PDA

View Full Version : Soccer player dies after match accident

sparkey
28/07/2006, 9:01 AM
Soccer player dies after match accident

28 July 2006 09:09
A 21-year-old man who was in a critical condition after colliding with a fellow player during a soccer match in Co Meath has died at Our Lady's Hospital in Navan.
Paul Quinn was playing in a pre-season friendly when he went to head a ball while another player raised his leg and Mr Quinn's head hit the other player's knee.
He was knocked unconscious and brought by ambulance to Our Lady's in Navan.
He was then transferred to Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda before being brought back to Navan.
His parents, who were overseas on holidays, returned early yesterday to be at his bedside.
Mr Quinn was playing for Navan Cosmos, as was his younger brother. He had recently graduated as an architect.
Taken from WWW.RTE.IE

OMG! There for the grace of God go any of us. Sincere sympathy to his family, team mates and the poor bloke whos knee he hit his head off.

Magicme
28/07/2006, 9:04 AM
Just heard bout it on the news there.....god love them all. Sincerest sympathies.

Lionel Ritchie
28/07/2006, 9:08 AM
Very very sad. Condolences to his family and team mates.

beautifulrock
28/07/2006, 9:17 AM
Sad news and as Sparkey said, there for the grace of God. RIP.

paul_oshea
28/07/2006, 9:27 AM
my mates sister goes out with his brother. he said its horrible, everyone doesnt know what to say and that, the parents were on holiday and the younger brother ( only 2 in the family ) was meant to go out to america for a holiday the next day.

the poor fella who's knee did the damage as well. RIP. condolences to his family and everyone concerned.

De Town
28/07/2006, 10:35 AM
RIP

Terrible thing to happen, and feel very sorry for the lad who's knee collided with him:(

drinkfeckarse
28/07/2006, 10:43 AM
R.I.P. My sympathies for all concerned.

CollegeTillIDie
29/07/2006, 8:52 PM
R.I.P. Sympathies to all concerned

sligoman
30/07/2006, 10:30 AM
Very sad story, R.I.P.

Block G Raptor
31/07/2006, 1:56 PM
my mates sister goes out with his brother. he said its horrible, everyone doesnt know what to say and that, the parents were on holiday and the younger brother ( only 2 in the family ) was meant to go out to america for a holiday the next day.

the poor fella who's knee did the damage as well. RIP. condolences to his family and everyone concerned.
RIP

Terrible thing to happen, and feel very sorry for the lad who's knee collided with him:(

He's my Cousin and is absolutely devastated. Blaming himself entirely

lim abroad
01/08/2006, 1:10 AM
what a horrible thing to have to deal with,feel sorry for everybody involved,especially the young lad who's knee he collided with.what can you say to somebody in this situation?

Pauro 76
01/08/2006, 11:06 AM
R.I.P. Such a tragic thing to happen.