PDA

View Full Version : EL Weekly

Aaron
24/07/2006, 11:04 PM
I have to say the piece done on Dublin City was good. If they could do an insight like this more often it wud improve the show

sonofstan
24/07/2006, 11:08 PM
agree - Osam and Scully talking sense afterwards as well

Aaron
24/07/2006, 11:14 PM
Scully talking sense

Still a grade a MUPPETT tho!!:D :D :D

nshoop
24/07/2006, 11:21 PM
Still a grade a MUPPETT tho!!:D :D :D

How?He talks perfect sense every show and wakes up the audience after osam has had his spell,scully knows the game inside-out!

sonofstan
24/07/2006, 11:26 PM
Watching tonight I thought that if they'd do features on clubs, or profiles of players or just talk to fans occasionally, the show would straight away get better.

....and can we quote Delaney on his belief that things should be sorted out on the pitch?

Raheny Red
24/07/2006, 11:35 PM
....and can we quote Delaney on his belief that things should be sorted out on the pitch?

Indeed, I was totally shocked by that comment!

nshoop
24/07/2006, 11:36 PM
If they even interviewed the fans before matches or picked one game each week to have as the main feature, like the championship on itv, it would help and I can't see why they don't make the show last an hour?They are always rushing to fit in important conversations and analysis of matches and osam takes up half the show talking,which I don't mind,but surely the love island highlights or whatever sh*te is on can wait another 20 mins?

Red4Eva
25/07/2006, 12:50 AM
back when elw started they used to have a fans thing at the end of the show don't know why they got rid of it. scully knows his sh*t and always talks sense. feature was good. would love if there was a highlights show every week and then a programme with features like this and previews on maybe a thursday night

Derek
25/07/2006, 2:05 AM
scully was talkin rubbish, he was on about the licensing and why the Dubs got into the league, most of the teams has dodgy books.

joema
25/07/2006, 2:15 AM
Derek, I think you will find that the vast majority of el fans agree that it was a joke ye got a license in the first place. Scully is always very good and Osam was excellent tonight too for a change.
It was a decent program tonight - if only it was that good every week. They should look at the Championship on ITV and MOTD 2 which both do excellent features involving fan interviews and club profiles

Derek
25/07/2006, 2:54 AM
Derek, I think you will find that the vast majority of el fans agree that it was a joke ye got a license in the first place. Scully is always very good and Osam was excellent tonight too for a change.
It was a decent program tonight - if only it was that good every week. They should look at the Championship on ITV and MOTD 2 which both do excellent features involving fan interviews and club profiles

It wasnt a bad show tonight, but there is nore than one club that is in troouble and blaming the problems on one excuse or another is not helpful, the real problem is apat from the converted nobody wants to go to games, I always find it funny when people would slag me off for such small crowds at the Dublin City games but if you have a look at all the Eircom clubs none of them have anything near what is needed to progress, I just hope it changes soon and people start ot go to the games or else its curtains of all. 1 or 2 thousand mybe even 5 thousand is not enough for the leaguse to suvive and be profitable. I know Dublin City was a pipe dream but when you look at the stadia around the country and I have been in them all they are mostly dumps with the exception of longford and kilkenny which are not perfect but almost there. ANyway that was a bit of a rant, but the point is too many scape goats and nobody with any real solutions. I give up!

Wrote the above with a few beers onboard, hence all the typeos

Ringo
25/07/2006, 7:08 AM
I thought Scully , should have mentioned that Dublin City players always got paid. What about Shelbourne players not getting paid or the revenue issuing a wind up notice to Cork City. Dublin City got their licence fair & square. All teams have debt. The club was wound up voluntarily after the merger with the FAI went through. Dublin City was told, that no matter how it finished on the field (are you listening Delaney:rolleyes: ), Dublin City would not be in the premier division next year. Thought Harry made some good points. The interviewer needs to be more aggressive

WeAreRovers
25/07/2006, 10:11 AM
scully was talkin rubbish, he was on about the licensing and why the Dubs got into the league, most of the teams has dodgy books.

Except for the one Scully manages. :rolleyes:

KOH

The Stars
25/07/2006, 10:23 AM
Good show last night but did anyone else pick up on what Osam said.
When asked what is the single thing that is holding the league back and he said teams play for results(as in they care more about not losing than winning).He then said for the Cork game this week,as long as they dont concede and get some sort of result,thats what they will be playing for.
Contradiction.

Wiseguy
25/07/2006, 10:24 AM

It just goes to show what an idiot and hypocrit Delaney is.

Wiseguy
25/07/2006, 10:27 AM
Good show last night but did anyone else pick up on what Osam said.
When asked what is the single thing that is holding the league back and he said teams play for results(as in they care more about not losing than winning).He then said for the Cork game this week,as long as they dont concede and get some sort of result,thats what they will be playing for.
Contradiction.
It was a rediculous statement alright.I was always under the impression that football was all about results as it's results that put points on the board.

The Stars
25/07/2006, 10:48 AM
dont know what planet this guy is on.he expects teams to play an atrractive brand of football,even though it will leave them open to conceding loads of goals.

Guitd
25/07/2006, 11:08 AM
what has happened to brays pitch it looked in a bad state on telly last night
fai shouldnt allow coverage unless the grounds look good it presents the league badly.clubs should take piide in their grounds been on telly.

Jerry The Saint
25/07/2006, 11:14 AM
what has happened to brays pitch it looked in a bad state on telly last night
fai shouldnt allow coverage unless the grounds look good it presents the league badly.clubs should take piide in their grounds been on telly.

It wasn't that bad really, we all know that summer soccer leads to better pitches....

Rory H
25/07/2006, 11:16 AM
its actually in pretty good state....

Roverstillidie
25/07/2006, 11:44 AM
I thought Scully , should have mentioned that Dublin City players always got paid. What about Shelbourne players not getting paid or the revenue issuing a wind up notice to Cork City. Dublin City got their licence fair & square. All teams have debt. The club was wound up voluntarily after the merger with the FAI went through. Dublin City was told, that no matter how it finished on the field (are you listening Delaney:rolleyes: ), Dublin City would not be in the premier division next year. Thought Harry made some good points. The interviewer needs to be more aggressive

told by who?

i read it was because an investor failed to stump up the promised cash.

agree re osam, the problem with the league is teams try to hard to win? what an inanne comment. :rolleyes:

Dodge
25/07/2006, 12:20 PM
What he meant was that clubs look for short term results rather than thinking about long term success (overspending etc) The man's on too high a level for most of you :)

manic da hoop
25/07/2006, 12:58 PM
The man's on too high a level for most of you :)

Well physically anyway;)