PDA

View Full Version : Massive game on Friday

Paddyfield
23/07/2006, 8:15 PM
Terryland will get its biggest crowd of the season on Friday when out-of-sorts Limerick FC come to town. The Blues have shocked a lot of people by setting the pace this season but have been free-falling in recent weeks after a series of defeats. They will be up for this game and will bring a lot of fans.

Our time has arrived.
We must deliver.
Bring it on!

The Rebel Ram
23/07/2006, 8:24 PM
A draw will be perfect lads:D

gael353
23/07/2006, 9:05 PM
Terryland will get its biggest crowd of the season on Friday when out-of-sorts Limerick FC come to town. The Blues have shocked a lot of people by setting the pace this season but have been free-falling in recent weeks after a series of defeats. They will be up for this game and will bring a lot of fans.

Our time has arrived.
We must deliver.
Bring it on!

Your joking right? lads are ye aware of the Limerick record in Galway? we just dont do this winning thing up there. We usually give away a few easy headed goals before making an effort in the last 10 mins or so but winning? even drawing would be going against tradition. Could any of the galway lads find the last Limerick LEAGUE win or draw in Galway please?

Terry
23/07/2006, 9:21 PM
It was posted elsewhere that ye have got nothing since 1993 in the league anyway.

EDIT: Found it.

It was the opening game of the 1990/91 season (September 1st 1990)
Galway United 1-2 Limerick City

Conor H
23/07/2006, 9:27 PM

Our time has arrived.
We must deliver.
Bring it on!

True Paddyfield but....
1-limerick will bring about 10 fans.
2-It wont beat the Athlone crowd nor the Rovers IMO.

Hopefully i'll be wrong!:)

Paddyfield
23/07/2006, 9:41 PM
limerick will bring about 10 fans.

That's nine more than we brought to Monaghan last week :(

Conor H
23/07/2006, 9:46 PM
That's nine more than we brought to Monaghan last week :(

True but it's about 20 fewer then we'll bring to Limerick.Also we had about 30-40 up in Monaghan already this season.
One dose of CHP is enough!:p

Terry
23/07/2006, 9:56 PM
Form table over the past 6 weeks, I know it means nothing and its all down to what happens on the night, but it still doesn't make good reading from a limerick point of view

Form Table (Last 6 weeks) Pld Pts
1 Dundalk .........................7 14
2 Cobh Ramblers ................7 13
3 Shamrock Rovers .............7 12
4 Galway United .................7 12
5 Athlone Town ..................7 12
6 Finn Harps ......................7 11
7 Kildare County FC .............7 11
8 Limerick FC ......................7 6
9 Monaghan United ..............7 5
10 Kilkenny City ..................7 1

Trainee
24/07/2006, 4:11 AM
Ture A massive game on friday
we should win it Limerick have an aufual record in terryland and we are in form so all going well we should get 3 points from this game ( it wont be easily thought our poor finishing nearly let us down in monaghan only for ronan frawley clearance off the line it would have been a draw)

Against limerick we will need to stick or chances

Dont forget the GUST BBQ afterwards in crows ( tickets only 10 Euro)
Tickets will be on sale in teeryland on friday for anyone who will still need to buy a ticket(all are welcome)

It will all in all make for a good night:)

JW.
24/07/2006, 8:22 AM
I can't believe that Limerick stat Paddyfield. It's not as if we haven't been playing them very often!

JC_GUFC
24/07/2006, 1:30 PM
It was posted elsewhere that ye have got nothing since 1993 in the league anyway.

EDIT: Found it.

It was the opening game of the 1990/91 season (September 1st 1990)
Galway United 1-2 Limerick City

I saw this earlier and knew it was wrong! (sorry Terry) I remember a game in which Eddie Hickey scored after 2 minutes for Limerick, United equalised and dominated the rest of the game until Tony Izzi scored in the 89th minute! This was in the "New Terryland" October 26 1996.

corbyeire
24/07/2006, 1:40 PM
good research - lads dont forget about cobh as well - back to winning ways over the weekend - if we draw the games coming up they could well leap frog us - although they have a game extra played

Terry
24/07/2006, 1:47 PM
I saw this earlier and knew it was wrong! (sorry Terry) I remember a game in which Eddie Hickey scored after 2 minutes for Limerick, United equalised and dominated the rest of the game until Tony Izzi scored in the 89th minute! This was in the "New Terryland" October 26 1996.

I stand corrected:( I was sure that was a cup match