PDA

View Full Version : THE SHED v THE CORNER BOYS

RedReb
13/07/2002, 3:31 AM
Even when we all support the same team who really leads the way. Is it the SHED or is it the CORNER. In my opionion the shed was its usual DEAD self for the SHELS game until some of the CORNERBOYS got involved in the second half in the shed. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A face
13/07/2002, 10:06 AM
I have to agree, no one sings anymore which is crap for atmosphere.

Colm
13/07/2002, 11:40 AM
I have to agree, The Shed wasnt great for the first half v $hel$ but once some of the corner boys joined us in the second half the atmosphere really picked up.

Troy.McClure
13/07/2002, 11:49 AM
Either the Shed moves to the corner, or the corner moves to the Shed, it has to be one or the other!

Colm
13/07/2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Either the Shed moves to the corner, or the corner moves to the Shed, it has to be one or the other! Well I doubt if everyone in the shed could squeeze into the corner;) :D

Troy.McClure
13/07/2002, 1:39 PM
Once things get back to normal and the hoofing restarts, there'll be plenty of room. :p

Sid
14/07/2002, 11:34 AM
The kids in the family section out sang both. Great idea added to the atmosphere.

Gary
14/07/2002, 1:01 PM
Why must you insist on the Shed going to the corner or vice versa. The sheds dead. Face up to facts and live with it!

Pablo
14/07/2002, 9:55 PM
in all fairness, everyone should be in the shed supporting the team, and not just looking to be attention seekers.

Brotus
15/07/2002, 11:02 AM
Where any of ye in the Shed for the Shel's game, it was buzzing in there. Which I must say it hasn't been for a while. With hopefully bigger crowds turning out for the games the atmosphere will improve throughout the ground. But the corner boys are more than welcome to join us in the shed, and maybe some of ye will to and stop moaning bout it:D

Colm
15/07/2002, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
in all fairness, everyone should be in the shed supporting the team, and not just looking to be attention seekers. In fairness Pablo, I dont think anyone is looking to be an attention seeker.

Troy.McClure
15/07/2002, 2:01 PM
Originally posted by COLM
In fairness Pablo, I dont think anyone is looking to be an attention seeker. Moses, ahem, Moses!:D

Colm
15/07/2002, 2:02 PM
I meant any of the corner boys.:p

Éanna
15/07/2002, 3:13 PM
It shouldn't be anyone v anyone. We're all there for the same reason to support city so can we just get on with it and do it. I couldn't personally give a flying f**k if there are 3 sections of city fans singing different songs as long as they are all singing for city. Obviously the ideal would be to have the whole ground singing together, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Brotus
15/07/2002, 3:15 PM
Moses, ahem, Moses

Nice to know whats thought of some of City best supporters, take these guys away and atmosphere in the ground nevermind the shed will suffer.:mad:

Éanna
15/07/2002, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by Brotus

Nice to know whats thought of some of City best supporters, take these guys away and atmosphere in the ground nevermind the shed will suffer.:mad:
I would fully accept what a great supporter moses has been, but to suggest that his removal would damage the athmosphere is no longer true unfortunatley.

Brotus
15/07/2002, 3:34 PM
Have to disagree, mosts of the the chants and slagging is started by moses, find it hard to beleive he would'nt be missed. Plus the shedites love him.

Troy.McClure
15/07/2002, 4:47 PM
Have to disagree, mosts of the the chants and slagging is started by moses, find it hard to beleive he would'nt be missed. Plus the shedites love him. As a "shedite" I cant say that I love, or even like him very much.

Any slagging that he does is almost always against City players and managment (the only exception would be him slagging Olli€ at the $hels match). He rarely starts a song anymore, most of the cr@p that comes out of his mouth is indistinguishable, but apploaded by a coulple of young'uns at the middle of the Shed, and the only thing that he shouts regurarly (that u can understand) is "Sweeties, anyone for sweeties?". Not exactly very sports related is it?

AFIK Moses was at most of the matches last season, but that didnt guarentee a good atmosphere. Winning on the pitch is the best route to a good atmosphere but as Olli€ pointed out last year slagging the team & getting on their back harms them (ala "Taxi for Morley" & "Murphy, you are the weakest link, good-bye").

Éanna
16/07/2002, 12:40 PM
Have to disagree, mosts of the the chants and slagging is started by moses, find it hard to beleive he would'nt be missed. Plus the shedites love him.
put all that in the past tense and you're right. I mightn't be around at the moment but, for the last year or so that I was there Moses hardly started anything, it was me and the other lads at the back who did the singing. And the number of Shedites who love him has dropped big time over that period. Don't get me wrong, I think Moses is a really sound bloke and has been a great City fan, but I wish he'd get back to where he was 2 years ago or so- before all that taxi for Morley bullsh!t started.

Gary
16/07/2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
in all fairness, everyone should be in the shed supporting the team, and not just looking to be attention seekers.

Well done pablo, you really did it there boy. What you are saying is that you cant support the team outside the Shed is it? Dont be daft man. To me it makes sense to have different areas of the ground singing. Itll give a good (in search of a better term here) "surround sound" (that was awful :D ). So live with it.

Colm
16/07/2002, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
I couldn't personally give a flying f**k if there are 3 sections of city fans singing different songs as long as they are all singing for city.
There were three sections of the ground singing:
The Shed
The Corner
The Family enclosure
:D :D

Neil
16/07/2002, 3:21 PM
And the Family Enclosure seemed to make the most noise!

Pablo
16/07/2002, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by GWA

Well done pablo, you really did it there boy. What you are saying is that you cant support the team outside the Shed is it? Dont be daft man. To me it makes sense to have different areas of the ground singing. Itll give a good (in search of a better term here) "surround sound" (that was awful :D ). So live with it.

well FYI what i was refering to was the appearent competition between these sets of fans.......

we are all there for the same reason and its not to spend 90 mins watching one set of fans say they are better than the other other :o

Brotus
16/07/2002, 3:31 PM
And the Family Enclosure seemed to make the most noise

Kids usually do make more noise.

joe
16/07/2002, 3:33 PM

Kids usually do make more noise.

don't forget empty vessels :D

@ndy
17/07/2002, 1:33 AM
Wait til we show you how to be real supporters on Friday...all four of us!

Éanna
17/07/2002, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
Wait til we show you how to be real supporters on Friday...all four of us!
ok, but no trouble this time please:p