PDA

View Full Version : It's safe to come out now

thescoringgoals
24/07/2006, 12:35 AM
when the barstoolers and armchair aertel fans or "how did galway utd do last night"? fans see that we are now level at the top of the league they might actually think about coming to the game this friday,it will be safe for them to come now because we are winning games and at the top of the league,so tell everyone that this in fact a top of the table clash and im sure theyll think a bit more seriously about going,im bringing 2 guys who stopped going after sitting through the home game vrs athlone,they are going this friday for the 2 reasons already mentioned,i know its sad that there only going for these reasons but its the reality of the situation in this town,ill annoy gbfm with a few texts to get them to kp mentioning it,so lets get word of mouth going around the city and county and get a relatively huge crowd up this friday.

dahamsta
24/07/2006, 2:43 AM
No offense, but you'll get a better reaction to posts like this if at least make an attempt at punctuation and grammar.

adam

Tir Oilean
24/07/2006, 8:49 AM
No offense, but you'll get a better reaction to posts like this if at least make an attempt at punctuation and grammar.

adam

I believe the correct spelling to be "offence", Mr. Punctuation and Grammar.:D Lighten up a little!

dahamsta
24/07/2006, 9:25 AM
You believe wrong. And I'm not ticking the OP off, simply pointing out that people tend to click the Back button when they see a poorly formatted post; whereas one that's obviously had some effort put into it tends to get more responses. If the OP chooses to ignore me, that's entirely up to them.

adam

joeSoap
24/07/2006, 9:31 AM
I believe the correct spelling to be "offence", Mr. Punctuation and Grammar.:D Lighten up a little!I think you're wrong here ,my friend...

Offence (http://www.allwords.com/query.php?SearchType=3&Keyword=offence)

Offense (http://www.allwords.com/query.php?SearchType=3&Keyword=offense)..

Terry
24/07/2006, 9:47 AM
....and getting back to what this thread is really about !!!

I hope your right thescoringgoals but I wouldnt be expecting to much. I would tend to agree with what ConorH wrote elsewhere, where I don't think we will get the crowds we seen at the Athlone or Rovers matches, but at the same time should get close to the 800-900 mark at least

gufct
24/07/2006, 10:24 AM
crowd of the season for this as anyone ive met since friday night are talking about going so if the city responds the same way i can see a gate of over 1,500 .Its up to us to promote it with Jersey day lets bombard GBFM,Clare FM,Mid West and the local media to get people off their asses and up the DYke Road on Friday.

Over 1,000 jerseys have been sold in the last year plus all those lapsed supporters who have previous seasons jerseys,GAA County & Club Maroon jerseys imagine the sight if over half the stand on friday we were wearing jerseys.

Tir Oilean
24/07/2006, 10:41 AM
Im getting a lot of good feed back about the game. As long as it is dry and GBFM harp on about it during the week we should exceed the 1000 mark. Don't listen to GBFM myself so will someone who listens let us know what the coverage is like. Nick should have interviews organised with them for the next home clashes as we will be slugging it out in a tight fight. Now is the time for bombarding the meeja (sorry Dahamsta) to build up the local profile!

Terry
24/07/2006, 10:44 AM
Thats the problem right there, not trying to be negative or anything, but, the people I have been asking to join me are saying that it was a run of results against poor opposition and that they will wait and see what happens against Limerick and Rovers !! FECKERS

COMON UNITED
COMON PEOPLE OF GALWAY

THE HURLERS ARE GONE AND SOON TOO WILL BE THE FOOTBALLERS! UNITED IS THE WAY TO SUCCESS THIS YEAR !!!!!!

Paddyfield
24/07/2006, 6:55 PM
crowd of the season for this as anyone ive met since friday night are talking about going so if the city responds the same way i can see a gate of over 1,500 .

Agreed gufct. There will be well over 1,000 at the game on Friday

Gaillimh Al
24/07/2006, 11:31 PM
Hopefully there will be a big crowd and a good atmosphere. A few people I know, who had the misfortune to witness the athlone/dundalk/finn harps home games, are going up. But it is serious last chance saloon for these people. If there isn't a performance and some entertainment value for their money, they wont be back.
Now I know this isn't the right attitude to have, but if we can get these people into the habit of going up to Terryland on the back of some good games of football, all the better. Myself, at this crucial moment in the season, I'd take a 1-0 win with an O.G. in the 93rd minute after 90 minutes of tedium. But if the team can produce good, attacking football and show that the potential is there, hopefully the people of Galway will respond. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

JW.
24/07/2006, 11:34 PM
We will play good football on Friday lads and there'll be a good atmosphere. We're full of confidence at the mo and Murph - our key man - is full of beans. It'll be a good occasion.

nshoop
24/07/2006, 11:39 PM
I wonder how limerick will approach the game?They were fairly attacking at hogan park but I haven't seen them play away.