PDA

View Full Version : Kerley resigns from Waterford

soccerc
24/07/2006, 8:24 PM
The Management Committee of Waterford United has accepted the resignation of its manager Mike Kerley. Assistant Manager Trevor Lovell will also be leaving his position with immediate effect.

The Management Committee would like to thank Mike and Trevor for their efforts and wish them well in the future.

Derek Browne, the Waterford United Under 21 Manager, will take charge of training and team preparations for this week’s game against Derry City.

Applications will be accepted from suitably qualified persons by email to office@waterford-united.ie or to the Waterford United office, at 135 Barrack Street, Waterford, Fax number (051) 853226 by Friday July 28th 2006.

The Management Committee will be meeting this week to discuss this matter.

SPXcyan
24/07/2006, 8:48 PM
Its about time he's gone!! why did it take so long? he clearly had no idea what he was doing..

Aaron
24/07/2006, 8:51 PM
I think waterford shud be goin looking for managers rather than getting applicants. Anyway Reynolds as Player/Manager again?? Anyone think??

SPXcyan
24/07/2006, 9:01 PM
I wouldn't mind!!

Aaron
24/07/2006, 9:07 PM
Waterford wernt a bad side wen he was in charge. A few good players like sullivan, connor, waters, purcell etc... You put us out of the cup a few years ago and now how much you have fallen. Also Limericks rise in munster didnt really help with them buying 3 of ur best players

gael353
24/07/2006, 9:34 PM
Bit harsh on Kerley lads he had shag all money to deal with and had to assemble a squad with very little time. Yes the rise of Limerick was a prob too and i think ye should go after Noel O'Connor now who is by far the best in munster.

Risteard
24/07/2006, 11:34 PM
Why didn't Kerley play for Waterford while manager?
He's hardly an OAP and couldn't have been much worse than what ye had.
Wasn't he playing for Waterford Crystal last year?

mypost
25/07/2006, 4:19 AM
If a squad player can't get his game for Waterford at the moment, he must be really, really bad.

trevy
25/07/2006, 9:17 AM
Kerley hasn't played in a few years I think.I think your getting him mixed up with Brendan Rea who was manager for a while last season who played for Waterford Crystal last year.I'm glad Kerley is gone,3 points from 18 games,negative tactics with 1 man up front all the time and no motivation from the sideline.Who'll want the job now:eek: ?

bigmac
25/07/2006, 9:25 AM
The return of the Fatman perhaps?

:eek:

Magicme
25/07/2006, 9:35 AM
Dermot Keely is available......

blue til i die
25/07/2006, 3:40 PM
Dermot Keely is available......

And thats the way he can stay!!

Aaron
25/07/2006, 6:49 PM
Roddy Collins Is Also Availabvle.......;)

A face
25/07/2006, 9:16 PM
Roddy Collins Is Also Availabvle.......;)

Jebus H ... they need to improve, not collapse.

Mental Man
25/07/2006, 9:52 PM
Interesting developements happening down here on suirside this evening, Jimmy McGeough was on local radio saying he wants another shot at the job from which he was unduly sacked from and he says he has "unfinished business with the blues".
With c**thead O'brien gone (the tyrannical former chairman) the way is open for a return by the fans favourite McGeough.
Local radio was hopping here all day with people texting in saying they want to see jimmy back at the helm, what a character and a gentleman,you dont need a PRO for a club when u have Jimmy around, hes always on the radio and local papers, fingers crossed.;) ;)