PDA

View Full Version : Cork game

Pages : [1] 2

Rovers1
14/07/2006, 10:13 PM
is the cork game definetly switched to a saturday?? need to know work wise etc..

sligoman
14/07/2006, 10:33 PM
Yes but if Cork go through to the next round then chances are the game will be postponed:mad:.

Soper
14/07/2006, 10:56 PM
I wish I could get back to see this or another match, but my passport has expired:(

sligoman
15/07/2006, 12:42 PM
I wish I could get back to see this or another match, but my passport has expired:(You live in Wales, passports are never required for coming to Ireland from the UK. Anyway, just get a new one!:p

Soper
16/07/2006, 2:57 PM
You live in Wales, passports are never required for coming to Ireland from the UK. Anyway, just get a new one!:p
Actualllllly, you need photographic ID.I don't drive, hence the need for a passport.:(

The Stars
16/07/2006, 4:16 PM
actually Ryanair require you to have a passport.

avvenalaf
16/07/2006, 5:53 PM
No they don't.

The Stars
16/07/2006, 6:42 PM
well they did when i went to London back in November,did they change their policy

Soper
16/07/2006, 6:52 PM
No they don't.
Yes they do

I asked last week.

Rovers1
16/07/2006, 9:48 PM
we switched our game with them back in may to a tuesday..so we shouldnt have to switch again,and the home team always makes the final decision.........although knowing the FAI theyll probably force the game to be rearranged coz of Corks euro 'run'

feo123
16/07/2006, 10:32 PM
i went to london not so long ago wit ryanair i think and i needed my passport!

red bellied
16/07/2006, 10:46 PM
Its in the name!

sligoman
16/07/2006, 10:55 PM
Its in the name!What?:confused:.

red bellied
17/07/2006, 9:50 AM
What?:confused:.
He winding yeah up.

Rovers1
17/07/2006, 10:02 PM
ANYWAY...back to the topic in hand. i asked Ollie davey today and he said Rovers 'hope' the Cork game will be played saturday if Cork lose,but if they win,then the game will be re-scheduled. he said Rovers will find out for definite wed night whether Cork win or not.

SRFC Head
18/07/2006, 9:46 AM
Surely its the other way around if they win they will need to play the game as it would cause a fixture pileup for Cork. If they lose they could come up most midweeks.

Whatever it would be bad for Rovers to play them mid-week another time gate would suffer.

gustavo
18/07/2006, 10:44 AM
well i would like to see the game played on saturday but not if it meant that cork lost so good luck to them:)

Sligo Hornet
18/07/2006, 11:28 AM
well i would like to see the game played on saturday but not if it meant that cork lost so good luck to them:)

Sorry Gustavo, I'll be wearing my Limassol scarf and holding my lucky shamrock tonight, hoping for a win for the Cypriots........purely selfish reasons.;)

I am coming over with a group for the weekend, and we specifically chose the Cork game when we booked months ago !!:D :

Rovers1
18/07/2006, 12:14 PM
Sorry Gustavo, I'll be wearing my Limassol scarf and holding my lucky shamrock tonight, hoping for a win for the Cypriots........purely selfish reasons.;)

is the game not tomorrow night??

sligoman
18/07/2006, 12:19 PM
is the game not tomorrow night??It is, Hornet's just getting prepared;) :D.

Sligo Hornet
18/07/2006, 2:42 PM
It is, Hornet's just getting prepared;)

Absolutely correct Sligoman!.........come on Limassol!! ( tomorrow night! ):D :D

red bellied
19/07/2006, 4:21 PM
According to the Cork City website if they progress to the next round the game on Saturday night will be postponed.

The Stars
19/07/2006, 6:04 PM
ya thats true.

Rovers1
19/07/2006, 9:29 PM
its postponed so!!

The Stars
19/07/2006, 11:28 PM
ya,will be re-arranged for a midweek game.night on the town for the players on Saturday so!!!!

sligoman
19/07/2006, 11:28 PM
its postponed so!!Of course, ****ing Corkies getting their own way:mad:.

gustavo
20/07/2006, 12:56 AM
So if it was us in Europe you would want the game to go ahead?

sligoman
20/07/2006, 1:03 AM
So if it was us in Europe you would want the game to go ahead?As I've said before, Cork wanted European football, they got it, they should have to deal with the fixture congestion that it brings! They're whingers in my opinion and if our game(more than likely is but just waiting til it's confirmed) is called off then I'll also be supporting Belgrade in the next round because Cork don't deserve European football if they're not willing to fulfill their league fixtures too.

Cork haven't a hope anyway!

gustavo
20/07/2006, 1:53 AM
As I've said before, Cork wanted European football, they got it, they should have to deal with the fixture congestion that it brings! They're whingers in my opinion and if our game(more than likely is but just waiting til it's confirmed) is called off then I'll also be supporting Belgrade in the next round because Cork don't deserve European football if they're not willing to fulfill their league fixtures too.

Well Im glad you arent in charge of the league anyway! I dont see how you can say that Cork are whingers because this postponement isnt without precedent so they are entitled to it , We should be encouraging all our teams to do well in Europe and postponing a few games is a small price to pay if it means our teams are better prepared.

adamcarr
20/07/2006, 2:37 AM
As I've said before, Cork wanted European football, they got it, they should have to deal with the fixture congestion that it brings! They're whingers in my opinion and if our game(more than likely is but just waiting til it's confirmed) is called off then I'll also be supporting Belgrade in the next round because Cork don't deserve European football if they're not willing to fulfill their league fixtures too.

I presume your against Drogs and Derry postponing there game too?

sligoman
20/07/2006, 7:31 AM
I presume your against Drogs and Derry postponing there game too?Yes, and so are the majority of their fans too.

jimhacker
20/07/2006, 9:31 AM

I am coming over with a group for the weekend, and we specifically chose the Cork game when we booked months ago !!:D :

I've asked the lads to bring you back a new Limassol scarf - to replace the one that you should be stuffing up tyour arse now!

Thanks to yourself and Sligoman for your best wishes!

The nearest you'll ever get to RedStar Belgrade is the colour of your jersies.

LondonRover
20/07/2006, 10:02 AM
The nearest you'll ever get to RedStar Belgrade is the colour of your jersies.

Er I think you'll find that the mighty SRFC Red Army played Red Star in the European Cup before Cork City even existed shun! :p

SRFC Head
20/07/2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah and I wish I could find the Programme my Grandfather had from the match. Looked for it a few times, must have another go.

SRFC Head
20/07/2006, 11:43 AM
Hold on for a second here i may not agree with everything SM says but he is spot on here. Cork are a professional Football team they should be will able to play the Game on Saturday night and be able to play again at (HOME) the following Wednesday. Look at the English Teams they will have to play their league games the following weekend. I am all for Progression by Eircom League teams in Europe but i do not think it should come at the expense of other clubs. We will loose alot of money + a chance to move level on points with Cork if we won from the change being made to this game and i think it is not far off a disgrace what is happening. The Should be made play their fixtures and if they want to send rest players will then thats up to them.

Spot on, Liverpool / Chel / Arsenal / Utd all use their squads in these situations and Cork need to use the extra capital recieved from playing these games to bolster the squad to handle it.

Why didn't they just sign kearney back, he is in cork playing hurling now.

Soper
20/07/2006, 12:55 PM
Cork will beat Red Star at home.

As a professional team, Rovers need to accept that these things happen.We'll still beat them at home.

feo123
20/07/2006, 1:26 PM
they should deal with the fixture conjestion! thats what europe is about...you play midweek and you shud fulfill your domestic fixtures aswell....cork are full-time....they shud play us on saturday!

gustavo
20/07/2006, 1:33 PM
I never noticed ye complaining about Shels et al getting games postponed before European nights in years gone by

SRFC Head
20/07/2006, 1:34 PM
I sent the fai a mail, not that it will do any good.

Hi...

I would like to enquire why the Sligo Rovers game versus Cork City
game which was scheduled for Saturday 22nd has been postponed.

I understand that Cork want the time to prepare for their game against
Belgrade but teams have to deal with this situation in other leagues
across Europe without postponing games. Teams wishing to participate
in European competition should realise this and make arrangements to
either bolster their squad during the transfer market or rotate
current squad players.

This also has a negative affect on Sligo Rovers, we have been doing
very well in the league lately had would have been expecting a
sizeable gate at this game, now it looks like this game will be
rescheduled as a midweek game which looks certain to draw fewer
through the gates.

You should also consider the potential fixture pileup as a result of
this, I realise that Dublin City folding has probably given you more
flexibility to play around with however I feel that this decision
whoever made it would have been the same if Dublin City FC hadn't
folded.

I am a keen follower of Sligo Rovers and the Irish leagues and would
hope that a level of professionalism would be adhered to which would
seen provisions made for teams like Cork who benefit from
participating in an illustrious competition like the European Cup to
be expected to honour their domestic fixtures and not to have a
negative affect on up and coming teams like Sligo Rovers.

Thanking you

sligoman
20/07/2006, 1:51 PM
It's good to see I'm not the only one p!ssed off at this. I was slated in another thread for saying it but at least the majority of our fans feel the same
I sent the fai a mailBet ya wont even get a reply:rolleyes:.

gustavo
20/07/2006, 1:56 PM
It's good to see I'm not the only one p!ssed off at this. I was slated in another thread for saying it but at least the majority of our fans feel the sameBet ya wont even get a reply:rolleyes:.
You were slated because you were actively supporting Limassol

Rory H
20/07/2006, 1:59 PM
its a pity but maybe the players will enjoy the week off and come out all gun blazing in tolka

SRFC Head
20/07/2006, 2:09 PM
I was looking forward to heading back to Sligo for this game at the weekend and probably now won't get to see Cork playing Sligo this year as it will be more than likely a mid week game.

looking forward to the shels game now... but its 10 days away...

Rory H
20/07/2006, 2:14 PM
8 actually...

SRFC Head
20/07/2006, 2:43 PM
ah well not so bad so...

gustavo
20/07/2006, 3:17 PM
But why dont you think we were not on about Shels because it did not affect us, it does not that is why we are complaining man

Ah right so really you dont care about professionality etc etc its just cos they are supposed to be playing us.

roversforever
20/07/2006, 4:34 PM
im with gustavo on this one.i can't believe how petty some of you are. cork city are playing in the champions league qualifiers, representing our country and our league. the least we can do is get behind them and give them the best chance possible to progress.and don't give me this sh!t about arsenal, chelsea etc.they are at a completely different level to cork and can play weekends and midweek because their second teams are capable of cruising through champions league games.if and when cork get to that level then fair enough we can expect them to play twice a week but we have to be realistic about it.the only way we will ever get to that level is by helping our teams as much as possible.ye wouldn't have even mentioned this if they weren't playing us and if it was us in europe i can guarantee ye are the very ones that would be calling for the league game to be rescheduled.and as for supporting corks opposition that is plain stupidity.

micls
20/07/2006, 4:36 PM
I am a Sligo Rovers Fan and put the interests of my Club before any other and makes no bones about this.
shockinly enough so do we......and its in the interests of out club and the leagues co efficient that we dont play a game every three days on top of travelling and trying to deal with conditions abroad. Im sure youd be the same if it were Sligo

nshoop
20/07/2006, 4:37 PM
im with gustavo on this one.i can't believe how petty some of you are. cork city are playing in the champions league qualifiers, representing our country and our league. the least we can do is get behind them and give them the best chance possible to progress.and don't give me this sh!t about arsenal, chelsea etc.they are at a completely different level to cork and can play weekends and midweek because their second teams are capable of cruising through champions league games.if and when cork get to that level then fair enough we can expect them to play twice a week but we have to be realistic about it.the only way we will ever get to that level is by helping our teams as much as possible.ye wouldn't have even mentioned this if they weren't playing us and if it was us in europe i can guarantee ye are the very ones that would be calling for the league game to be rescheduled.and as for supporting corks opposition that is plain stupidity.

SPOT ON:)

sligoman
20/07/2006, 4:43 PM
Murphy and Gamble are banned for the next game, O'Callaghan still rowing with Rico so likely to be out and O'Flynn is also a doubt. With that, Cork haven't a hope so they should turn and focus on their domestic games now, ie. playing us on Saturday!;).