PDA

View Full Version : Cork City vs Belgrade (Sold out)

ccfcgirl
22/07/2006, 7:34 PM
Game sold out within 6 hours .Belgrade were given 500 tickets so hopfuly some be sent back as alot of regulars dont have tickets...

Poor Student
22/07/2006, 8:57 PM
Calling them Belgrade is like calling Celtic simply Glasgow. Belgrade isn't even officially in the Serbian name Crvena Zvezda. Partizan Belgrade are a big enough Belgrade club themselves.

beskintos
22/07/2006, 9:08 PM
I know that you are grobar yourself, student:cool:

pete
22/07/2006, 9:59 PM
Definitely one of the fastest sell outs in CCFCs history even including the last league of the season last year.

I will still call them Red Star as can't pronounce the other name & means nothing to anyone outside Serbia.

Pity we will have a shell of a team with injuries, suspensions & tiffs but should be great build up. Would take a 0-0 draw now.

gspain
22/07/2006, 10:04 PM
I believe the team formerly known as Red Star Belgrade have a big fan club in London and they'll be travelling in force so you'd be lucky to get any back.

Glad for City's sake it sold out - well deserved revenue but sorry for the regulars who miss out but why haven't they bought a season ticket?

Agree 0-0would be a great result given the circumstances - even without the circumstances 0-0 would be a great result.

pete
22/07/2006, 10:12 PM
Glad for City's sake it sold out - well deserved revenue but sorry for the regulars who miss out but why haven't they bought a season ticket?

Standard season ticket does not guarantee a ticket. Need to buy the premium season ticket that includes european ticket.

0-0 would be great, gives chance of an away goal in 2nd leg. Getting to the 3rd round given the opposition & background would be one of best ever eL performances.

beskintos
22/07/2006, 11:10 PM
I don't understand where did this "formerly known as Red Star" thing come from. That team was founded in year 1945 by the name of Crvena Zvezda and have always had that name. It literaly means "red star" in translation.
I suppose they were using english translation of their name for correspondence with UEFA all this time and now they just stopped translating it. I saw someone calling you "Pampur City" on some serbian forum. "Pampur" literaly means cork, plunge for wine bottles. I guess serbs like translating FC names:D

btw- I'm banned on CCFC official forum for, allegedly, hacking it:confused: Sorry for offtopic but I need to explain.
I don't have a clue about hacking, I was just at a wrong place in a wrong time and with wrong amount of beer in myself. All I did is followed the link that hacker left and asked him to recover the forum. He though I was admin and gave me new admin pass. It was "sorrydude". Stupidly, I refused to play a roll of admin and told him I wasn't one. Then I logged in as Admin to send an email to real admin about this. If only I was sober I would remember to change the password first and put it in that mail. So, I was admin for like 5 min and logged out. After another 5 min, when I tried to log in again to change the pass, it was to late. That hacker, Kraic (from Northern Ireland he said), already changed it and made a mess out of forum. I feel embarressed because I could save the forum but I didn't think straight:(. Serves me right, I suppose.

And I'm not a Red Star fan, I thought I made it clear with my first post there. I'm a fan of Hajduk from Kula. I have no interest (or knowledge for that mater) in crashing irish forums. Actually, I enjoy browsing them and discussing topics with people in friendly manner.

A face
23/07/2006, 3:29 AM
btw- I'm banned on CCFC official forum for, allegedly, hacking it:confused: Sorry for offtopic but I need to explain.
I don't have a clue about hacking, I was just at a wrong place in a wrong time and with wrong amount of beer in myself. All I did is followed the link that hacker left and asked him to recover the forum. He though I was admin and gave me new admin pass. It was "sorrydude". Stupidly, I refused to play a roll of admin and told him I wasn't one. Then I logged in as Admin to send an email to real admin about this. If only I was sober I would remember to change the password first and put it in that mail. So, I was admin for like 5 min and logged out. After another 5 min, when I tried to log in again to change the pass, it was to late. That hacker, Kraic (from Northern Ireland he said), already changed it and made a mess out of forum. I feel embarressed because I could save the forum but I didn't think straight:(. Serves me right, I suppose.

And I'm not a Red Star fan, I thought I made it clear with my first post there. I'm a fan of Hajduk from Kula. I have no interest (or knowledge for that mater) in crashing irish forums. Actually, I enjoy browsing them and discussing topics with people in friendly manner.

So you're a hacker is it ??

Dodge
23/07/2006, 4:00 AM
Standard season ticket does not guarantee a ticket. Need to buy the premium season ticket that includes european ticket
What a ****ing rip off, talk about bleeding your loyal fans.

beskintos
23/07/2006, 6:42 AM
So you're a hacker is it ??
Maybe my english isn't as good as I thought it is. In short, no I'm not a hacker.

thejollyrodger
23/07/2006, 9:06 AM
Cant see cork getting through the tie but might get a draw at home.

gspain
23/07/2006, 9:09 AM
Standard season ticket does not guarantee a ticket. Need to buy the premium season ticket that includes european ticket.

0-0 would be great, gives chance of an away goal in 2nd leg. Getting to the 3rd round given the opposition & background would be one of best ever eL performances.

Surely those who buy a regular season ticket should be given an opportunity to buy tickets before the general public. I'm sure you'll have people making their first appearance at the Cross since the Derry game.

Risteard
23/07/2006, 8:28 PM
What a ****ing rip off, talk about bleeding your loyal fans.
:confused: :confused:
Making them pay for European games??
They've the option of getting a season ticket WITH the European games in.:)

micls
23/07/2006, 8:34 PM
Surely those who buy a regular season ticket should be given an opportunity to buy tickets before the general public. I'm sure you'll have people making their first appearance at the Cross since the Derry game.

There wasnt enough time.....if they had made saturday available for season ticket holders(the earliest tickets culd be ready and distributed for) then they couldnt have gone on general sale til Monday. Better tehy sell out in town on a saturday- all season ticket holders could have gone in and got their tickets or booked on credit card.

Dodge
23/07/2006, 8:36 PM
No, its arip off that "normal" season ticket holders are being blackmailed into buying the "european" ticket. IMO there's no escuse for, at the very least, not guarenteeing season ticket holders big game tickets.

micls
23/07/2006, 8:40 PM
No, its arip off that "normal" season ticket holders are being blackmailed into buying the "european" ticket. IMO there's no escuse for, at the very least, not guarenteeing season ticket holders big game tickets.

for the Derry game last year, and the Cup finals the first day of sale was just for seaosn ticket holders. With time constraints this time though it wasnt possible. Season ticket holders could easily get tickets and most did.

I dont see how it is a rip off. There are varying levels of season tickets(some involving tea and biscuits at half time :D ). It gives people a choice as to how much they wanna pay and what games they want to guarantee tickets for. Nothings stopping anyone buying the season ticket to include all games but some people prefer to go for the cheaper option and i dont see wy they shouldnt have this choice

Risteard
23/07/2006, 9:19 PM
Different packages.
They knew the story when they were buying them.

Dodge
23/07/2006, 9:54 PM
OUt of interest what wa the difference in price and do the european fans still have to pay for the european tickets separately? If not would they have got any money back if Cork didn't reach the 2nd prelim

micls
23/07/2006, 9:58 PM
OUt of interest what wa the difference in price and do the european fans still have to pay for the european tickets separately? If not would they have got any money back if Cork didn't reach the 2nd prelim

All info here http://www.corkcityfc.ie/downloads/2006seasonticket.pdf

3 types and dont think they would get money back.

pete
24/07/2006, 11:07 AM
I think ye Pats fans would love to be agruing about full stadium & Champions League games.

:D

wws
24/07/2006, 12:07 PM
our stadiums bigger than yours according to playstation

5,500 official capacity of Turners Cross

8,500 Richmond Park (With plans already afoot to dig down in to the undersoil to create Irelands first 19,995 seater stadium)

Dodge
24/07/2006, 12:57 PM
I think ye Pats fans would love to be agruing about full stadium & Champions League games.

:D
We've sold out both home Champions league ties...

Still think you're being messed about by your club too

pete
24/07/2006, 2:22 PM
our stadiums bigger than yours according to playstation

8,500 Richmond Park (With plans already afoot to dig down in to the undersoil to create Irelands first 19,995 seater stadium)

Good luck with that. Will will have 20,500 when new 15,000 seat shed stand build!

micls
24/07/2006, 2:35 PM
We've sold out both home Champions league ties...

Still think you're being messed about by your club too
By beign given options and choices :confused:

If all season tickets included all games all tickets would be 500euro. Not everyone can afford this so there are cheaper packages to facilitate this....dont see a problem

Dodge
24/07/2006, 3:09 PM
Fine, I'm just saying if it was my club I'd have a huge problem if I was a season ticket holder and I wasn't guarenteed a ticket to a european game. Oh and the proce for the "silver" package is too expensive IMO. You obviously don't so why does my opinion matter to you

micls
24/07/2006, 3:18 PM
Fine, I'm just saying if it was my club I'd have a huge problem if I was a season ticket holder and I wasn't guarenteed a ticket to a european game. Oh and the proce for the "silver" package is too expensive IMO. You obviously don't so why does my opinion matter to you

Becuas ethis is a discussion forum...is that not the point??

Silver? which one do you mean?the diamond?

The three tickets are gold, diamond and platinum. Both diamond and platinum include these european qualifiers...only the gold one doesnt.

Dodge
24/07/2006, 3:24 PM
Damond, sorry my fault

micls
24/07/2006, 3:32 PM
Damond, sorry my fault

Fair enough...price is a different thing. Its a bit of an increase alright just for Euro and league cup games, and a reserved seat.

I think it still works out a bit cheaper than paying in to every game though(but not much)....obviously depends how far we go in qualifiers too

Poor Student
24/07/2006, 9:51 PM
I will still call them Red Star as can't pronounce the other name & means nothing to anyone outside Serbia.

Pete, that's pretty ignorant of you to be honest. It means plenty to many people outside Serbia including myself. The unaccented 'C' in Serbian is pronounced like a "ts" as in "tsar". So it's read like "Tsurvena Zvezda" roughly.

A face
24/07/2006, 10:01 PM
Pete, that's pretty ignorant of you to be honest. It means plenty to many people outside Serbia including myself. The unaccented 'C' in Serbian is pronounced like a "ts" as in "tsar". So it's read like "Tsurvena Zvezda" roughly.

Maybe Pete has a problem with consonants? :p

Closed Account 2
24/07/2006, 10:42 PM
Their main fans are called the Delije Sever, which means the Heros of the North (North Tribune). They play in the Marakana, or more formally the Crvena Zvezda Stadium. Last season they went out in the qualifiers to PSV Eindhofen. Their big rivals are Partizan, who did ok in the Champions League 2003-4 (in a group with Marseille, Porto and Real Madrid), the only other Serbian team to go into the Champions League recently was Obilic Belgrade (who were beaten by Bayern in the Qualifers 7 or 8 years ago). They were named after a Serbian Folk Hero, but have now faded away and dont look like winning anything.

Poor Student
24/07/2006, 10:45 PM
the only other Serbian team to go into the Champions League recently was Obilic Belgrade (who were beaten by Bayern in the Qualifers 7 or 8 years ago). They were named after a Serbian Folk Hero, but have now faded away and dont look like winning anything.

There's a rather interesting reason for all of that.;)

A Face, if that's the case, I don't think he'd care much for Dado Prso.:p

Closed Account 2
25/07/2006, 7:56 AM
Yes it was owned by Mr Raznatovic, is it still owned by Ceca ?

Closed Account 2
25/07/2006, 11:14 AM
Seeing as tickets are gold dust, anyone know of a bar in the London area which might show it ??? Or does anyone know is it on Sat. TV ??

pete
25/07/2006, 2:17 PM
Pete, that's pretty ignorant of you to be honest.

I don't see how it is ignorant. If i use the serbian name no one knows who i am talking about. Every football fan knows Red Star.

I have since learnt that Red Star is the english translation of the clubs name & up to recent times was the preferred name when used in communications with Uefa. Now apparently they use the Serbian spelling in all official communication.