PDA

View Full Version : BB waiting list

theleprechaun
21/07/2006, 9:26 PM
hi i have always been a massive fan of the republic and have always wanted tickets but i have never been able to get any expect for a few friendlies. however recently i found out about the block booking scheme and i have placed my name on the list. i am about 2050th on the list. i wonder if anyone could give me some idea of how long i will be waiting.

tetsujin1979
22/07/2006, 12:35 AM
I joined it about 3 years ago and have been offered tickets for all the recent friendlies. I think I'm somewhere in the 500's now

nshoop
22/07/2006, 1:36 AM
We've a huge group of about ten-15,you always have a ticket for the big matches but you're stuck paying 30euro for a rubbish friendy or trying to sell it on

Bomb Landsdowne
22/07/2006, 10:42 AM
Im 3000 and something on the list. Surely when we start playing our games in Croker people on the waiting list will get to become block bookers. Anyone agree??

$Leon$
22/07/2006, 1:19 PM
Im 3000 and something on the list. Surely when we start playing our games in Croker people on the waiting list will get to become block bookers. Anyone agree??

With the increased capacity in Croker everyone on the BB list should be offered tickets. I can actually see Croker not being full to capacity even for some compeditive matches against the likes of San Marino and Slovakia.

murtybyrne
22/07/2006, 2:05 PM
Lads I joined the waiting list about 2 and half years ago, am about 8 hundred and something on the list, also get tickets for the friendlies

Fingers Crossed that when we hit croker will get tickets for the competitive games!!!

gspain
22/07/2006, 7:49 PM
With the increased capacity in Croker everyone on the BB list should be offered tickets. I can actually see Croker not being full to capacity even for some compeditive matches against the likes of San Marino and Slovakia.

I would imagine that everyone on the Waiting List would be offered tickets for Croke Park. They may close the waiting list though if they haven't done so already. If not then it is a total no brainer for anyone not o nth elist to get themselves on it asap. You won't even have to buy any friendlies to stay on it.

I think there will be little trouble selling out Croke Park for the 4 home games (San Marino will be at Lansdowne) as a block booking. The only issue may e the away fans allocation for Slovakia and Cyprus. If we are in contention they will sell out of course but if we have a bad campaign they may be left unsold. Wales will definitely take their allocation and I imagine Germany will take most of theirs if not all.

$Leon$
22/07/2006, 8:42 PM
(San Marino will be at Lansdowne)

Forgot that was in Lansdowne. Wales will probably be the biggest crowd, i'm sure alot of welsh will travel. Germans should also fill the place but it'll also be the biggest draw with the Irish as well.

joema
22/07/2006, 9:19 PM
Seeing as the San Marino game is in Lansdown will it be cheaper than the games in Croker, i wonfer?

gspain
22/07/2006, 9:34 PM
Forgot that was in Lansdowne. Wales will probably be the biggest crowd, i'm sure alot of welsh will travel. Germans should also fill the place but it'll also be the biggest draw with the Irish as well.

Wales will sellout their allocation no problem. They would sell a lot more too if they could get them.

I think you are way underestimating the interest in our national football team. If we are still in contention then these games could sellout a few times over. We've sold out friendlies v Chile and Sweden already with almost 45,000 at each game. These are competitive games we're talking about so unless things go badly wrong they will sellout and tickets will be scarce too.

RogerMilla
24/07/2006, 9:36 AM
i took the advice of the posters here and put myself on the list, i havent received my number yet but i am deffo behind bomb landsdowne, if the first 3000 get in we will be gutted!!

Kempes1-0
25/07/2006, 3:46 PM
Joined at start of year and was about 1600 or so. Surely those on the waiting list will be offered Croker tickets, and if you take up your allocation, I'm assuming you'll be on the BB list proper by the time the new landsdowne is open. Thats my angle anyway!

RogerMilla
26/07/2006, 9:53 AM
lets hope so kempes

Louth4sam
24/08/2006, 5:38 PM
Just got my letter today and im 3759. Id be confident of getting tickets for croker but maybe not the new lansdowne. Like its only an extra 10,000 seats and if people are looking for 4 tickets each id have no chance

SUB of the day
24/08/2006, 6:09 PM
Even when the new stadium is open, I'm sure all big games will revert to Croker.The GAA will become quite fond of millions from football and rugby.

Schumi
25/08/2006, 12:09 PM
Just got my letter today and im 3759. Id be confident of getting tickets for croker but maybe not the new lansdowne. Like its only an extra 10,000 seats and if people are looking for 4 tickets each id have no chanceI think it's an extra 15,000 seats. The capacity with bucket seats is ~35,000 afaik and the new stadium will be 50,000.

I'd assume that if you are being offered tickets for friendlies with a standing capacity of about 45,000 (including a lot of tickets on general sale), you'll be offered tickets for the new stadium with a 50,000 capacity.

beautifulrock
25/08/2006, 3:44 PM
Just got my letter today

Louth, did you ask for that or did the FAI send it to you unrequested?

slondonirish
04/09/2006, 6:38 PM
hello fellas sent a email off to the fai asking to be put on the bb waiting list got letter about a month after saying im number 2000+ and they will contact me for tickets.i then emailed asking if i will be offered tickets when they move to croke park i received these emails in reply hope these help answer your questions
Thomas

When we move to Croke Park in 2007 there will be an increased capacity and we will be looking to add people from our waiting list to the Block Booking temporarly. This is because when we move back to Lansdowne Road the capacity will decrease back down to 50000 and we will not have enough tickets. All Waiting List members will be informed by mail when they are been allocated tickets. This will happen early next year.

Regards
Ticket Office

and this one im alucky boy they replyed twice

Thomas

We have no information about the Croke Park matches as of yet. However we will be looking at our waiting list for these matches before they go on general sale to the public. Please get in contact closer to our move to Croke Park.

Regards
Ticket Office