PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Adu

RogerMilla
13/07/2006, 10:06 AM
can be seen taking celtic apart here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6470962940471874644&hl=en)

apologies if i should have put this on the SPL thread

sadloserkid
13/07/2006, 11:37 AM
Wy the :(?

RogerMilla
13/07/2006, 11:38 AM
don't like to see celtic lose !

sadloserkid
13/07/2006, 11:41 AM
Sure cheer up, it's only preseason. :)

RogerMilla
13/07/2006, 11:44 AM
very true and DC well into their season.

The Stars
13/07/2006, 12:14 PM
that has to be the worst defence i have ever seen.
Adu is a genius,wish he was in the world cup.

Good song BTW.

sligoman
13/07/2006, 12:14 PM
Jaysus, remove the :( man, I thought he was dead or something:eek: :o.

Sheridan
13/07/2006, 1:06 PM
can be seen taking celtic apart here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6470962940471874644&hl=en)

apologies if i should have put this on the SPL thread
No apology necessary, post it where we can all enjoy it!

Plastic Paddy
13/07/2006, 1:50 PM
No apology necessary, post it where we can all enjoy it!

I'd return the insult if I could remember what your team was called...

:ball: PP

Dodge
13/07/2006, 2:12 PM
I'd return the insult if I could remember what your team was called...

its Home Farm, fire away

Plastic Paddy
13/07/2006, 2:28 PM
Well, this is the issue Dodge. Just what are they called this week? Plain vanilla Home Farm, Home Farm Everton, Home Farm Fingal, Dublin City? Talk about an identity crisis. That's why I find it a little strange that young Sheridan should so publicly display schadenfreude about the Celts when his own club seem in such disarray. I hear that there are more people on the pitch at CHF home games than in the stands watching! Just what is that about? As for how such a club can claim to represent "Dublin City" - delusions of grandeur or what? :confused:

To paraphrase the Good Book, it's like commenting on the splinter in your (much bigger and better-looking) neighbour's eye whilst conveniently forgetting the plank in your own. Putting it yet another way, you can put lipstick on a pig but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a stinking swine... :D

jockser
13/07/2006, 2:51 PM
Well, this is the issue Dodge. Just what are they called this week? Plain vanilla Home Farm, Home Farm Everton, Home Farm Fingal, Dublin City? Talk about an identity crisis. That's why I find it a little strange that young Sheridan should so publicly display schadenfreude about the Celts when his own club seem in such disarray. I hear that there are more people on the pitch at CHF home games than in the stands watching! Just what is that about? As for how such a club can claim to represent "Dublin City" - delusions of grandeur or what? :confused:

To paraphrase the Good Book, it's like commenting on the splinter in your (much bigger and better-looking) neighbour's eye whilst conveniently forgetting the plank in your own. Putting it yet another way, you can put lipstick on a pig but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a stinking swine...

and so it begins for the 2006-2007 season :D

jockser
13/07/2006, 2:55 PM
jaysus i thought the clip was just gonna be a goal.....but 5 mins of rubbish!!??!? i see why the :( was inserted now!!! :D:D

Poor Student
13/07/2006, 3:03 PM
Talk about Freddy Adu and his performance in here. Anything else about Celtic will be cut or deleted. Check the forum rules again.

Sheridan
13/07/2006, 4:29 PM
Talk about Freddy Adu and his performance in here. Anything else about Celtic will be cut or deleted. Check the forum rules again. I was talking about Freddy Adu's peformance! I didn't want it concealed (http://www.dublincityfc.net/news.php?id=3179) in some obscure recess of the forum wherein few with a broader interest in world football dare to venture. Dunno what prompted the stream of invective above, and frankly it's very hurtful. Hoots, mon. :(

Looked a disappointing turnout at the game, maybe soccer fatigue is setting in after the World Cup (whence DC's participants surely can't have returned to action already.)

Poor Student
13/07/2006, 7:21 PM
Sorry, Sheridan.:( I get you now.:o

RogerMilla
17/07/2006, 9:51 AM
DC are well into their season sheridan , and romping their league

osarusan
17/07/2006, 10:14 AM

To paraphrase the Good Book, it's like commenting on the splinter in your (much bigger and better-looking) neighbour's eye whilst conveniently forgetting the plank in your own. Putting it yet another way, you can put lipstick on a pig but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a stinking swine... :D

What a poor post.

You (mistakenly) think that somebody is happy to see Celtic lose, so you decide the best way to gain satisfaction is to insult the team he supports (and a moderator helps you out by giving you the club name. nice one Dodge).

Plastic Paddy
17/07/2006, 4:46 PM
What a poor post.

You (mistakenly) think that somebody is happy to see Celtic lose, so you decide the best way to gain satisfaction is to insult the team he supports

A superficial conclusion. Since you seem to lack the knowledge of context that I possess - one borne of over three years' consistent posting here - you're taking the post at face value. And if you can't make out the thick dollop of banter that covers it, then I'd counter that it is your judgement rather than my post which is poor.

(and a moderator helps you out by giving you the club name. nice one Dodge).

Whooppee-doo. I'm a moderator too. Go figure. :rolleyes: Like I said, it's all about the context. And I knew well that Sheridan was/is a CHF supporter, but then you didn't know that I knew that, yadda yadda yadda...

Stick around if things here aren't too heated for you. You'll soon see the anti-Celtic edge that permeates the thoughts of enough of the posters here and maybe then you'll understand the chippy nature of my response. Until then, don't go jumping straight to the seemingly-obvious conclusion because this is the kind of reply you can expect if you do.

Dodge
17/07/2006, 8:24 PM
(and a moderator helps you out by giving you the club name. nice one Dodge).
Thought he was having a go at Celtic. Still do. Took an oppurtunity to have a dig at that club too and I'm not apologising for it

BTW I'm far from a Celtic fan.

Thread closed. Its only going one way. Any problems post in support