PDA

View Full Version : Cork Vs Bray

BrayUnknowns
13/07/2006, 12:08 PM
Match is off from what ive been told.

Eoingull
13/07/2006, 12:20 PM
That's what it says on both clubs' websites. The Cork City site posted the info at 11.36 today. Damn, I was looking forward to a day out in Cork. No doubt now, the match will be rearranged for some evening where only about six or seven people will be able to make it down!

Dricky
13/07/2006, 12:39 PM
That's what it says on both clubs' websites. The Cork City site posted the info at 11.36 today. Damn, I was looking forward to a day out in Cork. No doubt now, the match will be rearranged for some evening where only about six or seven people will be able to make it down!

I presume it was a request that Bray agreed to, Thanks lads we need to be as fit and sharpe next Wedensday and having to play on Saturday would of been tough on the lads by the time next wedensday rolls around. Not going to be easy playing in that heat.

BrayUnknowns
13/07/2006, 1:18 PM
Oh i've no problem with Bray helping out another eL club who are playing in europe, we need to do everything possible to help eachother out in suitations like this. Hopefully it will keep Cork a lot fresher and push them on to get the result they need. Best of luck, only wish it was us !

superfrank
13/07/2006, 7:29 PM
If that's the reason wwhy the match is called off then I'm very disappointed with Cork City. You wanted European football so you have to put up with the consequences i.e. fixture congestion. Yes I want Irish teams to do well in Europe but this is very disappointing. Cork should be professional enough to play those games in the way they come. You didn't see say Arsenal or Barcelona posdtponing fixtures so they could do well in Europe. And with Cork being a full-time team surely fitness shouldn't come into the matter.

I remember last year Shels had no qualms about playing us around the time of their Steaua game. It has to be said Shels deserve more respect in this case. V. disappointed with Cork City. It's not a good examp[le to be setting.

pete
13/07/2006, 9:48 PM
City tried to postpone it earlier but the league would not allow. Blame the league for not making a decision earlier.

I think its important to have a break for CL games as its played every wednesday back to back whereas the Uefa Cup is every fortnight.

sligoman
13/07/2006, 11:47 PM
I agree with superfrank and I'm supporting Appollon in the next leg because I don't want Cork to end up postponing their game with ourselves next weekend. If they want European action then they should have a big enough squad to cover all their fixtures in my opinion.

BrayUnknowns
14/07/2006, 10:32 AM
shocking ! :mad:

Stevo Da Gull
14/07/2006, 8:07 PM
I remember last year Shels had no qualms about playing us around the time of their Steaua game. It has to be said Shels deserve more respect in this case. V. disappointed with Cork City. It's not a good examp[le to be setting.

Well now there's an interesting story here. At one point I think that the Shels game was set to be called off, Bray were, from what I understand, willing to re-schedule but Shels wanted to play the game that weekend- I think to avoid fixture congestion, but I'm not sure who at Shels made that decision and whether Fenlon knew because after we played them and came back to draw 2-2 Fenlon had a right go at us in the papers for not postponing the fixture, mentioned clubs patting you on the back when you're doing well and then sticking the knife in etc etc.

It's an intersting debate as to whether or not league games should be re-sceduled like this, both sides have a fair arguement so I'm sittin on the fence.
Good luck to Cork in Cyprus though anyway:)

micls
14/07/2006, 8:10 PM
It's an intersting debate as to whether or not league games should be re-sceduled like this, both sides have a fair arguement so I'm sittin on the fence.
Good luck to Cork in Cyprus though anyway:)

If both teams agree i dont see a problem.

Thank you for the good wishes :)

Superhoops
15/07/2006, 11:34 AM
Ironic this from a club whose supporters on this forum a month or so ago where whinging like f**k about going so long without a home game and therefore no income to pay players and pay bills.

Now because it suits them to postpone a home game, I dont hear any complaints about no money to pay bills etc.

Hope they get their come uppance in Cyprus. Cheeky c*nts.