PDA

View Full Version : Info about John Paul Kelly (Joxer)

The_Runner
21/07/2006, 6:48 PM
Hi all!

I hope it's ok to post this question here, as it seems that the subforum for the Bohemians isn't very well visited.

Recently rumours has it that Norwegian fotballklubb, Lillestrøm (or LSK for short), has started talks with Bohemian player John Paul "Joxer" Kelly. I know that he has been in the youth squad at Liverpool and is an U-19 and U-21 player for Ireland. But is there anything else you could tell me about his strenghts and weaknesses and if there are some websites that could provide me with some stats (if you can't).

Also I'm wondering on what level wages a player like Joxer can expect in Bohemians (compared to what he can get in LSK).

And are there any new rumours about his move to LSK?

Best Regards

Ronnie "The Runner"

Dodge
21/07/2006, 6:56 PM
http://gypsiesweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general

Ronnie, try contacting Bohs fans at the above address. YOu'll definitely get answers there.

The_Runner
21/07/2006, 7:01 PM
http://gypsiesweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general

Ronnie, try contacting Bohs fans at the above address. YOu'll definitely get answers there.

Thanks a lot. I've been looking for a forum for the supporters of Bohemian. I'll try there.

Cheers

Ronnie "The Runner"

green-blood
21/07/2006, 8:11 PM
keep him out of the pub and well away from that **** O'brien at Bolton, he's a lot of skill but his brain seems to have stopped growing when he wa 13

Dodge
21/07/2006, 9:29 PM
Joxer is the most gifted player in the country and I hope that he stays with Bohs though I am not hopefull.
HE's nowhere near as gisted as O'Callaghan, Molloy, Ndo or about 8-10 others.

sonofstan
21/07/2006, 9:33 PM
Yeah, he's useless mate; take O' Callaghan, or Trevor Molloy or someone else; we'll look after Joxer

CharlesThompson
21/07/2006, 9:52 PM
Seriously Ronnie, if you're going for Bohs players you should really be looking at Stephen Rice or Dessie Byrne. Both quick fullbacks who can attack down either flank and score from set pieces. Byrne has Premiership experience and is looking for a move to a more illustrious club (like Lillestrom). Rice has come up through the ranks (I think he may have spent some time as a trainee over in the UK) and is a star performer.

The_Runner
22/07/2006, 6:38 AM
Seriously Ronnie, if you're going for Bohs players you should really be looking at Stephen Rice or Dessie Byrne.

He, he, I'll pass the info to our manager, Fjørtoft.

I'm somewhat surprised that we are scouting for players in Irish football. Though we have, and always have had, our share of foreign players, I can't remember anyone from Ireland. We had a crazy Scot once, but he came from Swedish football.

I know that we are looking for an attacking midfielder to replace soon to be sold Slovenian international Robert Koren, but I recon Joxer might not be up to that task right away. He’s a bit young and inexperienced and is most likely a player for the future.

I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I must say it's a bit exciting.

Ronnie "The Runner"

hoopy
22/07/2006, 7:49 AM
I'm somewhat surprised that we are scouting for players in Irish football.

Yeah, you're league is light years ahead :rolleyes:

The_Runner
22/07/2006, 8:15 AM
Yeah, you're league is light years ahead :rolleyes:

Didn't mean it that way.

Surprised because I can't remember any transfers between an Irish and a Norwegian club.

I'm not bashing your league.

Cheers

Ronnie "The Runner"

ifk101
22/07/2006, 8:27 AM
Didn't mean it that way.

Surprised because I can't remember any transfers between an Irish and a Norwegian club.

I'm not bashing your league.

Cheers

Ronnie "The Runner"

Eamonn Zayed was on loan with Ålesund last year for a few matches - he came from Bray Wanderers - and I think it's fair to say he didn't do well there. Other than that I don't thing there have been any other transfers between Irish and Norwegian clubs. Djurgården tried to sign Jason Byrne from Shelbourne earlier this year so you could say that Scandinavian clubs are looking at our league for players.

As for "Joxer" - I really can't see him enjoying Lillestrøm if he moves to ye. It's very hard to find an off-licence in Norway and when you do the prices are extreme.

Dodge
22/07/2006, 8:52 AM
Pats signed a Norwegian Last year Glen Atle Larson. He's moved on since he mad eno impression at all

BohDiddley
22/07/2006, 11:03 AM
For Irish eyes: I have a high opinion of O'Callaghan (er, as a player), but Joxer made a complete fool of George in their last meeting. Cue prolonged absence of GO'C from Cork line-up. Get the gist? :p
For Norwegian eyes: Joxer's useless. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

A face
22/07/2006, 12:29 PM
For Irish eyes: I have a high opinion of O'Callaghan (er, as a player), but Joxer made a complete fool of George in their last meeting. Cue prolonged absence of GO'C from Cork line-up. Get the gist? :p

That absence in Georgies fault .... it has nothing to do with Joxer, maybe he made a meal of the foul but that is not what is keeping Georgie out of the team at the moment.

Roverstillidie
22/07/2006, 12:36 PM
Joxer is the most gifted player in the country and I hope that he stays with Bohs though I am not hopefull.

:D :D :D

POTFM

The_Runner
22/07/2006, 6:34 PM
It's very hard to find an off-licence in Norway and when you do the prices are extreme.

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is an off-licence?

Best Regards

Ronnie "The Runner"

sligoman
22/07/2006, 6:35 PM
I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is an off-licence?A place that sells alcohol;).

The_Runner
22/07/2006, 6:43 PM
A place that sells alcohol;).

Ahhh, OK.

You're right, beer, wine and spirits are very expensive here, but then again we are stinking rich from all our oil;)

Our thirsty Aussies seems to like it here. Maybe because lots of supporters are buying for them when they go out:p

BohDiddley
22/07/2006, 6:48 PM
Runner, can you give me a link to the LSK forum, so I can go on there and warn your great club not to take any interest in this immature, unreliable player?
BTW, I hear his Norwegian is terrible...

The_Runner
22/07/2006, 9:53 PM
Runner, can you give me a link to the LSK forum, so I can go on there and warn your great club not to take any interest in this immature, unreliable player?

It's www.kanari-fansen.no/forum.

And as for his Norwegian, it's no problem. There are elleven foreign players in the squad and do not forget our coach, Uwe Rösler, who is german. So English is the preferred language.

Cheers

Ronnie "The Runner"

De Town
22/07/2006, 9:58 PM
Sure he barely speak Engish FFS.

BohsFans
22/07/2006, 10:08 PM

Why do you know him?

What's with the stupid offo jokes? If someone saw him drinking, he's hardly the first full time pro to have a drink, is he??

alabama rover
22/07/2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah, he's useless mate; take O' Callaghan, or Trevor Molloy or someone else; we'll look after Joxer

Nowhere near as good as Purcell with Shamrock Rovers! Purcell Rocks and You guys rwally need him.... and i'm sure you could get Purcell for a steal!

KOH:) ;)

De Town
22/07/2006, 10:18 PM
Why do you know him?
No I don't, but heard him interviewed after the Pat's game last week.

And anyway, it was only a joke, chill out man, didn't mean to cause offence.

ConorE
23/07/2006, 10:30 AM

Joxer is probably the most gifted player I have ever seen playing for Bohs. He is quick, strong, clever and creative. A different class of player to most others in the league IMO including O'Callaghan who has proven to me that he doesn't have the ability to make the step up in European competition, he was lost against Slavia last year and I suspect he is a little light weight. Top players are animals in terms of core strenght, it's a basic requirement that is often overlooked by people watching EL. Comparing the likes of Ndo to him is silly.

BohDiddley
23/07/2006, 12:00 PM
He speaks pure Dub, which as everyone knows is the evolutionary peak of the language. (UCD PA man please copy :p ).

Stevo Da Gull
23/07/2006, 12:08 PM
Good player, very dangerous going forward.IMO flaws are his temper/petulance and he has a tendancy to go to ground a bit easily, but obviously Bohs fans would see him play more often so they'd know if these are regular features to his game.

Réiteoir
23/07/2006, 12:15 PM
Byrne would be more suited to playing for a bunch of Farmers

Joxer wouldn't really fit in to the Tippeligaen ethos of play

4tothefloor
24/07/2006, 12:16 AM
What's with the stupid offo jokes? If someone saw him drinking, he's hardly the first full time pro to have a drink, is he??
Well he threw away a potential career at Anfield because he was homesick. Homesick because he missed his friends in Dublin, felt he was missing out, the knacker drinking and all that lark. Liverpool wanted to keep him, but he went home instead. Silly boy :rolleyes: . Some would give their right arm for that chance, so I haven't much pity for "Joxer" when people are slagging him with those kind of jokes.

The question is, even if Lillestrøm made a bid for him, has he grown up sufficiently to be able to make the move? Would he get homesick again?

BohsFans
24/07/2006, 1:29 AM
Well he threw away a potential career at Anfield because he was homesick. Homesick because he missed his friends in Dublin, felt he was missing out, the knacker drinking and all that lark. Liverpool wanted to keep him, but he went home instead. Silly boy :rolleyes: . Some would give their right arm for that chance, so I haven't much pity for "Joxer" when people are slagging him with those kind of jokes.

The question is, even if Lillestrøm made a bid for him, has he grown up sufficiently to be able to make the move? Would he get homesick again?

So what makes you think he was knacker drinking?

Dodge
24/07/2006, 1:56 AM
Not going to speak for 4tothefloor but he was drinking cans on a Thursday night in Brickfields last year beside the Pats supporters team who were having a kickabout. Not judging him for it but he was doing it

BohsFans
24/07/2006, 2:19 AM
Not going to speak for 4tothefloor but he was drinking cans on a Thursday night in Brickfields last year beside the Pats supporters team who were having a kickabout. Not judging him for it but he was doing it

That's fair enough, not judging him.

I'd say to others, have you ever seen full time players from your team drinking during the season?
I'm sure you have. I could name a few players from other teams too.

Why is Joxer singled out for stick? because he was underage?

Very petty!!

BohDiddley
24/07/2006, 8:37 AM
This seems to be turning into a theme. Why is this board tolerating character assassination of an individual player? I hadn't noticed this devotion to temperance before.

thegit
24/07/2006, 8:48 AM
If Joxer was homesick and had to come home from Liverpool, then why has he been on a s*** load of trials since his return ? I dont think it was homesick that brought him home. To me it just doesn't add up, from interviews in the paper he seems desperate to get back over.

Raheny Red
24/07/2006, 11:05 AM
If Joxer was homesick and had to come home from Liverpool, then why has he been on a s*** load of trials since his return ? I dont think it was homesick that brought him home. To me it just doesn't add up, from interviews in the paper he seems desperate to get back over.

He was being bullied afaik :rolleyes:

Tenderloins
24/07/2006, 12:33 PM
Aside from Zayed playing in Norway , former Arsenal and Shamrock Rovers full back John Devine played for Kristiansand for a season or two in the 80s.]
As for signing Kelly, take Kevin Hunt along too.

4tothefloor
28/07/2006, 1:15 AM
There was a great article in the Sunday Independent (I think) about Joxer in the immedaite aftermath of him returning home from Liverpool. It went into great detail about his reasons for returning and it was mostly homesickness for his friends and this included the knacker drinking. There was also an article on Liverpoolfc.tv about it, again homesickness was sighted. He was doing brilliantly at Liverpool and the club certainly didn't want to lose him. I've read these articles because I'm a Liverpool fan and was following Joxers progress up to his exit.

BTW, this was way before he even joined Bohs, so Bohs fans shouldn't be getting offended.....

dfx-
28/07/2006, 2:04 AM
You guys rwally need him.... and i'm sure you could get Purcell for a steal!

And you'd get Pat Scully into the bargain because where Purcell goes/what Purcell does, Scully will pick him - be it Norway or be it Tolka..:)