PDA

View Full Version : What needs to be done?

BrayUnknowns
26/07/2006, 8:38 AM
I thought our season couldn't get any worse but with the release of Weso it has. McGuirk was in the papers last Sunday saying we had the players available to get out of the mess, yet 2 days later he goes and lets agruably our best defender leave on a free transfer.....

I'm still trying to see the logic behind this ? Did the club need to get him off the wage bill ? does McGuirk have a replacement lined up ?

With the current group of players that we have 2nd bottom is the best we can finish this season. A big shake up is needed, to many players are living off there name and past preformances, and the fact that McGuirk has his favourite players and players he does not like.

We need at least 4 or 5 new signings if we want to stop the rot and we need to ship out the players who have past there best and are not preforming.

I honestley thought that McGuirk would have the cop on to go out and sign a few Dublin City (RIP) players - but nothing, it's not like he had to pay for them, only wages which i'm sure we could easily cope with.

keano16
26/07/2006, 9:09 AM
I could not agree more, the only reason I can see the club letting Wes go is because of his age and that he is prob the top earner in the club but as you said he is the best Centre Half at the club by a long distance and it makes no sense letting him go. As for the Dublin City players I cant understand how the club have not signed any of them..(EG) Mark Rooney,David Freeman, these lads are good players and I know for a fact that they are not demanding high wages..

BrayUnknowns
26/07/2006, 9:56 AM
Well Rooney has signed for St. Pats (i think) and Freeman has signed for a club as well, can't remember who ? Mick O'Donnell who would have been a great fix to our left back problem has signed for Galway. Pender and McGill are training with Shels - they played against Sunderland and very well from reports and Paul Shiels has signed for Shamrock Rovers. Weehelan has also signed for a club, maybe Longford ?

There are still some very good players left there who could do an excellent job for us. Gary Rogers would be a very welcome addition to us, would be great to have him put pressure on Skippy for the keepers jersey. McGill and Pender would bring some new life into our very stale midfield, Kieth Doyle who has played with us before is another player who would put pressure on for a starting place and Malcom could be aq replacement form Weso. These are players who we could afford no problems and who would ALL make Bray a better side.

keano16
26/07/2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah Mark has signed for Pats while Davy Freeman has signed for Longford,The likely hood of Bray Signing Stew Malcom is small as he traveled from Scotland to Dublin to play games and Gary Rogers is supposed to be going back to Drogheda...I honestly believe that Bray need a new centre half as Roche and MacGovern are not the answer and sticking Tresson in there will not stop the leak!! I believe that selling Wes could be the worst move the club could have made.. It made sense to Sell Eamonn as he didnt want to be at the club (Body Language) but not Wes...

idol_1
26/07/2006, 11:18 AM
heard a few rumours keith doyle has signed not a great player but will do a job . agree about a change is needed in the team the players tony has faith in for some reason keep letting him down .a few changes needed in the team maybe a few younger players in the side

BrayUnknowns
26/07/2006, 11:19 AM
It looked like there was a chasl of personalities between Wes and McGuirk, the same could be said for McGuirk and Collie James / Pip Keogh. If Doyle has signed then i reckon he'll do ok for us. He was great for us a few seasons back and at least he is a natural left full - Pip and Ryaner just do not work there.

Defence is our main problem area, no that Wes has gone and with Lynch having to retire we have McGovern, Roche and Tyrrell. How anybody could think imagine that is good enough for the premier division is beyond reason. Thats not having ago or slagging the mentioned players off, it's just not good enough to take on the likes of Jason Byrne, Glen Crowe etc....

BrayUnknowns
26/07/2006, 11:52 AM
a mate just got a club text through saying that we are on the verge of signing Keith Doyle and Gary Rogers, it quotes McGuirk. Great move from McGuirk is he manages to get both in.

keano16
26/07/2006, 1:38 PM
If Bray sign Gary its prob the best signing in years he is a brillant keeper...As for Doyler he is a decent left bck and will defo do a job for you...2 Good signings if it happens 2 players with loads of experience...Tony has to bring people in because the players at the moment are not good enough and there are to many players playing because of who they are and where thay come from and its common knowledge all over the league that Bray are like that..(No Offence meant)

BrayUnknowns
26/07/2006, 1:54 PM
None taking what so ever. Bray has to much of a click scene going on, it's who you know etc...... it needs to be stopped if the club are to move forward, again thats not meant to offend anyone, it's just fact..... Players are playing becuause of friendships and not on preformances.

I'd be delighted with both signings if they happen as you say. Really think Rogers would be an excellent addition to the club. I was actually dissapointed that we didn't try snap him up before Dublin City did at the start of the season. With regards to Keith Doyle, he played for us a few seasons back and was really good. He has plenty of experience and will bring a bit more stability to our defence.

keano16
26/07/2006, 2:35 PM
I honestly think that appointing Tony manager is going to Kill the club from what I know he doesnt have the Respect of any of the players including the young players coming through (Which is a very bad sign for attracting young players). Eddie Gormley is a legend and should be the manager simple as that look at what Doolo did when he went first of all to UCD and now at Drogheda he was given a chance at UCD and I think Eddie should be given one he was one of the best (Up there with Doolo) players to play in the League...

Eoingull
27/07/2006, 12:55 AM
I said it before...send everyone to Boot Camp...it'll toughen them up, and train them to be more focussed...failing that...a stint at Lough Derg might do the trick.

BrayUnknowns
27/07/2006, 8:47 AM
I' confussed now about wether to believe the Keith Doyle and Gary Rogers signings now. The mirrior said that Rogers would be signing for Shels. Bray peeple mentioned possible new signings a swell but nothing about Keith Doyle and Gary Rogers, they have said they are looking to sign Bernard Daniels from Shamrock Rovers, Ex-Plymouth defender Tony McKeever and Polish full back Adam Furick.

BrayUnknowns
27/07/2006, 9:02 AM
It also mentioned Chris Deans from Waterford...... Thats a joke right ?

keano16
27/07/2006, 10:48 AM
Chris Deans is a terrible player couldnt gat a game with Dundalk and went to Waterford as captain and Is having a Nightmare also he is a "Big Time Charlie" and I have seen Milk turn faster not what Bray need to be honest..Benny from Rovers is a good little signing loves a trick and will run at players something Bray need at the moment..Rogers going to Shels would surprise me as they have 2 top class keepers and they are broke..Odds on to go to either Drogheda or Longford...

BrayUnknowns
27/07/2006, 2:02 PM
Chris Deans is a terrible player couldnt gat a game with Dundalk and went to Waterford as captain and Is having a Nightmare also he is a "Big Time Charlie" and I have seen Milk turn faster not what Bray need to be honest..Benny from Rovers is a good little signing loves a trick and will run at players something Bray need at the moment..Rogers going to Shels would surprise me as they have 2 top class keepers and they are broke..Odds on to go to either Drogheda or Longford...

Just don't understand a signing like that, he is by far a lot worse than what we have at the moment, a total waste of wages if he is brought in. Yeah Benny, from what i've seen of him for Rovers is a handy enough player. We need more thou.

11-a-side (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=23644) are now also linking Rogers with a move to Bray, ya would'nt know what to believe ! They probably just saw the story here and ran an article about it...... :p

keano16
27/07/2006, 2:39 PM
As I said Gaz would be a excellent signing and would improve the goals against ratio almost instantly he is also a good talker and would keep the back 4 on their toes all the time (Even Roche)...I cant really see how players will be attracted to the club considering how they are doing and who is in charge(Tony)..At least when Devo was there he was good a selling the club and could attract players because of what he does in the game(Duffer) but Tony will not attract top players players have never heard of him...Put it this way if Longford come in for Gary I would expect him to go there Bigger Club..(Sorry But its True) and it brings my point back up that if Eddie Gormley is the manager he WILL DEFFO get players in and throw players out that are taking the ****...