PDA

View Full Version : Dismantling a garden shed

drinkfeckarse
25/07/2006, 1:25 PM
I'm replacing it with a larger one so I was just wondering do I just take a hammer to it and smash it to bits or is there a particular method?? I'd prefer to be a bit tidy with it.

Thanks

strangeirish
25/07/2006, 1:38 PM
This should help!

Dodge
25/07/2006, 1:40 PM
Man I'd love the oppurtunity to smash comething to bits with a hammer. Don't let this golden chance get away from you...

drinkfeckarse
25/07/2006, 1:44 PM
Both those thoughts did enter my head lads ;)

First
25/07/2006, 2:04 PM
I'm replacing it with a larger one so I was just wondering do I just take a hammer to it and smash it to bits or is there a particular method?? I'd prefer to be a bit tidy with it.

Thanks

Start a row with your significant other , it will be even better if you haven't told them you are upsizing, go and get a sledge and take it out on the shed while muttering obsenities about work , life and not being appreciated.

Outcome -You will be in slippers and steak dinners for at least a month.
Alternative - hopefully there will be enough of the shed left to build a dog house for yourself.

Sh*t lifes a gamble.:D

Macy
25/07/2006, 2:19 PM
Post it on your local freecycle and get someone to take it away. Then crack open a can and watch someone else trying to dismantle it. :)

CraftyToePoke
25/07/2006, 3:02 PM
smash it, smash it good, with a ridiculously over sized hammer, then burn it, burn it good, while drinking beer, cold beer.

Pauro 76
25/07/2006, 4:58 PM
thank God for that, i was expecting some mature sensible chat about furnishings, baybees and browsing DIY stores on a Sunday with the missus. was nearly afraid to open this thread. thank you! :cool: oh i reckon burn the fecker.

Plastic Paddy
25/07/2006, 5:14 PM
What about recycling the materials DFA? Surely you - or someone else - can find another use for them.

As for the rest of you pyros, won't anyone think about the poor planet? Bet youse all drive 4x4 gas guzzlers too... :rolleyes: :D

:ball: PP

Raheny Red
25/07/2006, 6:10 PM
Man I'd love the oppurtunity to smash comething to bits with a hammer. Don't let this golden chance get away from you...

Fustrating season:confused: ..................................:p

Dr.Nightdub
25/07/2006, 10:47 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about a U2 parody album.

drinkfeckarse
26/07/2006, 8:21 AM
Yeah I was going to name the thread "how to dismantle a garden shed" but thought it might confuse people ;)

I took a hammer to it it last night and it came away fairly easily in sections so I didn't have a million bits lying about. It did feel good to be whacking it with the hammer though, made me feel all manly :D although I wasn't too keen on all the spiders and beasties!!

Not sure about recyling them PP, the sides and roof are lying up against the side of my house until I get a trailor later to shift them but they don't look in great nick, it looked as if it was a cheapy B&Q thing and is fairly flimsy. I'll take them to the dump where you can put your rubbish in different sections so I'd imagine they'll recycle them there if they think it's worth it.

Cheers for the advice lads, even though most of it was useless :p

joeSoap
26/07/2006, 8:45 AM
2oz of semtex, a remote control...6 pack, hot dog, sit a mile away and listen for the bang...oh, evacuate the street before this fun...

Plastic Paddy
26/07/2006, 8:49 AM
Not sure about recyling them PP, the sides and roof are lying up against the side of my house until I get a trailor later to shift them but they don't look in great nick, it looked as if it was a cheapy B&Q thing and is fairly flimsy. I'll take them to the dump where you can put your rubbish in different sections so I'd imagine they'll recycle them there if they think it's worth it.

Good man, that'll keep the foot.ie environmental lobby happy for another day. :D

:ball: PP

Ash
26/07/2006, 9:06 AM
I had the pleasure of "dismanteling" a shed a few summers ago
and it was just fantastic ... warm summers day, wife beater vest,
few cans of cider and a sledge hammer. Grrrrrrrrr

Actually the more I think about it, it was more like breaking rocks
in San Quentin ... with cider and being allowed go home after :-)

Magicme
26/07/2006, 9:10 AM
My brother was working building sets on a movie that was made in Monaghan a few months ago and he said his favourite part of the job was when filiming finished and he got to go in and Karate Style kick down the sets and swinging sledges at it was fun too.....do all men get a kick out of being distructive? God the mess my life has been I think I should know that answer!

dfx-
26/07/2006, 11:34 AM
do all men get a kick out of being distructive?

........yes :cool: :o

Dodge
26/07/2006, 12:07 PM
do all men get a kick out of being distructive?
Yes. Just like all women get a kick outta seeing their man bashing the hell out of a garden shed, sweating in the sun (Cue diet coke music here...)

drinkfeckarse
26/07/2006, 12:48 PM
My wan must've missed that although it may have had something to do with the aroma from me seeing as it was roasting all day....

Magicme
27/07/2006, 9:38 AM
*gathers material to build a makeshift shed in garden so she can invite local sexpot round to demolish*

drinkfeckarse
27/07/2006, 11:16 AM
I'm not from round your way Magicme but thanks anyway ;) :p

dfx-
27/07/2006, 12:06 PM
Take your time Magicme...we won't be in Monaghan for another five weeks yet... :p

Magicme
27/07/2006, 12:11 PM
Take your time Magicme...we won't be in Monaghan for another five weeks yet... :p

I meant a shed in my garden not the beautiful stand at CHP that u can see from my garden!

Drink....I wish we had totty of your calibre in our area but will just have to do with some lesser sexpot....

dfx-
27/07/2006, 1:32 PM
I meant a shed in my garden not the beautiful stand at CHP that u can see from my garden!

I know you did..if your house is that close then I'm sure the 20,000 travelling Hoops can make the demolishing detour;) :p

Magicme
28/07/2006, 9:06 AM
I know you did..if your house is that close then I'm sure the 20,000 travelling Hoops can make the demolishing detour;) :p

Aw sure can while ur all there I can do the Daniel O'Donnell and have a tea party in the garden for ya all!

God I hope you bring 20k with ya.....that would pay our teams wages for the rest of the season! :eek: