PDA

View Full Version : Where to now for O'Leary ?

OwlsFan
20/07/2006, 10:04 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2006/07/20/sfnast20.xml

Just as well the Irish manager's job is not vacant. Never took to O'Leary as a manager. I think his ego seemed to get in the way of the job a lot of the time.

And of course the Daily Brit has him identified as an "Irishman" in the heading once it all goes pear shaped

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2006/07/20/sfnas220.xml

RogerMilla
20/07/2006, 10:52 AM
agreed owlsfan , the disdain he showed for the ireland hotseat when it was vacant is the mark of him, also this speaking in the third person nonsense, still he has 2M of deadly dougies cash to sit on as he plots his next move...
will have to take a lower division job to get himself back on track , if anyone offers him one...

Stuttgart88
20/07/2006, 12:38 PM
Agree too. Dave was my hero growing up. I can't stand him now. Nothing is ever his fault when anything goes wrong. I'm sure half of us would have managerial success if given millions to spend. The test of a good manager is if he can spend money wisely and maximise the output from the resources available. Not sure Dave's done either.

Would hate to see him get the Irish job. Give me Mick, Kerr or Stan anyday. Each appreciated the chance & was/is passionate about the position.

Dr. Ogba
20/07/2006, 12:55 PM
I'm sure he could pen a tell all expose telling what reallyhappened during his time at Villa..

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened...what a c.ock that man is...

tetsujin1979
20/07/2006, 3:39 PM
I'm sure he could pen a tell all expose telling what reallyhappened during his time at Villa..
Wouldn't be the first time he did that - Leeds on Trial anyone?

smellyfeet
20/07/2006, 3:59 PM
[QUOTE=
will have to take a lower division job to get himself back on track , if anyone offers him one...[/QUOTE]

Ya he hasn't done a good job for any of the bigger clubs he has managed, so if he was to get another job in management it probably would be a lower division team.AT THE END OF THE DAYhe did have so good players at Leeds but couldn't guide them to any silverware.

CraftyToePoke
20/07/2006, 4:27 PM
the mans a complete tosser, absolute wretch, couldnt be happier at his being exposed and dumped like this, he has had it coming for insulting the intelligence of anyone who has ever suffered his bluff and bull**** in interviews over the last years. he seems to credit no-one with a shread of intelligence other than himself.

osarusan
20/07/2006, 4:29 PM
Lads, why is everybody so hard on the guy?????????

The way I look at it.........

"He's a young lad, its all a great adventure, and we just have to wait to see where it all ends up. There's no pressure on the young lad, just go out and enjoy it, and lets hope things fo well for him"

If I hear him say words like these in an interview one more time..................

nshoop
20/07/2006, 4:43 PM
They're only young,they're only naive and at the end of the day,who's to say?

osarusan
20/07/2006, 4:50 PM
For these young lads every game is a new adventure, a new experience, a learning experience, I just hope it has a happy ending.

Red&White Rover
20/07/2006, 7:47 PM
Where to now for o'leary?

bank again?

geysir
21/07/2006, 11:24 AM
Where to now for o'leary?
The grave.

CollegeTillIDie
30/07/2006, 9:37 AM
the mans a complete tosser, absolute wretch, couldnt be happier at his being exposed and dumped like this, he has had it coming for insulting the intelligence of anyone who has ever suffered his bluff and bull**** in interviews over the last years. he seems to credit no-one with a shread of intelligence other than himself.

Well said. He went from being a hero ( World Cup 1990 penalty) to a zero.
I never forgave him for giving away those two goals against Poland back in 1991 when we were leading 3-1 which cost us EURO 1992.

He's shown similar poor judgement in his management career to that night in Poznan!

theworm2345
03/08/2006, 4:39 AM
Where to now for O'Leary ?
To hell if Cascarino has any say

Aldini98
03/08/2006, 8:05 AM
Well said. He went from being a hero ( World Cup 1990 penalty) to a zero.
I never forgave him for giving away those two goals against Poland back in 1991 when we were leading 3-1 which cost us EURO 1992.

He's shown similar poor judgement in his management career to that night in Poznan!

Now in fairness, "Palm it out" Packie Bonner had a lot to do with those 2 goals against Poland.

NeilMcD
03/08/2006, 9:54 AM
I think I am the only person on this forum who has a soft spot for O Leary. I think Brian Clough and myself may be the only people who believe he is a decent bloke and decent manager.

Rory H
03/08/2006, 10:06 AM
I think I am the only person on this forum who has a soft spot for O Leary. I think Brian Clough and myself may be the only people who believe he is a decent bloke and decent manager.

i was the only villa fan to have liked him......he isnt a decent bloke...he is sneaky and evil but i admired that.....its hard to win when its 35000 villa fans vs 1 person though....he has the ability to be a decent manager.....and he is a clever man.....just not clever enough

Dodge
03/08/2006, 10:43 AM
The grave.
First ever poetry reference on foot.ie? Kudos

NeilMcD
03/08/2006, 11:40 AM
i was the only villa fan to have liked him......he isnt a decent bloke...he is sneaky and evil but i admired that.....its hard to win when its 35000 villa fans vs 1 person though....he has the ability to be a decent manager.....and he is a clever man.....just not clever enough

Where is the sneaky and evil thing coming from. Just out of curiosity I have never seen that side to him but just wondering.

theworm2345
03/08/2006, 2:52 PM
I think I am the only person on this forum who has a soft spot for O Leary.
No, me too.
Like I said in the other thread, I have never even disliked someone who plays/played for Ireland

BrayUnknowns
03/08/2006, 3:37 PM
Waterford are looking for a manager :-)