PDA

View Full Version : Away game Vs Rovers (Aug 4th)

Conor H
19/07/2006, 5:08 PM
RE:Match v Rovers(away).#

This game is scheduled for the Friday of race week(Aug 4th).However i've heard a few rumours that the game may be changing to the Sunday.Anybody know?
For work reasons i'm eager to find out asap.I'd love if it was on Sunday......day trip to Dooblin!:)

So PD/Terry/GUFCT anyone know?

nshoop
19/07/2006, 5:29 PM
Still down for friday on rovers website

JC_GUFC
20/07/2006, 6:10 PM
Rovers should change the date to suit away fans - if your home fans are true fans they'll turn up anyway.

nshoop
20/07/2006, 10:32 PM
Rovers should change the date to suit away fans - if your home fans are true fans they'll turn up anyway.

What, why? What's so hard about travelling on a friday,we travel in huge numbers on fridays,didn't we play yous on a friday at terryland?

Patrick Dunne
21/07/2006, 12:36 PM
No point changing fixtures to accomodate 20-30 extra away fans.
I presume the game will be on the Friday as Shels are playing in Drogheda on
that evening.

scotsbeer
21/07/2006, 6:34 PM
What, why? What's so hard about travelling on a friday,we travel in huge numbers on fridays,didn't we play yous on a friday at terryland?
fridays are difficult for a lot of people to get to away games although there will be a crowd up from galway if it does go ahead on the friday. i know you lot have a good travelling support for any game but the game at terryland was on a bank holiday weekend (holiday monday) so i am sure that added to the away support and also the attraction of a weekend in galway as its been so long since we played each other. anyway if the match does get changed to the sunday there will be a few more than normal travelling from galway i think. there may be some g.a.a.y. nonsense going on at broke park and that will may make our train journey up either more enjoyable or a nightmare dependng on how late the train will be in getting back to galway.
anyway, the way the league is looking at the moment that game will be a big one for both teams. we will give it loads up on tolka anyway.
who else (galway lads and lassies) is planning on travelling?