PDA

View Full Version : City favourites to win the League!

Neil
11/07/2002, 12:33 PM
...according to eleven-a-side.com's poll anyway!

Ali-G
11/07/2002, 1:38 PM
great stuff,
and we didnt evem try to rig the voting!!
:D

niamh
11/07/2002, 2:08 PM
Well we are currently on top of the league!

pete
11/07/2002, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by Ali-G
great stuff,
and we didnt evem try to rig the voting!!
:D

Yeah its like a sixth sense to vote 10 times these days. :D

mouldymurphy
11/07/2002, 7:03 PM
Originally posted by niamh

oh yea (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p236.htm)

eoinh
11/07/2002, 10:03 PM
that it will be a fairly unpredictable league this season but i would put bohs, ourselves and st. pats as frontrunners. shels looked so dire as to be unbelievable. good win for rovers tonight though.

Colm
12/07/2002, 12:03 AM
Drogheda are top of the league.

Id have to agree that we are now front runners along with Pats and Bohs.

patsh
12/07/2002, 9:30 AM
$hels played 2 conceded 6....:D
Some statistic, eh?
So 10 years on, can we do it?;)

Neil
12/07/2002, 9:36 AM
I wouldn't be putting us in contention for the league because of one result against Shels.

I think we can do better than expected, but top 4/5 still seems more likely. Remember Deccie Daly still has to come back from injury!

Hecko
12/07/2002, 11:47 AM
We shouldn't get carried away yet. Shels look rubbish, but they will improve and they won't be too far off by the end of it. It does look like Bohs should be favourites now - and they've got a 100K shirt sponsorship deal today as well. Don't know about Pats. i though they weren't great for a lot of last season and they aren't any better now -plus Dolan is making a pillock of himself and the fans are getting ****ed off with him.

I reckon the main thing for city is to try to get a good run together now when we're looking sharp - we always have to calculate for the mid-season slump where we don't win for ten games. It usually starts in the middle of Novemebr, but this year that would be fine...

niamh
12/07/2002, 3:50 PM
Originally posted by niamh

We were at the time of posting!
Shels were brutal against Drogheda. Any time either team went anywhere near the other goal, they looked like scoring. Heary was playing at centre-half for heaven's sake!
Not to take from City's performance but the result against Shels is looking less and less like the mighty result it first appeared.