PDA

View Full Version : Dermot Ahern TD

pete
09/07/2002, 11:02 AM
The IT says hes an "avid Dundalk fan".

Is this true? I've never heard it before........

Next thing we'll hear Micheal Martin a big Cork City fan.

:eek:

James
09/07/2002, 11:07 AM
well i suppose if they think there's votes in it for them
sure doesnt bertie support ... shels/rovers/bohs and st pats.. (delete where applicable and when it suits him :) )

lilywhite
09/07/2002, 11:19 AM
that's unfair. he often attends games. he is to be seen at many dundalk matches in oriel and i saw him in monaghan on saturday night. i'd be a lot more sceptical of bertie's claims to support irish football with some of what he's allowed to happen in this country!

Jim Murtha
10/07/2002, 11:43 PM
True,
He actually came to the Lilywhite Lounge to meet me on my last trip home. You'd actually be amazed at the names of some of the eircom Leagues biggest supporters and their position within the football community.

pete
11/07/2002, 1:37 PM
Is the eL like english football in the 80's when very unkool to be a supporter of?

Will we have our day when it suddenly sexy to support the eL?

;)

lilywhite
11/07/2002, 2:04 PM
sexy to support the el now?? it will be someday i hope. it deserves to be, that has to count for something!

Schumi
11/07/2002, 2:09 PM
What could be sexier than Mad Tom's visage in Turner's Cross?:eek:

lilywhite
12/07/2002, 10:06 AM
dermot keely's post-match interviews

Pat D'Arcy
17/07/2002, 11:09 AM
In fairness, Dermot was a member of the Dundalk Supporters Club, and served as treasurer, back in the good old days when we had Jack Daly running the bar, and Paddy Fox asking the hard financial question - 'how is our bar doing'? Dermot's answers as he thumbed through a pile of bills and receipts were a treasure to hear, but not always recorded in the minutes!! Sheamie Brennan's off the record responses were hilarious!
Pat D'Arcy - one time chairman of Dundalk Supporters Club.