big brother house and film it for the entire season.

Otherwise great idea

kdjac

De Town
29/07/2006, 4:41 PM
Funniest post I've ever read!! :D:D:D

CollegeTillIDie
29/07/2006, 4:47 PM
Ok iv been a true Shelbourne fan 11 years now but im realising the current format in this country just isnt working. I know some of the ideas in this thread for a new league is going to get slated but hear me out anyway.

5= Bonus points. If a team scores more than 2 goals and wins then they get 4 ponts for a win.

7= Have a 10 team league with the top 2 teams at the end of the season facing off in the "SuperLeague" Final for the title.

North Dublin Devils
South Dublin Titans
Drogheda Drogs
Crok City Giants
Galway City Tigers
Derry City Dynamos
Waterford Wildmen
Longford Longers
Kerry Mounties
Sligo Westeners

Where are the Limerick Lancers?
I think the idea is North American and therefore a Crok :D

Anto McC
29/07/2006, 4:51 PM
That has to,HAS TO BE a p*ss take,if it's not,it is as has been suggested,the funniest post ever!!

CollegeTillIDie
29/07/2006, 4:54 PM
Here's one suggestion
Shelbourne should merge with UCD after all both clubs were formed in 1895
The new club could be called TSV 1895 Dublin . :)
Shelbourne nicked UCD's colours for their away strip.
We have a ground and they won't soon. :D

Here's another possible solution to the Dublin clubs situation ,Shelbourne and Shamrock Rovers should merge and rename themselves Ringsend United and go play in Irishtown. Thus solving both of their lack of current ground issue.

No I am not serious but these ideas have more merits than the radical restructuring shown above.

RonnieB
29/07/2006, 5:02 PM
Good ideas all round. But I think if one was to paint the pitch several different colors, zones if you will and you get a certain amount of points for scoring from them.

alabama rover
29/07/2006, 5:07 PM
Good ideas all round. But I think if one was to paint the pitch several different colors, zones if you will and you get a certain amount of points for scoring from them.

Hey! Lets remove the goals and put up baskets! :) ... and we definitely need cheerleaders!

KOH

Dyl10
29/07/2006, 5:08 PM
Is this a wind up?

Sheridan
29/07/2006, 6:06 PM
I don't think this scenario is being advanced seriously, but as ever truth is almost stranger than fiction. One of the proposals which was considered too far out even for inclusion in the final draft of so outlandish a document as Genesis II was roughly as follows. The eircom League (or Premiership or John Delaney Memorial Trophy or whatever) championship would not be conferred, as is conventional, upon the team which accumulated the greatest number of points upon completion of the regular season, but rather the winner of an end-of-season play-off series involving:

The top four finishers in the Premier Divison.
The winners of the First Division
A wildcard entrant admitted on the basis of a formula comprising average attendance figures, fair play record, and a subjective criterion known as "entertainment value", to be determined by officially appointed observers. This formula would not be publically disclosed and the identity of the team thus admitted would be concealed until the regular season finished, in a ham-fisted effort to keep all league participants interested until the bitter end.

Third- and fourth-placed in the Premier would play off against the First Division winners and wildcard in the "quarter-finals" with the winners advancing to face Premier Division "winners" and runners-up in the semis. A grand final on neutral territory would determine the eventual champions. :rolleyes:

RacoonQueen
29/07/2006, 6:31 PM
What a novel idea.

Red&White Rover
29/07/2006, 6:36 PM

North Dublin Devils
South Dublin Titans
Drogheda Drogs
Crok City Giants
Galway City Tigers
Derry City Dynamos
Waterford Wildmen
Longford Longers
Kerry Mounties
Sligo Westeners

are you american by any chance?

Mr A
29/07/2006, 7:24 PM
What about Magic Moos Monaghan?

CollegeTillIDie
29/07/2006, 7:29 PM
The Monaghan Moose :D

BohsPartisan
29/07/2006, 7:30 PM
Good Idea but your names are all wrong. Should be as follows:
Dublin Bohemians (North) ;)
Dublin Mocaccinos (South)
Drogheda Hezbollah (Go well with the star and cresent, if this is deemed offensive then maybe Drogheda Kebabs)
Cork City Boyos
Galway City Stoners
Londonderry Lancers
Waterford Wilderbeast
Longford Loungelizards
Kerry McFadden
Sligo Westlife

Buller
29/07/2006, 7:46 PM
Should merge bohs and rovers and then lock the fans up in a big brother house and film it for the entire season.

Otherwise great idea

kdjac
ah here now! no need for that now kdjac!! :rolleyes:

The Stars
29/07/2006, 10:55 PM
Galway City Pussycats
Longford Longballupforwarders
Sligo Westlife

we have to consider these,think of the marketing opertunitys.

BohsFans
30/07/2006, 12:05 AM
WUM

A face
30/07/2006, 12:50 AM
Naitch = Legend !! :p

Red&White
30/07/2006, 2:27 AM
Good Idea but your names are all wrong. Should be as follows:
Dublin Bohemians (North) ;)
Dublin Mocaccinos (South)
Drogheda Hezbollah (Go well with the star and cresent, if this is deemed offensive then maybe Drogheda Kebabs)
Cork City Boyos
Galway City Stoners
Londonderry Lancers
Waterford Wilderbeast
Longford Loungelizards
Kerry McFadden
Sligo Westlife
I like Londonderry Lancers!

Paddyfield
30/07/2006, 7:54 AM
And award a point for every time the ball goes over the bar.
And for argument sake, make three points equivalent to one goal.
And give each player a piece of wood.
:rolleyes:

It should also be Galway Ligers, not Tigers.

Dictionary
liger |?l?g?r| noun the hybrid offspring of a male lion and a tigress. Compare with tigon . ORIGIN: blend of lion and tiger .

CharlesThompson
30/07/2006, 11:23 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,.... ouch!

pete
30/07/2006, 12:11 PM
It is good to see that dublin based eL supporters realising that while Dublin may have large population it cannot sustain 4 or 5 teams. Moving to 2 teams seems best too as dublin spilt on north-south basis anyway.

Alos not surprised that some other dublin eL fans have heads in the sand & fail to realise crowds cannot sustain their clubs.

BohDiddley
30/07/2006, 12:27 PM
Thank you for your permission. :D
In your defence, you've put more thought into this than the Genesis Report did.

BohsPartisan
30/07/2006, 5:07 PM
It is good to see that dublin based eL supporters realising that while Dublin may have large population it cannot sustain 4 or 5 teams. Moving to 2 teams seems best too as dublin spilt on north-south basis anyway.

Alos not surprised that some other dublin eL fans have heads in the sand & fail to realise crowds cannot sustain their clubs.

Total agreement. When Shels Fold that wil leave us as the northside club. Let the others then merge. Two clubs. Beautiful.

CharlesThompson
30/07/2006, 5:13 PM

How smug can you get? Can anybody better this member? Ffs....

Anto McC
30/07/2006, 5:54 PM
Question for Bohs,Pats,Shels and Rovers fans,if your club were to merge with one of the others would you keep supporting that team?

alabama rover
30/07/2006, 7:44 PM
Sure. As long as it wasn't Bohs..... Oh..... and as long as the resulting team wore green and White hoops and was called Shamrock Rovers!...... What do you think?!:rolleyes:

KOH:

Anto McC
30/07/2006, 7:51 PM
Sure. As long as it wasn't Bohs..... Oh..... and as long as the resulting team wore green and White hoops and was called Shamrock Rovers!...... What do you think?!:rolleyes:

KOH:

My answer would be the same as yours,the point i was making was really just pointing out to Pete that 4 big teams in Dublin fighting for a small number of fans is better than 2 teams in Dublin with no fans!!

alabama rover
30/07/2006, 8:05 PM
My answer would be the same as yours,the point i was making was really just pointing out to Pete that 4 big teams in Dublin fighting for a small number of fans is better than 2 teams in Dublin with no fans!!

Fair enough! cause you're right! Seems to me this entire thread is a wind up that is being addressed with a little too much credibility.:)

KOH

Dodge
30/07/2006, 8:42 PM
Question for Bohs,Pats,Shels and Rovers fans,if your club were to merge with one of the others would you keep supporting that team?
No. Pete's obviously on a wind up so wouldn't bother replying to it

dcfcsteve
31/07/2006, 10:25 AM
Let this thread be a warning to us all of the dangers of drugs.

Just say no kids, just say no.....

Student Mullet
31/07/2006, 11:19 AM
Question for Bohs,Pats,Shels and Rovers fans,if your club were to merge with one of the others would you keep supporting that team?Pat's fans kept supporting their club after it 'merged' with St. Francis

CuanaD
31/07/2006, 11:25 AM
Pat's fans kept supporting their club after it 'merged' with St. Francis
Francis' fans didn't though

BohDiddley
31/07/2006, 11:32 AM
Bohs supporters recently were asked to merge, in all but name, with Shelbourne.
You will recall that it produced such profound revulsion that they voted to sell Dalymount Park instead.

Dodge
31/07/2006, 11:54 AM
Pat's fans kept supporting their club after it 'merged' with St. Francis
Some stopped after it was proposed, most came back when it didn't happen :p

passerrby
31/07/2006, 11:55 AM
dangerous stuff ,do you not realise there are people up in merrion sq who dont understand that your taking the mick

bluemovie
31/07/2006, 12:19 PM
Waterford Wilderbeast

Probably appropriate this season. :o

pete
31/07/2006, 12:30 PM
If Bohs merge with Shels i have no problem in City merging with Cobh Ramblers.

Pauro 76
31/07/2006, 12:42 PM
If your going for the American version, how about the Longford Lions? ;) or to continue the theme... Waterford Weasels? Sligo Snakes? Athlone Anacondas? Finn Harp Flyers? Inchicore Indians? UCD Scholars? Bray Buzzhawks?