PDA

View Full Version : New Signing

braysnumber1
15/07/2006, 1:09 PM
Bray sign Colin Vint
Bray Wanderers have completed the signing of US-born forward Colin Vint. The tall Virginian has had a high-profile College soccer career with the University of Richmond Spiders, socring 20 goals in his four years there.

from www.braywanderers.ie
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 goals in 4 seasons isnt that gud of a record for a striker now...

Does anyone one else know of any other signings?

sligoman
15/07/2006, 1:11 PM
20 goals in 4 seasons isnt that gud of a record for a striker now...Was thinking the same thing myself. Ah well, hopefully he wont score next Tuesday night:p.

Stevo Da Gull
15/07/2006, 4:02 PM
Looked good against Livingstone anyway, with eamo gone its good to have another option in attack. 20 goals in 4 seasons is'nt prolific but hopefully he'll be a good signing for us:)

BrayUnknowns
17/07/2006, 9:36 AM
he played about the last 20 minutes against Livingston and had some nice touches, way to early yet to say if he will have an impact for us. I presume he'll be mainly used for the U21's at present.

pedrostarr
17/07/2006, 1:02 PM
The college soccer seasons in the US are not that long - he probably played in about 70 games total in 4 years and it's customary for first year plays to give way to the more senior ones so when you figure 20 goals over 50 games, it seems a lot more doable. Additionally, his team was garbage so many times he would be the lone striker going against 3 or 4 defenders with no help a la Rooney for England. Watch him play on Tuesday, he's not just a scoring machine, he opens the game up for the teammates and makes things easier for everybody. Apparently Fiorentina tried to sign him when he was 17 but then they went bankrupt so he decided to go to college. Finally, last week there was a closed 9 v 9 scrimmage since the Cork game was called off and Vint's team lost 4-3 but he had 2 of his team's goals. Don't let the stats fool you guys - just watch the kid play and then judge for yourself.

mossey2006
17/07/2006, 1:57 PM
ucd wer lookin at him during the schlorship trials but must not hav been offered anything or maybe a better offer came in from bray

pedrostarr
17/07/2006, 2:01 PM
UCD did invite him back but Bray offered him a contract the same day so he had to decline. He also played in Brazil last year with Cruzeiro (Ronaldo's first club) and Atletico Paranense so it's not like the kid can't play.

Philly
17/07/2006, 2:28 PM
http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/033106aaa.html

BrayUnknowns
18/07/2006, 8:42 AM
ucd wer lookin at him during the schlorship trials but must not hav been offered anything or maybe a better offer came in from bray

Over heard a conversation saying gthat Finn Harps were supposed to sign him but he is living in Greystones and was'nt willing to Travel, so Derek Wilkinson, a board member for Harps who lives and runs a business in Bray put him in touch with us.

As mentioned, only saw him for 20 minutes against Livingston so not much time to tell what he was like, buit he did have some nice touches and passes.

I hope he turns out to be a LEGEND !

Although the last yank we had over, (Pat Hanniganwho was top notch by the way) was released !

jonboy
18/07/2006, 1:32 PM
heres his bio up to 2004, don,t get too excited that league is mingin

http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/vint_colin00.htmlt

The Stars
18/07/2006, 3:01 PM
better not score tonight......kiss of death

pedrostarr
18/07/2006, 3:08 PM
He is playing with the senior squad, not the u21s but I suspect he wouldn't start tonight in his debut right?

superfrank
18/07/2006, 9:34 PM
He came on with about half an hour to go.

pedrostarr
18/07/2006, 11:14 PM
Appears that he had a header that just missed because the goalie had an excellent defense. Anybody else had opinions on the game today?

BrayUnknowns
19/07/2006, 10:52 AM
He came on with about 30 minutes left and was inches away from scoring with his 1st touch, the Sligo keeper had to scramble across his nets and just about got his fingers to it and turned it out for another cornor. Was'nty a bad over all 30 minutes from Vint, i reckon with a few more games under his belt he could become Doyles partner upfront, because if we contuine to play the long ball, then Franco is NOT the answer.

sligoman
19/07/2006, 12:15 PM
He's a ****ing tank:eek:. Looks like a rugby player. Even our sub keeper, Brush, was scared of him:D.

BrayUnknowns
19/07/2006, 12:26 PM
True ! very big lad indeed.

sligoman
19/07/2006, 12:36 PM
True ! very big lad indeed.He seems sound enough though, he was given his own personal Mexican wave by about 7 of us and he laughed at it. Unlike one of the other Bray subs when he got one:D.

jonboy
19/07/2006, 3:34 PM
He came on with about 30 minutes left and was inches away from scoring with his 1st touch, the Sligo keeper had to scramble across his nets and just about got his fingers to it and turned it out for another cornor. Was'nty a bad over all 30 minutes from Vint, i reckon with a few more games under his belt he could become Doyles partner upfront, because if we contuine to play the long ball, then Franco is NOT the answer.

i agree franco cnat play with the ball in the air but who can?? he is very talented and a good finisher we need a passer from midfield to supply him. Vint looked ok but some of the directions of his headers were poor i'm very suprised he got on last night in such an important game

BrayUnknowns
19/07/2006, 3:44 PM
i agree franco cnat play with the ball in the air but who can?? he is very talented and a good finisher we need a passer from midfield to supply him. Vint looked ok but some of the directions of his headers were poor i'm very suprised he got on last night in such an important game

Agreed about Franco, the only ptroblem with him is that he's far to small to play in the middle of the park, so the problem is were do we play him ? Right side of midfield ? Left side ?

Ah in Fairness it was Vint's 1st game ni Irish football, he's bound to take time to settle in a bit, the real sad thing is that we don't have any other options !