PDA

View Full Version : Latest Championship Manager

Risteard
18/07/2006, 3:46 PM
Which is the latest Championship Manager out for the pc?
Is it under a new name?
Is there one due out soon?

DmanDmythDledge
18/07/2006, 3:49 PM
Football Manager 07 will be out in November. Thats the old Championship Manager from a few years ago but now with a different name.

nshoop
18/07/2006, 4:04 PM
FM 06 is top quality apparently(5/5 fourfourtwo mag)

Risteard
18/07/2006, 4:07 PM
Great. Can't wait til November.
Off to buy now. Verdict tomorrow.
Cheers.

holidaysong
19/07/2006, 11:04 PM
I have FM 2006 - it's brilliant. I'm doing a game as Athletic Club. The Basque only rule makes them a fantastic team to manage in my opinion. Anybody else managed as them?

Raheny Red
19/07/2006, 11:26 PM
Great. Can't wait til November.
Off to buy now. Verdict tomorrow.
Cheers.

So you must think it's great so..............:p

joema
01/08/2006, 2:02 AM
Have FM 2006 - best game ever - tottally addicted - dont think Ill bother buy the new one

Risteard
01/08/2006, 9:34 AM
So you must think it's great so..............:p:)
Ya,I couldn't justify taking thirty seconds out of my training schedule until now but it's a big thumbs up from me.

tetsujin1979
10/08/2006, 10:05 AM
Got well stuck into FM2006 over the long weekend, managing City, stick Stephen Ireland up front and he'll score hatfuls for you!!

Risteard
25/09/2006, 1:25 PM
Anyone know how well this game makes the transition to the psp?

anto1208
26/09/2006, 1:04 PM
i love FM 2006 i have it on both pc and psp , the psp one is ok they have a massive database for players the only difference is when selectin gyour team you can t make the players go on runs all the fornmations are preset which is very annoying if for example you only want your left winger making runs to the byline .

there are no team talks and its pretty easy i won the champs league with everton in 1 season .

where as its taken me 3 seasons to win the champs league and prem and fa cup treble .

super players to buy in 2006

avalos played as a lone striker and score 42 goals in 48 games
peroine sub striker played up front on his own scored 18 goals in 12 games most as a sub .is top scorer this year with 16 in 12 games

i played sosa and cahill just behind them both got 20+ goals from midfield.

masherano ( spelling??) as a defensive midfielder

volkan as keeper

defenders take your pick from Agger ,nik besagno ,vaden borre , kompany ,glen johnson and chinqulio ( spelling ) all top class rarely get less then an 8 .

currently on a 28 game unbeaten run sitting 10 points clear on top ( with no cheating !!!)

tetsujin1979
26/09/2006, 7:49 PM
I see Champo Manager legend Kennedy Bakircioglu has been called into the Swedish squad!

The Stars
28/09/2006, 9:28 AM
is that the guy who is half Turkish
Remember i was trying to get him with Notts Forest but Liverpool pipped me to it.
What is the Eircom League like?are the players attributes realistic this time and not extremely undervalued as usuall?

Risteard
28/09/2006, 9:44 AM
the psp one is ok they have a massive database for players the only difference is when selectin gyour team you can t make the players go on runs all the fornmations are preset which is very annoying if for example you only want your left winger making runs to the byline .

there are no team talks

Hmmm, i like those features.
If they get them onto the the next version, i'll get that.
November release i believe.

Hitman
03/10/2006, 12:25 PM
The demo for FM2007 is available to download now:
http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&article_id=1248

RĂ©iteoir
03/10/2006, 2:47 PM
FM2007 will be released later this month (have that on very good authority from the guys at SI)

Those of you who have played the demo (which is superb btw) may have noticed that we have a change in the Club, Competition and National Team logos.

Instead of having the one instance of each - we now have 5 different formats - meaning the scope of them being used in game has increased exponentially.

I'm currently working through the 5,000 or so club, comp and national logos in my FM2006 folders and converting them into the FM2007 format - at the moment I can only do the three sizes (huge, normal and icon) as I'm awaiting Ter from SI to send me the Photoshop action to convert the logos into the faded background format (the one which sits behind the club logo at the top of the screen.

I will be setting up a website/repository early next week to upload the packs to - so you can then download them and use them in the demo and when the full game is released.

Drumcondra Red
15/10/2006, 2:05 PM
So hang on a sec, whats Championship Manager 2007 thats out now then?

DmanDmythDledge
15/10/2006, 2:12 PM
So hang on a sec, whats Championship Manager 2007 thats out now then?
The Championship Manager series was developed by Sports Interactive and published by Eidos. They had a disagreement over something and ended their partnership after CM4(03/04 season). Sports Interactive had the rights to the game, but Eidos had the rights to the name 'Championship Manager'. So the game that is called 'Football Manager' is the continuation of the original Championship Manager games.

Drumcondra Red
15/10/2006, 3:15 PM
So CM is the crap one then?

DmanDmythDledge
15/10/2006, 3:38 PM
So CM is the crap one then?
Can't really say as I've never played it, but looking at features etc Football Manager seems a lot better.