PDA

View Full Version : Mons back in the Cup?

Rory H
20/07/2006, 3:08 PM
with dc folding there is a chance......

Magicme
21/07/2006, 10:50 AM
with dc folding there is a chance......

That was the first thing that entered my head after the initial "ach thats terrible" reaction.

I text our vice chairman and he is lookin into it I think.

joeSoap
21/07/2006, 11:08 AM
Don't see how ye can be , or should be really. DCFC beat ye fair and square and then went out of business. They didn't cheat to beat ye, and ye would have no grounds for objection in normal circumstances.

If what you're saying is true, then any club who has dropped points thus far in the premier to DCFC has the right to claim them back. Not going to happen I'm afraid.

Killester will receive a walk-over....well, thats what should happen, but this is the FAI......:eek:

Nice try though......;) :)

soccerc
21/07/2006, 11:16 AM
Don't see how ye can be , or should be really. DCFC beat ye fair and square and then went out of business. They didn't cheat to beat ye, and ye would have no grounds for objection in normal circumstances.

If what you're saying is true, then any club who has dropped points thus far in the premier to DCFC has the right to claim them back. Not going to happen I'm afraid.

Killester will receive a walk-over....well, thats what should happen, but this is the FAI......:eek:

Nice try though......;) :)

DCFC's league record has been expunged, all games involving them "never" happened, thus the new league tableso I can see the logic in Monaghan getting back into the Cup

monutdfc
21/07/2006, 11:45 AM
They didn't cheat to beat ye,
In a sense they did - they beat us using players who they plainly could not afford.
Exagerrating to make a point, if we got Zidane and Ronaldinho for the game, beat them 10-0 and then went bust the next week, wouldn't they have a case to get back in?

That was why Fiorentina were releagted to Serie C when they went bust, or Swindon were relegated for financial irregularities.

Duffman
21/07/2006, 11:50 AM
I can see the logic in it for Monaghan. If Drogheda can go top by virtue of getting 2 points back then it would be fair to have Mons play Killester IMO.

Magicme
21/07/2006, 12:54 PM
I know they didnt cheat us but we game them a good run for their money....draw in Dublin and into extra time in the replay. We were gutted to go out but the money Keely & his mate spent at the bar that nite eased the pain!

Its only right if City's games are all discounted then we didnt play them twice in the cup so deserve to meet Killester. My only fear is that as is usually the case, we will be dumped out of the cup by an non eL team!

Dodge
21/07/2006, 1:06 PM
Can't see how Monaghan wouldn't be allowed back in. F***ing disgrace if they're not actually

monutdfc
21/07/2006, 1:13 PM
My only fear is that as is usually the case, we will be dumped out of the cup by an non eL team!
you and me both magicme!

sligoman
21/07/2006, 1:19 PM
I don't see how Monaghan should be allowed back. They weren't good enough to beat Dublin City so why do they deserve a place? Killester to receive a bye into the next round;).

Magicme
21/07/2006, 1:30 PM
Sligoman....feck off!

Schumi
21/07/2006, 2:56 PM
But exactly that has happened. Well teams who did get points off them have lost them which has the same effect. The logical extension of expunging their league results is to do the same to their cup result and let Monaghan back in.

sligoman
21/07/2006, 6:48 PM
If that's the case then surely Kildare County should be brought back into the league cup so?:rolleyes:.

GalwayFrancis
21/07/2006, 7:23 PM
If that's the case then surely Kildare County should be brought back into the league cup so?:rolleyes:.

ya they shud - same logic shud be used in all cases with dcfc

Magicme
21/07/2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks Viking....I feel your pain btw.

sligoman
22/07/2006, 12:21 AM
since the next round of cup is not till end of next month, i think that monaghan should play killester in next round. our games were nil and void in the league so should our cup gamesand Kildare?

sligoman
22/07/2006, 8:29 PM
regarding kildare, the league cup is to far forward to change anything. how do you think they should work it?They should leave it, just like they should leave the FAI cup too! What's done is done, Dublin City were still an actual team when they knocked Monaghan out so it should be left as it is and Killester receive a bye in my opinion.

De Town
22/07/2006, 11:03 PM
Monaghan should be brought back in IMO. Think some of the fans saying a bye for Killester are just hoping for their team to draw them in the next round should they get through!

Magicme
22/07/2006, 11:47 PM
Monaghan should be brought back in IMO. Think some of the fans saying a bye for Killester are just hoping for their team to draw them in the next round should they get through!

Yeah that must be it alright coz they must be ****tin themselves that the giant slayers of Monaghan will get them! :rolleyes: I see where u r coming from those who say Monaghan shouldnt be reinstated but if they are going to apply the "Dublin City didnt exist" in the league policy it should be across the board where possible. Fair is fair and with our record Killester will prob knock us out and have the added bonus of saying that they put us out on their way thro the cup.

monutdfc
23/07/2006, 11:18 AM
if i lived near monaghan i would deffo follow them now
Hey Viking, with the Castleblaney by-pass near completion, Monaghan will be not much more than an hour from the M50/M1 junction next year...

monutdfc
24/07/2006, 7:45 PM
Killester United have been awarded the tie and a place in the QF.
Ah well

Magicme
25/07/2006, 9:58 AM
Another dream fades and dies....

sligoman
26/07/2006, 1:44 PM
Good decision!