PDA

View Full Version : Bray 1-2 Pats

Stevo Da Gull
23/07/2006, 5:19 PM
Very dissapointing that they got 2-0 up so easily and I was fearing a trouncing. But we dug in and got back into the game, but came away with no points. If there's to be a turning point I'd say the next few games are as good a chance as we'll get. Franco played very well, Tarzan looked sharp when he came on, Foxy played very well and I'd say that it was between him and Franco for our MOTM, Davy Tyrrell played IMO his best stuff this season when he came on. There were a few other good performances. A big problem this season has been that only a handfull of players have been on form at a time, no more than 2 or 3 in a game but today it looked as though a good few of the lads were getting a bit of form back. Unfortunately we were already 2-0 down today but looking to the next few games if these players can keep on form and then when Caffo and Giffy come back from suspension if they can hit form we'll be doing well. The most important thing is that we play as a team but still if you only have 2 or 3 players on form you'll find it very hard to win. Hopefully we can get a good load of the players playing on form (hopefully Vint will get match fit/sharp) and then the confidence should start to lift. Obviously though we cant go giving teams 2 goal leads.
I'm not trying to gloss over a defeat, I mean we were nearly good enough to get something today but I am aware that `Nearly never won a game`;) . But how we play in the next few games will tell us a lot about the character in the team,so lets get behind them.

PS - Franco's a f**kin legend:)

Grey Boy
23/07/2006, 5:36 PM
We gave away 2 very poor goals. And Pats cut our defence to shreds several times. McGovern was a bit of a donkey today. Having said all that I didn't leave with my usual despair. We weren't too bad in patches. I think Vint with a few more games under his belt could prove the key. We've lacked that type of robust centre forward, that will be a big help to Franco. Boy, do we need a win though.

pedrostarr
23/07/2006, 5:44 PM
How did Vint play? Just got off the phone with his housemate who told me that Vint called him and said he was disappointed in his performance.

Stevo Da Gull
23/07/2006, 5:54 PM
How did Vint play? Just got off the phone with his housemate who told me that Vint called him and said he was disappointed in his performance.

I thought that he started the game well but never really got going after that. Still looks a bit off full match fitness and hopefully he can be a key player for us.
There are already 2 collies in the team so I'm thinking Vinty is what he'll be called - unless you can tell us of any nicknames he got in the US or Brazil:confused:

Grey Boy
23/07/2006, 5:58 PM
I thought he was off the pace quite a bit and he lost the ball cheaply in good positions but he helped us play a much more direct attacking style. Good foil for Franco, a couple off nice through balls. Early days though, I hope he has room for improvement. All in all probably not the best of starts really but the potential is clerly there.

pedrostarr
23/07/2006, 6:00 PM
Haha; Vinty is a good one - here we call him Colinho, CV9, etc. but I'm sure he won't mind whatever you guys give him. He told me earlier this week that he wasn't match fit yet so I would've been surprised to see him start in only his second game. His mother is from Portugal so that's where all the names come from.

Stevo Da Gull
23/07/2006, 6:18 PM
I like Colinho. Hopefully he'll start banging in goals and/or start setting some up (as Grey Boy said, hopefully him and Franco will work well together) soon and we can make up a song or two for him;)

BrayUnknowns
24/07/2006, 9:51 AM
Very dissapointed with yesterday's preformance, both from the team and the management. Some extremely poor preformances from the lads - Doyle probably had his worst game for us yet, he touch was stinking and his delivery was brutal ! he defo needs to learn to control his anger, was booked when there was no need for it, silly silly boy. Vint looked lost but it his st start for us so that can be forgiven, and as for Andy Cousins, How unearth is he playing at the top level in Irish football ? truely shocking game from him, he offered the team nothing !

We were NEVER going to get anything from the game with 3 players making there senior debuts for the club, which was very bad management from McGuirk and Gormely.

The 1st half was non-existant from us, 1st few minutes we started oki and hit the bar but after that it was all Pats and fully deserved there lead, very poor defending from us and Skip should have come off his line to close the angle, but he took a few steps and stoped which made it easier for the Pats player to cut it back. Other than that he had a solid enough game and for once his kicking was actually ok, he seemed to take his time and concentrate on it quite a lot (more of the same would be nice !) Skip was Probably my MOTM.

2nd half was a totally different preformance from us. It was Pats who were on the back foot most of the 45 minutes, ya could see McDonnell getting very aggitated on the sideline and the Pats players resorted to a few old time wasting tricks and feigning injurys. There 2nd goal was kind of against the run of play, we had them under a good bit of pressure but Pats counter attck play was excellent, they caught us a good few times but failed to really create good scoring chances, thank god !

Franco's goal was super, Cousins played a lovely ball thru (his only contribution to the game) and the little mans finish was top drawer, great to see him running to get the ball from the net as well, showed his hunger and desire. We had a defo stone wall peno turned down as well, Maguire virtually caught the ball when Tresson went up with him, Ref and Lino had perfect views of it so they can have no excuses to say they did'nt see it, just very very bad reffing.

Over all Pats deserved the win. All we can do is keep trying.

Very sad to read McGuirk in the paper on Sunday saying that he had being speaking to a few players but wasn't willnig to pay the wages they were looking for and that we had the players to get out of this mess......CLEARLEY WE DON'T TONY !

lowflyingseagul
24/07/2006, 2:52 PM
CLEARLY WE DON'T HAVE THE MANAGER TO GET US OUT OF THIS MESS. come in dermot keely, pat dolan ..............anybody except roddy collins

Bray Head
24/07/2006, 3:23 PM
CLEARLY WE DON'T HAVE THE MANAGER TO GET US OUT OF THIS MESS. come in dermot keely, pat dolan ..............anybody except roddy collins
No manager will come to us and work under Devlin. He's still in charge. We do need a proper manager as the current situation is not working.