PDA

View Full Version : Game we should have won

nismo
16/07/2006, 1:10 PM
didnt deserve to draw that and should have won by 2 or 3..:mad:

on another note i heard a group of 'hoops' supporters started a fight down town and were thought a lesson by a couple of the locals..haha serves them right!!

Dj Duffer
16/07/2006, 2:45 PM
I knew something like that would happen because when i walked past a group of hoops supporters they were after 1 2 many drinks!! I agree i think we deserve the 3 points.. Murray carey, darren murphy, mucky nd mikey were superb..

mypost
16/07/2006, 2:47 PM
i heard a group of 'hoops' supporters started a fight down town and were thought a lesson by a couple of the locals!

Evidence or Bullsh!t?? I saw no sign of any fights or trouble, when I was in the town beforehand.

Ftr, when walking up to the game, I happened to see a local needing to be restrained by his mates from smashing up furniture outside several pubs in the town. No Rovers fans were involved.

Dj Duffer
16/07/2006, 2:59 PM
I have ta say yare behaviour in the ground was very good, i cant comment on what happened outside the ground because i havent heard about anything happening, but nismo seems to have heard about something that happened..

Sam Savic
16/07/2006, 5:58 PM

Can't agree with you there. Barry Murphy didn't touch the ball in the game and the goal that went in should have been saved. In the first half we missed a one on one and another effort was scrambled away. We could have won it in the 90th minute when a 20 yarder was blasted just over the crossbar.

Roverstillidie
16/07/2006, 8:16 PM

on another note i heard a group of 'hoops' supporters started a fight down town and were thought a lesson by a couple of the locals..haha serves them right!!

your first line is so far from reality its hard to take the second one seriously.

its exactly that kind of unsourced internet horsehĂ­t cost your club thousands behind the bar

Thunderblaster
16/07/2006, 8:54 PM
Was at the game last night and to be honest Cobh played the nicer football in a match that would look good with Egil Olsen and Graham Taylor in oppposite dugouts. A lot of route one football, though Cobh at times passed it nicely on the deck. 2-1 Cobh would have been a decent reflection on the game. Shamrock Rovers supporters added to the atmosphere. Was very impressed with Cobh's no.9. The Cobh manager is definitely a Gianluca Vialli lookalike. Got chatting to a couple of teenagers that help with the water bottles and stuff like that. The incident with the Rovers sub and the Ramblers centre half must have been seen by everbody except the referee.:eek: Wouldn't mind being treated by the Shamrock Rovers physio!!:D Cobh as a town would have some of the most underrated architecture in the country. It was a gem to visit on a sun drenched day like yesterday and I would recommend anybody to visit the Promenade and eat in the Commodore Hotel. The live band was great and I shall hit Cobh, hopefully, sometime in the future and this time with a camera.:)

Dj Duffer
16/07/2006, 9:02 PM
Well said thunderblaster..

nshoop
16/07/2006, 9:10 PM
The ground was like a graveyard though,no atmosphere at all.I would hate to see it if dublin city or ucd were playing.

Dj Duffer
16/07/2006, 9:30 PM
What did ye think of the town in general, would ye come back again?

nshoop
16/07/2006, 9:36 PM
we'll all be back plus a good 50-100 more for the last game of the season,it was like playin in europe it was so hot!

Dj Duffer
16/07/2006, 9:41 PM
Yes cant wait for that, the only problem will be that that will be in november probaly and i doubt the weather will be like that again.. Did many of ye stay overnight?

nshoop
16/07/2006, 9:48 PM
A good few people stayed over, i think in the commodore, but everyone will come november.The place will be full of hoopers.The trains the way to go though, 5 hours on a bus or in a car is a nightmare!

Dj Duffer
16/07/2006, 9:51 PM
Hopefully there will be something at stake for that game preferibly us needing ta win to win the league!!!

nshoop
16/07/2006, 9:56 PM
If that's the case there might be a camera at the game,what's the story? It was 2nd v 3rd and there has been a camera down there already this season.

NY Hoop
17/07/2006, 9:41 AM
Agree shame no camera alright. Seen it all now segregation in Cobh!!

Great craic after though shame one pub has an english team plastered all over the wall.

What was Hendo saying in the programme? Completely ineligible. And IMO its incredible that after saturday evening one programme contributor wants to go back to winter football:rolleyes:

KOH

DvB
17/07/2006, 10:23 AM
Have to say i thoroughly enjoyed our day in Cobh on saturday, thought the town was possibly the nicest place i've been to on football trip for quite some time, found the locals very friendly & the oul weather wasnt too bad either!!
Again it has to be said though that once we were treated with a little respect everybody got on fine & there was zero trouble anywhere from what any of us witnessed anyway!
Ramblers have to be commended as well for a nice little set up too, the fact we were given our own covered area with modern clean toilet facilities and access to hot & cold refreshments was a welcome suprise, fair play!
All in all a most enjoyable experience (leaving aside our yet again dismal away form), looking forward to returning for the last game of the season for what hopefully will be a title celebration for the travelling hoopers!

A warm thank you to all associated with Ramblers & Cobh in general!!

Koh

WeAreRovers
17/07/2006, 10:43 AM
Would echo everything that DvB said. Friendly locals, nice neat ground with decent facilities.

Special word of thanks to the blonde haired steward. She was friendly and professional. She should do courses for some of the mongs masquerading as stewards up and down the country.

Thanks again and see you in November for our title-winning celebrations. ;)

KOH

drinkfeckarse
17/07/2006, 10:47 AM

There's no need to spoil what sounds like a good day had by everybody with nonsense like that, you know what our town is like for rumours and bullsh!t anyway and facts seem to be very thin on the ground with this particular topic.

If I had a quid for every time someone said "I heard..." to me.

nismo
17/07/2006, 11:15 AM
well the lad that told me seen it but he said they may of had been locals wearing celtic jerseys... wat are the chances?

mypost
17/07/2006, 12:01 PM
There's no need to spoil what sounds like a good day had by everybody with nonsense like that, you know what our town is like for rumours and bullsh!t anyway and facts seem to be very thin on the ground with this particular topic.

If I had a quid for every time someone said "I heard..." to me.

In the "Rebel County", there's always someone who HAS to go against the grain. :rolleyes:

osarusan
17/07/2006, 1:25 PM
well the lad that told me seen it but he said they may of had been locals wearing celtic jerseys... wat are the chances?

So why did you post on the Limerick board 5 minutes after this still claiming that Rovers fans were causing trouble??

Stop trying to wind people up.

Rambler1
17/07/2006, 8:36 PM
Have to say i thoroughly enjoyed our day in Cobh on saturday, thought the town was possibly the nicest place i've been to on football trip for quite some time, found the locals very friendly & the oul weather wasnt too bad either!!
Again it has to be said though that once we were treated with a little respect everybody got on fine & there was zero trouble anywhere from what any of us witnessed anyway!
Ramblers have to be commended as well for a nice little set up too, the fact we were given our own covered area with modern clean toilet facilities and access to hot & cold refreshments was a welcome suprise, fair play!
All in all a most enjoyable experience (leaving aside our yet again dismal away form), looking forward to returning for the last game of the season for what hopefully will be a title celebration for the travelling hoopers!

A warm thank you to all associated with Ramblers & Cobh in general!!

Koh

No problem,best fun we had all year and best away supporters also. Thanks to ye boys for creating such a great atmosphere at the game. Hope ye enjoyed it and will be back for the last day of the season.BTW some match pics at the following link
http://www.cobhramblers.com/Match%20Photos.htm

Sam Savic
18/07/2006, 12:17 AM
They are excellent quality photos. You can clearly see Barry Murphy made a big error for the goal. Very rare for him - he has been brilliant all season - just check our goals against.

nshoop
18/07/2006, 12:41 AM
He has to be the best keeper we've had since alan o'neil, and robbie horgan and tony o'dowd were no mugs,but a very bad mistake on saturday.He knew it himself.

Ashbourne
18/07/2006, 7:27 AM
Reply to Nismo: "on another note i heard a group of 'hoops' supporters started a fight down town and were thought a lesson by a couple of the locals..haha serves them right!!"

Utter Kak!

There were quite a few Hoops that stayed over. The 6 in our group stayed at the Bella Vista hotel. A lovely hotel at that. A group of about 15 Hoops ended up in Rob Roys (the liverpudlian theme bar) after the game, had plenty to drink and even sang a few songs. The barman even served us a late late drink on request. No trouble.
Its a pity your club was put under pressure to not let us into the clubhouse before the game for a few jars. Was in it before and its a nice bar. Look forward to returning to Cobh at the end of the season. Maybe the policy will have changed by then.

Rams-fan
18/07/2006, 5:03 PM
I quite enjoyed the game. Cobh Support was suprisingly quite. :)

On the game front, I thought a draw was a good result. Some frantic line scramble which, I still couldn't see how Rovers didn't score.

Rovers were big lads in comparison and it was only a matter of time that we were going to get caught with the amount of free kicks close to the box.

Still, it was good for the morale of the Rams, 2 defeats in a row and a tough won point.:D