PDA

View Full Version : Pats sign two new players?

DmanDmythDledge
18/07/2006, 3:29 PM
Paul Osam said on EL weekly last night that Pats would announce the signing of two new players today. Has anybody heard about this or know if it is true?

aido1895
18/07/2006, 3:33 PM
Brenton Leister and Keith Fahey.

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=961

fron Stains web

SAINTS MAKE SIGNIFICANT SIGNINGS
St Patrick’s Athletic are delighted to announce the signings of Brenton Leister and Keith Fahey.

Leeds born Brenton has played with Leeds Utd and Halifax Town. Last season Brenton made 11 appearances for Halifax Town.

Keith left St Patrick’s Athletic in July 2005 for Drogheda Utd. His return to Richmond Park was today greeted by manager John McDonnell, "Keith has a great talent and will be a great addition to our squad."

Andrew O’Callaghan Chairman of St Patrick’s Athletic today said, "the signing of Brenton and Keith are significant signings for the club".

Both players will complete a full medical examination later today and go straight into the squad for Wednesday’s game with Longford Town.

joeSoap
18/07/2006, 3:34 PM
Maybe this (http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=961) will help you...

nshoop
18/07/2006, 3:40 PM
Good signings,Keith Fahey is a very talented footballer.I was surprised to see it not work out for him at drogheda.

DmanDmythDledge
18/07/2006, 3:51 PM
I always thought that Fahey was a good player and I'm surprised that he didn't do better in a Drogheda shirt.

ndrog
18/07/2006, 4:36 PM
if st pats can keep fahey off the beer he will be a great player for them .One of the most talented players in the leauge .

hoopy
18/07/2006, 5:02 PM
The spell at Drogheda may have done him the world of good and given him the kick up the backside he needed. To say he was a bighead is an understatement. Always remember him saying he was 'too good for Pats' when he left, wonder how he feels now

JW.
19/07/2006, 12:01 PM
Fahey's a very good player and, like a lesser version of Riquelme, has a glorious free-kick delivery. I suppose the problem for McDonnell will be facilitating him in a team that is based more on a workmanlike ethos than overall ability (particularly in midfield)... Is he a liability as a central midfielder? Maybe they'll play him on the wing - a regular ploy of League of Ireland managers down the league afraid to put classy midfielders in the centre (Marc Kenny, Paul Byrne etc).

nshoop
19/07/2006, 12:05 PM
Pats used to be all work and long balls but i think they're a lot more skillful now and i think fahey will fit in nicely,he is a top player when his attitude is right!