PDA

View Full Version : Best of luck to Cork City

joeSoap
19/07/2006, 9:18 AM
Clean sheet and ye're through....go for it lads, and best of luck !!:ball:

dcfcsteve
19/07/2006, 10:01 AM
Best a' luck Cork. It won't be easy, but hang in there !!!

How many fans heading out for it ?

Speranza
19/07/2006, 10:35 AM
Best of luck to Cork. Would be amazing if the three clubs invovlved in Europe could progress to the next round.

nshoop
19/07/2006, 10:51 AM
There's a realistic chance of that happening,good luck to cork,derry and drogheda.Make the league proud!

Maz
19/07/2006, 11:10 AM
Best of luck to Cork, heres hoping it goes their way!

monkey magic
19/07/2006, 11:37 AM
best of luck cork, dont think anyone doubts there capable of it, its just how they handle the heat

nshoop
19/07/2006, 11:50 AM
its just how they handle the heat

9pm kick-off local time will help

LeixlipRed
19/07/2006, 12:13 PM
Good luck lads

sligoman
19/07/2006, 12:20 PM
See ye in the Showgrounds on Saturday Cork:).

Pauro 76
19/07/2006, 12:22 PM
yep same here best of luck City...

nshoop
19/07/2006, 12:24 PM
See ye in the Showgrounds on Saturday Cork:).

All the good will sent to sligo from everybody on your league position and you come out with good luck limasol,you should be ashamed,GOOD LUCK CORK!!!

sligoman
19/07/2006, 12:27 PM
All the good will sent to sligo from everybody on your league position and you come out with good luck limasol,you should be ashamed,GOOD LUCK CORK!!!I have my clubs interest in mind. I don't want our game postponed, neither does our manager!

Terry
19/07/2006, 12:33 PM
How many fans heading out for it ?

The entiree lot I would guess going by the lack of city supporters that have been here in the past 48 hours or so !!!:D Good Luck City, Do the league proud

EddieAnnand
19/07/2006, 12:47 PM
Best of luck to Cork, even if it means our game being called off. As for previous Rovers post, its that kind of thinking that has held the league back for so long. Sometimes you have to put the greater good ahead of personal interests.

paul_oshea
19/07/2006, 12:52 PM
good luck cork, in fairness i think we should be expecting irish teams to progress past cypriot teams given the last few years experience and results.

also magic-monkey the heat should be no excuse its biiiilin in the country at the moment!! :D

monkey magic
19/07/2006, 12:55 PM
good luck cork, in fairness i think we should be expecting irish teams to progress past cypriot teams given the last few years experience and results.

also magic-monkey the heat should be no excuse its biiiilin in the country at the moment!! :D

well, im not in the country at the moment so i would'nt know... but ive heard its 30 degrees - thats seriously hot for ireland but im in northern belgium at the moment and its 35! so you can only imagine what cyprus is like...

also in fairness sligoman, this league is too small and weak for that kind of single mindedness at the moment the whole league needs every boost it can get and progression in europe can only help, if yer worried about crowds, would it not be fair to say that if cork do progress and are going on to meet red star belgrade- former european champions, that the sligo public would be willing to come out and see our countries flagbearers play before one of the biggest games in recent el history?? even if it was a weeknight

Sniffer
19/07/2006, 12:55 PM
:eek: Heard on the radio this morning that the Cork boys trained with jumpers on at the weekend in an attempt to prepare themselves for the Cypriot heat.

Sniffer
19/07/2006, 12:56 PM
It was 41 degrees in Cyprus yesterday!

paul_oshea
19/07/2006, 12:59 PM
ok change that smiley to im a dumbo.
ah no i knew it would obviouslly be warmer, it was a tongue in cheek statement. its 36 degrees over here in london magic me.

is that true they were wearing jumpers? did someone forget to wash their training kits?!?! ;)
seriouslly though that would just make them more humid it wouldn't really be the same as dead heat like they get in cyprus, you sweat and find it a lot more difficult to breathe when its humid than when its just dead heat.

RogerMilla
19/07/2006, 1:08 PM
best of luck to all the EL teams , hope all progress and then take some serious scalps

dublinred
19/07/2006, 1:23 PM
All the good will sent to sligo from everybody on your league position and you come out with good luck limasol,you should be ashamed,GOOD LUCK CORK!!!

We are on a run at the moment and it would suit us better to have Cork on saturday night as we would have a bigger attendance than a midweek game and a better chance of winning , we could be out of pocket by at least 20k if the match was moved to midweek, not to mention the money we are already losing by having summer football to facilitate the European teams.

The Stars
19/07/2006, 1:43 PM
best of luck to cork but win lose or draw il be happy.
Win good for this league,lose good for Sligo Rovers.

mypost
19/07/2006, 1:46 PM
We are on a run at the moment and it would suit us better to have Cork on saturday night as we would have a bigger attendance than a midweek game and a better chance of winning, we could be out of pocket by at least 20k if the match was moved to midweek, not to mention the money we are already losing by having summer football to facilitate the European teams.

...and the money lost for changing your home games to Friday nights. :rolleyes:

The game may not be postponed if Cork (unlikely) win in Cyprus, as Cork need to play league games as well to maintain their fitness.

Redzer
19/07/2006, 2:22 PM
Good luck lads. I will be cheering ye on, even though it dosent suit us to have another game postponed.

centre mid
19/07/2006, 2:29 PM
All the best lads - will be cheering you on

dublinred
19/07/2006, 2:30 PM
...and the money lost for changing your home games to Friday nights. :rolleyes:

The game may not be postponed if Cork (unlikely) win in Cyprus, as Cork need to play league games as well to maintain their fitness.

Heard the Friday idea is going soon , might of been a good idea to have had the 2 week break around the european ties rather than when the blazers went off for a jolly to the world cup.

Anyway good luck to Cork tonight

gustavo
19/07/2006, 2:31 PM
We are on a run at the moment and it would suit us better to have Cork on saturday night as we would have a bigger attendance than a midweek game and a better chance of winning , we could be out of pocket by at least 20k if the match was moved to midweek, not to mention the money we are already losing by having summer football to facilitate the European teams.
You talk of these "European teams" as if they are some elite band that cannot be entered into , With a bit of luck we could be one of those teams next season!We should be confident enough in our ability to be able to give Cork City a good game any time this season. I still think that the crowd would be good even if it was a mid week game . I hope Cork win today as I hope all the Irish teams progress too

carrickharp
19/07/2006, 3:03 PM
All the best tonight Cork:ball:

ccfcgirl
19/07/2006, 3:41 PM
Best a' luck Cork. It won't be easy, but hang in there !!!

How many fans heading out for it ?It siad in our Evening echo 400-500 fans traveled and with hoiliday makers there could be up to 1000 fans supporting City at the game..Fingers crossed.

NY Hoop
19/07/2006, 3:48 PM
Best of luck to Cork, even if it means our game being called off. As for previous sligo post, its that kind of thinking that has held the league back for so long. Sometimes you have to put the greater good ahead of personal interests.

Spot on. Going out to a Cypriot side will only give the barstool muppets further ammo.

KOH

Red&White
19/07/2006, 4:11 PM
As someone else already said, they're more than capable of doing it, just need to hold the heads. Here's hoping...

dcfcsteve
19/07/2006, 4:23 PM
I have my clubs interest in mind. I don't want our game postponed, neither does our manager!

Neuh, neuh, neuh. Catch yerself on, ya infant......

Raheny Red
19/07/2006, 4:49 PM
Good luck to our co-effs. ;)

paudie
19/07/2006, 5:22 PM
You talk of these "European teams" as if they are some elite band that cannot be entered into , With a bit of luck we could be one of those teams next season!

Just what I was going to say.

There's no reason why Sligo can't aim to be in Europe on a regular basis.