PDA

View Full Version : Wes Charles

BrayUnknowns
20/07/2006, 11:49 AM
See in the BP that Galway United have made a bid to sign the big man ! they were given premission to talk to him but Wes turned it down.

The Stars
20/07/2006, 11:55 AM
What are Galway thinking...Bray should get rid of him while they can.

BrayUnknowns
20/07/2006, 12:04 PM
What are Galway thinking...Bray should get rid of him while they can.

Up and down season for him so far, like gets sent off against Drogheda and then plays a blinder against Sligo, he had Mansarman (spelling ?) in his pocket for most of the match, played really well. At the end of the day we have no one to replace him so it would be a bad move by the club to let him go without havnig a replacement at the club already. Major factor is that he does not want to move out of Bray, he has made a lot of good friends in the area and is a seriously popular figure in the town.

BrayUnknowns
20/07/2006, 12:13 PM
Two Things really he played well until we stopped hoofing the ball up front and he was looking more after judge than flash. Also i say very popular with the ladies

Oh he's a ladies man alright :D ;)

superfrank
20/07/2006, 6:13 PM
Also he has two cousins living in the town.

sligoman
20/07/2006, 6:14 PM
What are Galway thinking...Bray should get rid of him while they can.He was very good against us, as wild rover put it "Mansaram was his bitch for most of the match":D.

btw, superfrank, sign into Bebo;).

gustavo
20/07/2006, 6:18 PM
Rovers legend no doubt about it:) Finest centre back ive seen play for us

The Stars
20/07/2006, 6:30 PM
Lads he was good for us most of the time I say him but he is one of teh worst defenders in the league...well except for that Longford waster,cant remember his name.
Would actually like to see him at Galway,add to the Sligo B team they are building down there.

BrayUnknowns
21/07/2006, 8:56 AM
Lads he was good for us most of the time I say him but he is one of teh worst defenders in the league...well except for that Longford waster,cant remember his name.
Would actually like to see him at Galway,add to the Sligo B team they are building down there.

Your a noice at this "soccer" lark thingy i take it ? :rolleyes:

When was the last time you saw Wes play before Tuesday night ?

Grey Boy
23/07/2006, 5:07 PM
Can't believe Bray would do something as stupid as sell Wes. Having said that he's been extremely inconsistant since he returned from Russia.

Paddyfield
23/07/2006, 9:48 PM

What do you mean The Stars?

Conor H
23/07/2006, 9:51 PM
Cretaro and Foley.....possibly their two best players last season.
Alan Murphy....one of the best strikers in ireland.
Alan Gough......A quality keeper!

He doesn't know what he's on about Paddyfield.

JW.
24/07/2006, 8:17 AM
It is clear, of course, that Sligo were falling over themselves to get rid of Raf Cretaro.

BrayUnknowns
24/07/2006, 9:55 AM
Can't believe Bray would do something as stupid as sell Wes. Having said that he's been extremely inconsistant since he returned from Russia.

Agreed, BUT his got a couple of bad injuries over there from what i've heard and just has'nt been fully able to shake them off, his still picknig up niggling injuries at the moment as well. Hopefully he can get fully fit soon and get back to being one of the best defenders in the league.

Terry
24/07/2006, 12:55 PM
I have just been told that it was just announced on Galway Bay FM that he has signed for Galway United.

gufct
24/07/2006, 1:17 PM
the first but not the last before the window closes.

The Stars
24/07/2006, 1:41 PM
It is clear, of course, that Sligo were falling over themselves to get rid of Raf Cretaro.
if it was up to me Raf would still be with us but Sean didnt think he needed him that badly.

As For Sligo B team,this is no disrespect to those players but:
David O'Dowd,Derek O'Brien,Foley,O'Donnell,Raf,Moran,

Rory H
24/07/2006, 1:57 PM
wes charles was great last tuesday and was only beaten by flash once in the whole game[and he paid for it]....its a great signing for galway....

gufct
24/07/2006, 2:00 PM
only left galway by accident!!!!!!!!!!It closes next monday probably at 5pm knowing the league.

The Stars
24/07/2006, 2:04 PM
Your a noice at this "soccer" lark thingy i take it ? :rolleyes:

When was the last time you saw Wes play before Tuesday night ?
noice?dont know what that is so cant say:rolleyes:
No didnt see him play the other night actually,but heard he played well.
saw him making a lot of mistakes this season though.
ah well,he is off yer hands now.

Bray Head
24/07/2006, 3:35 PM
We need centre halfs and should not be giving away one of our better players. He went on a free transfer according to Galway's web site. Wes was sent off twice this season but has also scored for us. We need to buy a replacement urgently before the transfer window closes next Monday.

BrayUnknowns
25/07/2006, 9:05 AM
McGuirk obviousl;y has a player lined up because even he is'nt that silly enough to let Charles go and think players like Roche can replace him

Grey Boy
25/07/2006, 6:51 PM
I hope you're right. Not convinced by Brian 'bambi on ice' McGovern or Mick Roche. We're already leaking too many goals

Eoingull
26/07/2006, 11:14 PM
It's sad to see Wes go. I think he's the closest we've had to a football "celebrity" around the town...everyone knew him and seemed to like him. I'd be suprised if it was his decision to leave the club.

pdebruin
26/07/2006, 11:43 PM
....I'm very sad to see Wes go, he had his ups and downs, but i remember him seeming to win player of the month all the time!!

Best Wes memory, was the Derry City game when we were 3-0 down at half time......we got it back to 3-3 and in injury time he got the ball on the edge of his own box, ran the length of the pitch , beating everyone, he got clear though on the Derry goal, but you could see he was knackered!!...he fell arse over tit and dribbled the ball into the keepers hands....what a moment though! he was a legend as far as i'm concerned.

Eoingull
27/07/2006, 12:03 AM
My favourite Wes memory was the entire 90 minutes against Pat's in the first game of the 2005 season...he was immense...I almost didn't recognise him from the player we had seen over the previous two years in the First Division. Most of my other Wes memories are of him standing on top of the ball and slipping just before the opposition pop up to score! Of course, I'm being facetious by saying this!

pdebruin
27/07/2006, 12:10 AM
...it was nice to see someone that had the confidence to hit a pass across the pitch and to actually see it land at the intended target's feet was even better...also nice to see a defender that could carry the ball out of defence and look to use it intelligently....come back Wes.

Stevo Da Gull
27/07/2006, 12:14 AM
I'm baffled with Bray just letting Wes go. Good luck to Wes ;) (you flippin legend), I'm sure he'll be a big hit in Galway.:(