PDA

View Full Version : inter-toto cup

eoinh
14/07/2002, 11:06 PM
ok i was up in dublin for the weekend so i decided to go to the pats match. took nearly 1 and a half hours to get to the stadium of light from donabate. so much for dublins transport system!!. walking up and down outside the ground was the nutter who used to do the same thing outsude citys ground in cork. i wondered where he had gone to as i hadnt seen him in years. anyway got intyo the ground. i had been there once before but what a letdown the gound has stagnated. i sat in the stand, im not that tall but no legroom, the whole stadium needs investment and quick!!!!! i and another fella near me were shifted as we were in the area for season ticket holders. yet minutes before we were told that it was ok to sit there. as the other fella said to me "great pr work". pats started shaky and just about held their own but as the match wore on they put in one hell of a performance. i was roaring and shouting for pats at the end. no matter what other people say gent are quite a good team and the belgium league is rated 12 in europe. keep an eye on them on eurogoals this season. the evidence is growing our league is getting better at a slow pace each season. the irish public at large may not know it yet but its a coming force. a few years ago pats were being thrashed by moldovans, now weve set our sights higher. pity about the lack of support from other dublin clubs, where were they?
match unrelated - it was either j. harris of st pats or the guy warming up with him. but they were eyeing up these two blonde ones in the stand. there were a good few other fellas with them. i think they must have been guys who played with him over in england. some were english, some were irish. the three ladies were english. i was sitting right behind them. any luck guys ?as the blonde guy in front of me was trying his hardest. ild say they still play over in england but were just over for the match.
WOW - i saw brian kerr

to get home => two bus rides, a walk and a taxi. 2 bloody hours. some transportation system!!!!!!!!!!!

pete
15/07/2002, 9:48 AM
Indeed Richmond Park is a ground badly in need of improvement & was even worse before they terraced the camac side.

When the summer season is up 'n running proper from next season i'd expect eL clubs to get through 2 or 3 rounds on a regular basis as effectively be in the middle of our season in June & July.

Sounds like Pats wouldn't have been flattered to get through the round?

Schumi
15/07/2002, 1:10 PM
Pats were very unlucky. They pi$$ed on Gent in the second half and I'm sure they would have got through if it hadn't been for a sloppy goal conceded at 2-0.

pete
15/07/2002, 1:15 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
walking up and down outside the ground was the nutter who used to do the same thing outsude citys ground in cork.

No doubt that'll be Tom the Gom.

:eek:

Schumi
15/07/2002, 1:23 PM
He was there alright. I didn't see him myself so I don't know if he's scrubbed himself up like he did for Bohs' European game last year.

pete
15/07/2002, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
He was there alright. I didn't see him myself so I don't know if he's scrubbed himself up like he did for Bohs' European game last year.

He got a new jacket last year for it i think?

;)

Schumi
15/07/2002, 2:31 PM
He made a real effort last year, he shaved and washed too I think;)

Colm
15/07/2002, 2:37 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
He made a real effort last year, he shaved and washed too I think;)
I can see the headlines now:
TOM THE GOM IN SAVING AND WASHING SHOCKER!!!:D :D