PDA

View Full Version : Slept like a (whats the opposite to a baby?)

The Stars
27/07/2006, 8:15 AM
Went to bed at about 1 last night,and read for about 30mins,as per usuall.
was asleep til about 2.30 and woke....so about 1 hours sleep.didnt eat anything before bed either and was tired before i went to sleep.

can anyone..without any smart comments(including you wild rover and sligoman) explain what the reason for this could be?

Couldnt get back to sleep,tried reading again to get tired,didnt work,went to watch TV cos i usually fall asleep watching TV.
BTW, MTV still plays music,watched it for about 4 hours last night.

Anyway,anyone have any ideas why this could be.?

Ash
27/07/2006, 8:27 AM
Slept like a(whats the opposite to a baby?)

Adult?????

Anyway,anyone have any ideas why this could be.?

Welcome to the wonderful world of insomnia.

Suffer a bit from it myself. Could go 2 or 3 days/nights without sleep
and then conk out the next night.

Other than that, it could be down to stress or something being on
your mind.

The Stars
27/07/2006, 8:34 AM
Adult?????

Welcome to the wonderful world of insomnia.

Suffer a bit from it myself. Could go 2 or 3 days/nights without sleep
and then conk out the next night.

Other than that, it could be down to stress or something being on
your mind.
thats the thing though....i didnt sleep like an adult.

Insomnia,cool...il make the bed so cos i wont be in it for a few days.

Something on my mind.....interesting,there is a thing im caught in 2 minds about,how can that wake me up though?

Raheny Red
27/07/2006, 8:48 AM
Too warm maybe :confused:

RonnieB
27/07/2006, 9:13 AM
If its any consolation im up since 4ish with terrible gut cramps after having an anasthetic for an operation yesterday. Fecking thing plays hell with the inners!

Also it may be mild insomnia you are having, I suffered from it for a while while stressed at work.

The Stars
27/07/2006, 9:16 AM
im not stressed though,well i dont think so,donthave much worries;)
It's just i need to decide something but am worried about the results.

Anyway,cheers for the help.

joeSoap
27/07/2006, 9:29 AM
Maybe it's delayed reaction depression to DCFC's sudden, if not unexpected, demise??;)

tetsujin1979
27/07/2006, 9:44 AM
The heat's been keeping me awake in recent nights. Averaging about 5 hours a night now, not healthy.
I went through a bout of insomnia before, I could doze off no problem, but I'd wake after about 3 or 4 hours and not be able to fall asleep after that. Felt fully refreshed though.

Magicme
27/07/2006, 10:05 AM
Heard somewhere recently tho that the its a myth that you need 8 hours sleep a nite and between 4-5 hours is sufficient.

Ash
27/07/2006, 10:06 AM
Something on my mind.....interesting,there is a thing im caught in 2 minds about,how can that wake me up though?

Subconsciously you are probably mulling things over in your sleep, the result
might have woken you up, although you might not necessarily remember it.

Used to happen to me when I was doing college projects. A few times I'd have
problems getting some code to work and so I'd forget about it and hit the hay.
Ended up dreaming about how to fix the problem, suddenly wake up and hey
presto, 9 times out of 10 the solution I had the dream about worked!

When you switch off on a topic, your brain keeps working on it in the background :)

Dodge
27/07/2006, 10:28 AM
I have probably the worst sleep pattersn in the world. During the week, for some reason, I can't sleep before 3/4am (sometimes way later) but then when I fall asleep I can't get up (save for Ms Dodge screaming at me and beating me with a pillow). Fell asleep on the bus the other day too and missed my stop (have fallen asleep before but usually wake in time) I'd say I sleep about 30 hours a week max

The Stars
27/07/2006, 10:42 AM
Subconsciously you are probably mulling things over in your sleep, the result
might have woken you up, although you might not necessarily remember it.
Used to happen to me when I was doing college projects. A few times I'd have
problems getting some code to work and so I'd forget about it and hit the hay.
Ended up dreaming about how to fix the problem, suddenly wake up and hey
presto, 9 times out of 10 the solution I had the dream about worked!
When you switch off on a topic, your brain keeps working on it in the background :)
cheers ash....i had the same problem in my head the night before but slept ok....better get it sorted today or il fall asleep eating my dinner in about a week.

Rory H
27/07/2006, 10:44 AM
sleep about 6 hours a night...working evenings and morning ruins any sleep pattern i have and i dont sleep much anyway...ive been tired for the last 2 years or so...you get used to it

because of worry and anxiety...i reccomend a few bottles of bulmers and joseph ndo being chopped down by the legendary keith foy tomorrow

Ash
27/07/2006, 10:59 AM
cheers ash....i had the same problem in my head the night before but slept ok....better get it sorted today or il fall asleep eating my dinner in about a week.

No worries, Dr. Ash is here to help ... if only I could prescribe mind bending drugs!!!

The Stars
27/07/2006, 11:02 AM
because of worry and anxiety...i reccomend a few bottles of bulmers and joseph ndo being chopped down by the legendary keith foy tomorrow
il take the Keith foy chopping down Ndo,but leave the bulmers alone,havent drank in about 3 months+ i think...(cant remember,too drunk:D)

Rory H
27/07/2006, 11:07 AM
il take the Keith foy chopping down Ndo,but leave the bulmers alone,havent drank in about 3 months+ i think...(cant remember,too drunk:D)

3 months....nice one...i think if you or me brought any drink of the bus 2more superman might come to the rescue and confiscate it for his own personal use:D

the point im making is the good time tomorrow will take your mind of the problem....

The Stars
27/07/2006, 11:10 AM
need to sort it out soon though,im wrecked now but wont be able to sleep during the day......come on darkness!!!(that is not a rallying call for the goth population of Sligo btw)

Rory H
27/07/2006, 11:21 AM
just relax...lack of sleep never killed anyone....it just made them go crazy:D

did you try listening to the darkness..that could make you go to sleep:D

Terry
27/07/2006, 11:28 AM
I used to work 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights. Fecked my sleep up rightly. Went without sleep for 9 days before I decided to go to a doctor about it. He recommended my job to give me some paid time off and for me to go on a holiday for meself. Worked a treat.

Raheny Red
27/07/2006, 11:42 AM
I just got a front tooth taken out just a minute ago, I'm in devastating pain at the moment so no sleep tonight, and I'm going to Kilkenny tomorrow for the weekend! :( :cool: :)

Magicme
27/07/2006, 11:45 AM
aww u poor thing Red.....I know a way to help you sleep Sat nite....come watch us play Kilkenny since u will b down there and u will sleep soundly that nite in the knowledge that despite being a bottom of the table clash you have seen some great football! :o :D

drinkfeckarse
27/07/2006, 12:19 PM
I have probably the worst sleep pattersn in the world. During the week, for some reason, I can't sleep before 3/4am (sometimes way later) but then when I fall asleep I can't get up (save for Ms Dodge screaming at me and beating me with a pillow). Fell asleep on the bus the other day too and missed my stop (have fallen asleep before but usually wake in time) I'd say I sleep about 30 hours a week max

IMO like most things, you can train yourself into a pattern unless you do suffer from Insomnia. I used to be a bit like that Dodge, staying up until 2 etc then sleeping for 5-6 hours before work until I started my current job 7 years ago where I couldn't really afford to be feeling sleepy or tired during the day.

I got into the habit of getting to bed early (10ish) and before long I was into the habit and sleeping well. Nowadays I still more or less do the same and my routine would be that I'm in bed by about 10.30, watch a bit of telly or read and it's rare that I'm not asleep by about 11.30 before I get up around 7.

The only downside about a regular pattern is that at the weekends I'm up around 7 too even if I've been p!ssed the night before and had about 4 or 5 hours sleep.

The Stars
27/07/2006, 12:19 PM
drink something hot,helps when getting any dentistry done.

Raheny Red
27/07/2006, 12:29 PM
drink something hot,helps when getting any dentistry done.

Doing that now, lovely veggie soup. Just got a denture put in as well and now have a lisp *sigh* and going to a skool disco tonight, it's just not my day!

The Stars
27/07/2006, 12:33 PM
Doing that now, lovely veggie soup. Just got a denture put in as well and now have a lisp *sigh* and going to a skool disco tonight, it's just not my day!
school disco???your living the high live anyway:cool:

Raheny Red
27/07/2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah should be good, young women in nice and short tartan skirts and pig tails.

*shudders* feel like an old sad man saying that!

Drumcondra Red
27/07/2006, 1:24 PM
The answer to the original question is the moon, simple as...

Block G Raptor
27/07/2006, 1:34 PM
I used to work 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights. Fecked my sleep up rightly. Went without sleep for 9 days before I decided to go to a doctor about it. He recommended my job to give me some paid time off and for me to go on a holiday for meself. Worked a treat.
Yeah I used to work the same shift rotation and once went 12 days without sleep ended up sleeping from friday morning to sunday afternoon when I finally did conk out.

strangeirish
27/07/2006, 2:14 PM
If you're not pregnant, then I don't know what's depriving you of sleep, other than worrying about someone who might be!!!!!!:D

If you're still having trouble, come on down to Station Rd and watch Kildare County. That'll cure ye, quick like!

cullenswood
27/07/2006, 5:33 PM
Did you not technically sleep like a baby....don't they wake up after a couple of hours and then stay awake crying (not saying you were crying, but hey, maybe you were!) for the rest of the nite, only falling asleep for a short time!!! :)

The Stars
27/07/2006, 6:07 PM
Did you not technically sleep like a baby....don't they wake up after a couple of hours and then stay awake crying (not saying you were crying, but hey, maybe you were!) for the rest of the nite, only falling asleep for a short time!!! :)
you obviously never say a baby...they are usaully asleep.:eek:

superfrank
28/07/2006, 8:08 AM
I dont sleep that well either. I woke up about four or five times last night and in all I slept from twelvish to half eight and I'm still knackered.

First
28/07/2006, 9:38 AM
A good toke on the magic weed nearly always does the trick for me, ;)

The Stars
28/07/2006, 10:31 AM
slept well last night.....insomnia got nothing on me!!!!

CollegeTillIDie
29/07/2006, 11:04 PM
The Stars

Slept like an incontinent geriatric is probably the opposite of slept like a baby.

The Stars
30/07/2006, 9:53 AM
The Stars

Slept like an incontinent geriatric is probably the opposite of slept like a baby.
no,wasnt that bad....lets just call it "slept like a coo coo clock"