PDA

View Full Version : eL Premiere Division select

Dyl10
15/07/2006, 1:43 PM
I know this question is asked so often but its interesting as it changes every year as do the teams you can pick players from, So if we were putting a collective league team of 16 forward who would be in it?

Connor/Devine
Heary Gavin Bennet Murphy
O'Donovan Gamble Ndo Mccourt
Fenn
Byrne
12. O' neil
13. Gray
14. Farren
15. Martyn
16. O' Callaghan

Dodge
15/07/2006, 5:13 PM
Wouldn't have even half of them in it tbh.

Speranza
16/07/2006, 1:15 AM
Devine
Heary Oman Pizza Murphy
? Martyn Molloy O'Callaghan
Byrne Zayed

Before anyone has a chuckle at my selection of Barry Molloy over Gamble, Baz has got Joe in his pocket every time they have faced each other and Gamble has failed to make any sort of impact on the game. McCourt is a genius but his attitude isn't up to it, on ability alone he would be in there but he doesn't deserve his plaudits when we have Ciaran Martyn busting his balls. Can't argue with Jayo and Zayed will come good for Drogs. Oman and Pizza are just the most solid pair in the league and always dependable.

A face
16/07/2006, 11:55 AM
Wouldn't have even half of them in it tbh.

Stop sitting on the fence Dodge, who would you have in there ?? :p

Dr.Nightdub
16/07/2006, 12:33 PM
If you go strictly on performance so far this season, then Zayed wouldn't make the cut. Similarly Gamble - I think he's a super midfielder but even the Cork fans have been saying they haven't seen the best of him cos he's been played out of position on the left.

Ryan
Heary Gavin Maguire Murphy
Ndo Martyn Mulcahy O'Connor
Byrne Molloy

GK is obviously pure Pats bias but there honestly isn't much to choose between Ryan, Connor, Devine and Delaney. Left mid is the only one I struggled with - it's not O'Callaghan's natural position, Cahill wasn't particularly terrifying any time we played Shels so it was down to McCourt v O'Connor and I gave Socky the nod cos of his pace.

Other nearlys: O'Neill (Shels), Farren & Brennan (Derry).

sligoman
16/07/2006, 11:10 PM
Lads this is obviously all going to be bias cos if it wasn't, ye'd have some of our players in it:p.

pineapple stu
16/07/2006, 11:15 PM
there honestly isn't much to choose between Ryan, Connor, Devine and Delaney.
What about the Ireland U-21 keeper? ;)

Suppose it's impossible really to pick an eL XI because most people only watch their own club's players regularly. On that basis, I'd nominate Tony McDonnell, Alan McNally and Conor Kenna from UCD. Allie Mac in particular was superb tonight again.

Dodge
17/07/2006, 12:02 AM
Lads this is obviously all going to be bias cos if it wasn't, ye'd have some of our players in it:p.
Best striker I've seen this season has been Darren Mansarem (sp?) For Pats I'll nominate Barry Ryan, daragh Maguire and Dave Mulcahy, all of which I think are the best players in their positions in the league.

Mine would be

-------------Ryan--------------
Heary---Maguire--Hutton--Murphy
---Gamble--Mulcahy--O'Callaghan
---Farren--Byrne---Mansaram----

A face
17/07/2006, 12:12 AM
-------------Ryan--------------
Heary---Maguire--Hutton--Murphy
---Gamble--Mulcahy--O'Callaghan
---Farren--Byrne---Mansaram----

Thats actually a very handy team .... Could they all turn out as an Ireland B team barr Mansaram??

Dodge
17/07/2006, 12:52 AM
Dunne. Murphy's English and maybe Farren and Hutton have represented the North somewhere along the line

micls
17/07/2006, 5:47 AM
Dunne. Murphy's English and maybe Farren and Hutton have represented the North somewhere along the line

Murphy has played under age for Ireland so is eligible.

Wont pick a team cos would be mainly bias but the first player on my team sheet would be Bennett. Fantastic all season

Krstic
17/07/2006, 8:16 AM

Although from Derry, Peter Hutton has never represented Northern Ireland and Mark Farren is from Donegal, so although he is from 'The North of Ireland' he's not Northern Irish.

Dodge
17/07/2006, 9:14 AM
Fair enough, honestly didn't know. Glad you cleared that up.