dubman
13/07/2006, 7:02 PM
http://www.goalslive.com/

sligoman
13/07/2006, 7:03 PM
:confused:

SPXcyan
13/07/2006, 7:46 PM
great win for derry city against goteborg winning 1-0.. and drogheda with their 1-1 draw :) lookin good

ollie
13/07/2006, 9:28 PM
http://www.goalslive.com/

you mean winning right?

Red&White
13/07/2006, 9:47 PM
you mean winning right?
Believe me, it's 'wining' now all right...

alabama rover
14/07/2006, 1:00 AM
great win for derry city against goteborg winning 1-0.. and drogheda with their 1-1 draw :) lookin good

Echo that! Fair play. This league needs all the good europian results it can get.

KOH

Terry
14/07/2006, 7:20 AM
congrats to derry city what an excellent result. Heard the chairman on sky sports saying how its there first ever win away from home in europe and against such a big name in gotenburg that it truely is a day to remember for him and his team, supporters and all derry people alike. Well Done.

bawn79
14/07/2006, 7:28 AM
Great Results last night can only be good for the league.

Peadar
14/07/2006, 8:29 AM
Great win for Derry.
Well done, you're a credit to the league!
The last time them boys played in Ireland, they lost 1-0 in Turners Cross.
UEFA Cup 99/00

hoops1
14/07/2006, 8:50 AM
I am absolutely delighted with that result
One of there players a Swedish international was basically talking about
who they would get in the next round and was quite dissmissive of
Derrys chances in the paper during the week
Hopefully the Derry lads give them dogs abuse when there over

Dee75
14/07/2006, 9:04 AM

Oh don't worry about that Mr Alex with get a 'warm' welcome when he arrives at the Brandy on the 27th I can assure you of that:p

Hecko
14/07/2006, 9:07 AM
I am absolutely delighted with that result
One of there players a Swedish international was basically talking about
who they would get in the next round and was quite dissmissive of
Derrys chances in the paper during the week

You'd think after our results the last two years against Djugarden and Malmo eth Swedish woudl have learnt their lesson about underestimating eL teams:D

Absolutely brilliant results last night. Well done Derry and Drogheda. if we can also follow through on eth second legs, people will really sit up and notice

Jerry The Saint
14/07/2006, 9:12 AM
Great win for Derry - first ever away win for an Irish team vs. a former winner of the trophy?

Shocked to see Llanelli win as well (Did they send their rugby team over?:p ). What's happened to Swedish football:confused:

I blame Eriksson.

Passive
14/07/2006, 9:16 AM
Super result, delighted for Derry.

Nice to see Robbo doing the business for Drogheda too.

Passive
14/07/2006, 9:18 AM
Apologies for the double post but is there any idea who Derry will get in the next round if they do get through. Long way to go, but just wondering.

Krstic
14/07/2006, 9:26 AM
Apologies for the double post but is there any idea who Derry will get in the next round if they do get through. Long way to go, but just wondering.

Red Star Belgrade:ball:

Pauro 76
14/07/2006, 9:30 AM
Well done Derry, remarkable result, doing the league proud! and to Drogs too...

trevy
14/07/2006, 9:31 AM
Well done Derry City,great result.Also well done to Drogheda on a good 1-1 draw away from home.Make sure to finish the job off in the 2nd leg at home now!Results like these can only be good for the image of the league.

Peadar
14/07/2006, 9:34 AM
Red Star Belgrade:ball:

Think you're getting above your station there mate.
Red Star are in the Champions League and will be our opponents, should we progress!

Philo
14/07/2006, 9:43 AM
Great win for Derry - first ever away win for an Irish team vs. a former winner of the trophy?

Dunno if you'd count Bohs beating Aberdeen away in 2000? Aberdeen won the Cup Winners Cup in 1983 which has since been merged into the UEFA Cup. So kind of.

Dodge
14/07/2006, 9:57 AM
Think he would count it, he just forgot...

With repspect to Bohs wins in Kaiserlautern (meaningless in the end) and Aberdeen, this is probably the best result for an Irish club away in Europe. Certainly in a long long time

Jerry The Saint
14/07/2006, 10:05 AM
Dunno if you'd count Bohs beating Aberdeen away in 2000? Aberdeen won the Cup Winners Cup in 1983 which has since been merged into the UEFA Cup. So kind of.

Very true - must have forgotten that already! :p Aberdeen were going through a rough patch at the time though, Gothenburg were runners-up in their league last season and will consider themselves well in contention for this year's league.

Neish
14/07/2006, 10:12 AM
Well done Derry, good luck to ya in the next leg.

Krstic
14/07/2006, 10:21 AM
Think you're getting above your station there mate.
Red Star are in the Champions League and will be our opponents, should we progress!

Well that's dodgy BBC internet for you cause that's where i read that.:o
It's in the Story titled " Kenny salute his Derry heroes".

So who would we get then???

Schumi
14/07/2006, 10:37 AM
So who would we get then???
uefa.com doesn't have anything that I can see (Derry are pictured on the front page though!). Maybe the draw isn't done 'til after this round?

Dricky
14/07/2006, 11:10 AM
Well done Derry, that was a very impressive win. best of luck in the return leg

David
14/07/2006, 12:02 PM
uefa.com doesn't have anything that I can see (Derry are pictured on the front page though!). Maybe the draw isn't done 'til after this round?
When we got through first round last year the draw was the following day. Fantastic results for both Derry and Drogheda, well done.

higgins
14/07/2006, 1:14 PM
Draw is not done as the 11 Intertoto winners have to go into the 2nd QR

micls
14/07/2006, 1:23 PM
Great result. Ye are doing the EL proud.....god i love whe the cocky swedes are beaten

dcfcsteve
14/07/2006, 8:55 PM
Only back from Sweden a few hours now, and the result still hasn't sunk in.

3 words summarise Gothenborg : outsung, outplayed, outscored. I don't think their players or their fans know what hit them.

300 Derry fans made more noise than the 3,000 home crowd. The sound was just amazing.

I just hope to God we can seal the deal in 2 weeks time.

Well done Drogs - shame they got a late goal, but sounds like you should be able to do it at home.

Would be great if this was the year the EL got its first clean sweep of First Round games. Here's hopin'.....

Red&White
14/07/2006, 11:08 PM
I always support Irish teams in Europe and have spent the last few years congratulating Shelbourne and Cork (and rightly so) on their European results; it feels so great to have other people praising us for once.

David
14/07/2006, 11:13 PM

3 words summarise Gothenborg : outsung, outplayed, outscored. I don't think their players or their fans know what hit them.

300 Derry fans made more noise than the 3,000 home crowd. The sound was just amazing.

Well done Drogs - shame they got a late goal, but sounds like you should be able to do it at home.

Would be great if this was the year the EL got its first clean sweep of First Round games. Here's hopin'.....

I think it is key that Derry do not get complacent, there is a long long way to go in this tie. I recall far too many times us getting a good result away in the first leg, particularly against Scandanavian opposition only for it to fall apart at home. Just look to our game against Halmstad last season as an example of this.

Red&White
14/07/2006, 11:21 PM
I think it is key that Derry do not get complacent, there is a long long way to go in this tie. I recall far too many times us getting a good result away in the first leg, particularly against Scandanavian opposition only for it to fall apart at home. Just look to our game against Halmstad last season as an example of this.
That's true but if anyone will ingrain this into the players over the next few days, it's Stephen Kenny. There's no way he'll let the players get complacent whatsoever- he'll have them drilled and ready to go in two weeks in the right frame of mind. Meanwhile, us supporters can enjoy the result for the next few days anyway before, like they team, we turn to the second leg.

BohsFans
15/07/2006, 12:29 PM

Any footage of the goal?

ccfcgirl
17/07/2006, 4:33 PM
Well done to Derry on a great result ....Briliant when Irish teams do well in Europe.

MariborKev
17/07/2006, 4:48 PM
Any footage of the goal?

No professional footage but apparently some of the lads have it on the camcorder, so should have it in a few days

NY Hoop
18/07/2006, 9:43 AM
No professional footage but apparently some of the lads have it on the camcorder, so should have it in a few days

You serious?? No cameras from Swedish tv? Highlights of our game when we were there.

KOH

Dazzy
18/07/2006, 10:23 AM
NY Hoop They were more interested in Larsson game back in Swedish football!

NY Hoop
18/07/2006, 10:37 AM
NY Hoop They were more interested in Larsson game back in Swedish football!

Bad timing so! Best result in Europe for one of our league's sides and no footage:rolleyes:

KOH

BohsFans
18/07/2006, 3:53 PM
Think he would count it, he just forgot...

With repspect to Bohs wins in Kaiserlautern (meaningless in the end) and Aberdeen, this is probably the best result for an Irish club away in Europe. Certainly in a long long time

you can't really say that about the Kaiserlautern result until the 2nd of this match is over!

Gonna be really tough for Derry, especially since they won't have the same kinda crowd and atmosphere at the game. A half open Brandywell, with what 2,000 there?

Dazzy
18/07/2006, 4:14 PM
you can't really say that about the Kaiserlautern result until the 2nd of this match is over!

Gonna be really tough for Derry, especially since they won't have the same kinda crowd and atmosphere at the game. A half open Brandywell, with what 2,000 there?

well at the Brandy it will be better than having 3,000 people in a 43,000 seat stadium.

NY Hoop
18/07/2006, 4:30 PM
Just on the whole European issue why oh why are league fixtures going up against European games? Tomorrow night its Longford v Pats and last week it was Kildare v Kilkenny.

IMO any league games should not be going head to head with an Irish club in Europe, home or away. Not only fans but league players want to watch the Euro games and it only leads to dreadful attendances.

KOH

dcfcsteve
18/07/2006, 4:40 PM
Just on the whole European issue why oh why are league fixtures going up against European games? Tomorrow night its Longford v Pats and last week it was Kildare v Kilkenny.

IMO any league games should not be going head to head with an Irish club in Europe, home or away. Not only fans but league players want to watch the Euro games and it only leads to dreadful attendances.

KOH

Is Cork away on the telly ?

ccfcgirl
18/07/2006, 4:46 PM
Is Cork away on the telly ?
The Cork City game is on rte tomorrow night 7 0 clock (9 O clock in Cyprus)

dcfcsteve
18/07/2006, 4:51 PM
The Cork City game is on rte tomorrow night 7 0 clock (9 O clock in Cyprus)

Ahhh pants - I've gone and arranged to do something that I can't get out of now.

Will have to record it and watch it at about midnight now !

At least it's on.... :)

No excuse for not showing City v Gothenburg now (except perhaps that Swedish TV probably won't want to buy it)

Dazzy
18/07/2006, 8:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsMZ9_kiSV4

The goal!

Aaron
18/07/2006, 9:16 PM
Hargy tis a Legend!! HARGY!! HARGY!! HARGY!! HARGY!! HARGY!! HARGY!!:D