PDA

View Full Version : R.i.p. D.c.f.c.

sligoman
19/07/2006, 11:30 PM
So, when does this forum close?:D.

The Stars
19/07/2006, 11:40 PM
was thinking the same thing......actually,it should stay up to remind us of the joke of a club that they were and a lesson for every team in the league of how to waste money.

CollegeTillIDie
19/07/2006, 11:42 PM
The Stars

Now they wouldn't be the only club guilty of wasting money would they?

The Stars
20/07/2006, 12:11 AM
no they wouldnt..but the only recent one to fold as a result

adamcarr
20/07/2006, 1:35 AM
Sorry for your loss lads, I dont know what Id do without CCFC. Remember to support your own and join a new Dublin eL club.

Pauro 76
20/07/2006, 9:07 AM
actually if you were a Dublin City supporter, who would you want to support? :confused:

Lionel Ritchie
20/07/2006, 9:49 AM
Sad to see a club go under.
:(

Block G Raptor
20/07/2006, 10:40 AM
Sad Day for the Fans. Great day for the league. If we can just weed out those other dublin clubs who have no stadium and/or fans or are living beyond there means or well if their from inchicore;) then us bohs fans would be really really happy:D

Maz
20/07/2006, 11:06 AM
I feel so sorry for Dublin City fans today. While they were small in amount, they do the same job as the rest of us, that is support their team and the league. They put as much into it as the rest of us.

Block G Raptor
20/07/2006, 11:18 AM
I feel so sorry for Dublin City fans today. While they were small in amount, they do the same job as the rest of us, that is support their team and the league. They put as much into it as the rest of us.
Seconded. I'd be gutted if boh's were taking away from me so suddenly

Drumcondra Red
20/07/2006, 12:20 PM
Weren't they associated with a schoolboy team? How does it affect them???

Rory H
20/07/2006, 1:22 PM
how much are you selling the drums you have for[not a wind up]

feo123
20/07/2006, 1:29 PM
GREAT!! only 5 points off the top now! thanks dermot....ur reypayin us now....and thanks dublin city....hard luck lads but.....cheerio, cheerio, cheerio!!!!

BrayUnknowns
20/07/2006, 4:03 PM

Best post of the day on the Dublin City topic, fair play to ya.

Some of the other stuff is just plain stupid - i.e the above post :confused: I suppose thats what you might expect froma supporter whos been out of the premier for so long.

Sniffer
20/07/2006, 4:16 PM

They were linked to St Pauls, Artane..a lot of their lads would train with the u21's...don't know what happens next though.

Maynard
20/07/2006, 4:33 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted a few kind word at what is a difficult time for anyone who followed the team over the last 6 years.:ball:

ccfcgirl
20/07/2006, 5:00 PM
Sorry lads .Most be heart breaking .Hopfuly this is not the future of more Eircom League clubs.

gustavo
20/07/2006, 7:12 PM
I'll second that:)

blobbyblob
20/07/2006, 9:29 PM
Kilkenny City cheated out of a Premier spot last season then

If last years 1st div table was adjusted as todays prem one was KCFC would be in the play off spot

Who knows - Sham Rovers may have stayed up

joema
20/07/2006, 10:13 PM
We were not cheated out of a place. Last year Dub City were in the first div and finished above us, simple as that. We deserved to finish 4th

Risteard
21/07/2006, 9:54 AM
actually if you were a Dublin City supporter, who would you want to support? :confused:
Cork City.

Alternatively, St.Pats or UCD if i went there.

Magicme
21/07/2006, 10:19 AM
I want to add my condolences. I was gutted when I heard. I totally agree with Maz. No matter what team u support u r part of the eircom league family and when a whole branch of the family is wiped out it is sad. Maynard, Viking and the other DC fans, gutted for ya.

sadloserkid
21/07/2006, 11:35 AM
My deepest symapthies. Worried about it happening to us at times and feel really bad anybody who followed Dublin City.

monutdfc
21/07/2006, 11:41 AM
Hard luck lads. Been to a few of your games this season,and though small in number you were among the best fans in the league.

Derek
21/07/2006, 12:56 PM

It wont affect them, they never really embraced the affilation. I set up the deal and I had a pain in my nuts trying to raise interest from St Pauls. Dublin offered coaching, half time kids games chances for kids to be ball boys, a page in the Dublin City programme to use however they wanted etc etc

The basics of it were if I didn't do anything with it then it would just sit there with no interest shown for St Pauls, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

bluemovie
21/07/2006, 2:23 PM
My heart goes out to all Dublin City's fans. You've been the butt of many jokes, but you had as much right to support your club as any of us have. I honestly don't know how low you can be feeling. Even though it's pure torture watching the Blues right now - going into every game expecting to lose, getting your hopes up, then having them dashed time and time again - I'm still just glad we have a club. We were very close to going bust 12 months ago so even though we are being humiliated now, it's still better than having no club at all. You must be unbelievably gutted. I know how bad relegation feels, but I couldn't begin to imagine waht it feels like to have your club taken away so quickly and cruelly. My commiserations to ye, but hold your heads up high.

Block G Raptor
21/07/2006, 2:24 PM
My heart goes out to all Dublin City's fans. You've been the butt of many jokes, but you had as much right to support your club as any of us have. I honestly don't know how low you can be feeling. Even though it's pure torture watching the Blues right now - going into every game expecting to lose, getting your hopes up, then having them dashed time and time again - I'm still just glad we have a club. We were very close to going bust 12 months ago so even though we are being humiliated now, it's still better than having no club at all. You must be unbelievably gutted. I know how bad relegation feels, but I couldn't begin to imagine waht it feels like to have your club taken away so quickly and cruelly. My commiserations to ye, but hold your heads up high.
Ditto from Me
Chin up lads

ramblers
21/07/2006, 4:44 PM
Its a very sad day for football fans all over as this brings it home how close a lot of clubs are to going to the wall.

Anto McC
21/07/2006, 5:05 PM
See my sig!

mypost
22/07/2006, 2:40 AM
My heart goes out to all Dublin City's fans. I couldn't begin to imagine waht it feels like to have your club taken away so quickly and cruelly. My commiserations to ye, but hold your heads up high.

Home Farm continue to participate in Junior Football. Only their LOI outlet has shut down.

Rebal Boy
25/07/2006, 8:37 PM
I think its lousy to see any club go out of football no matter how big or how small they are. I felt sorry for Dublin City to hear that news. I'd hate it to happen to another club. I hope it doesn't eatier. I wonder who will replace them?

Dave MacKay
27/07/2006, 5:18 PM
Just want to add my sympathy to all Dublin City fans. I live in Edinburgh and when I visit Dublin, usually stay in a guest house in Drumcondra, not far from Home Farms ground and developed a soft spot for the Dubs. I know only too well what it is like to lose a team - I was brought up in the Black Isle and supported Inverness Caley since I was a kid. Twelve years ago they merged with Inverness Thistle and this team is now in the premier league. However, I will never support them as for me Caley Thistle will always be the team that killed the club I loved.