PDA

View Full Version : Real sign Cannavaro and Emerson

gustavo
20/07/2006, 2:23 AM
Real Madrid have announced the signing of Italy World Cup-winning captain Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson from Juventus

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5169176.stm

Worth putting a few quid on for the Champions League I'd say

Dodge
20/07/2006, 2:25 AM
With a cracking manager now too. Stil we'll see if anotheer cracky Brazilian will help them

drinkfeckarse
20/07/2006, 7:37 AM
I thought it strange at first that it was on 2 year deals especially considering the amount of money they forked out but then I realised Juve should be back in Serie A by then and then both (well especially Cannavaro) can go back to a hero's welcome for free....

shakermaker1982
20/07/2006, 2:26 PM
throw in Ruud and they have some team. Should be there or there abouts in the CL.

drinkfeckarse
20/07/2006, 2:30 PM
Some team on paper, different story to gel together....

gustavo
20/07/2006, 2:33 PM
Well I'd say thats where Capello will come in , he wont take no crap. Although having said that his record in Europe over the last few years hasnt been too great

placid casual
20/07/2006, 2:58 PM
i'm, not so sure that these signings will make Real a champs winning team.
capello is a great manager and was treated badly by a previous Real board who forced him out.
cannavaro is 32 dont forget, not 23.
i may be wrong and i hope i am but the WC was his swansong.
the payoff to madrid for a few years is well deserved for the "pound-for-pound best defender in the world".
emerson is f**king finished.
I'm a longtime Roma fan and when he was sold to Juve most if not al the Roma fans i know were glad to be rid of him. he's a real favourite of Capello's so i guess its to be expected.

Real need to find a couple of full backs and a midefielder or 3.

van nistlerooy(sic) will bang in the goals in Primera lega.
assuming fergie lets him go for the money offered

gustavo
20/07/2006, 3:11 PM
Barcelona are supposed to have signed Thuram and Zambrotta!

gustavo
20/07/2006, 3:11 PM
Barcelona are supposed to have signed Thuram and Zambrotta!

Clifford
21/07/2006, 1:27 PM
Confirmed about Zam and Thuram to Barca apparently. Touche to the Real.

lim abroad
22/07/2006, 7:28 PM
I thought it strange at first that it was on 2 year deals especially considering the amount of money they forked out but then I realised Juve should be back in Serie A by then and then both (well especially Cannavaro) can go back to a hero's welcome for free....
juve will have a tough job to even stay in serie b next year,they have to win their first 10 games to even have no points and every team is gonna lift their game against them

drinkfeckarse
24/07/2006, 7:46 AM
I'd maybe expect to have the 30 point deficit reduced on appeal so they'll have a fighting chance if that happens.