PDA

View Full Version : UCD receive Government grant for Bowl

pineapple stu
12/07/2006, 9:11 PM
€1.25m (http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=750) :eek:

Does this mean that the Bowl is now definitely going to become a reality? Knew there was money coming today, but didn't realise it'd be that much!

Poor Student
12/07/2006, 9:57 PM
I think Bald Student told me that the next step is to have the old biddie's objection squashed.

pineapple stu
12/07/2006, 10:00 PM
I'm taking that as a given.

I've heard so many stories about the new Belfield Bowl or the new Belfield Park down the years that I'm stlil sceptical, even with 1¼million in the bank!

Poor Student
12/07/2006, 10:13 PM
Any idea what you could do with that kind of money? Any chance of getting further lotto or other grants? Would if the college itself fancies putting any money in? Or even the IRFU?

BohsFans
12/07/2006, 11:29 PM
Lads, as regards drawing down on grant monies (the difficult part for most clubs) is it:

a) The club send in the receipts or so to speak?

b) The club matches the grant money.

c) They match 50%??

This has been a big problem to the likes of Pat's (who planned to build a new stand) and Dundalk (remember the pitch saga?)!! Think Pat's only took a small amount of their grant because they could only match a small amount themselves, so they did licencing work instead of the stand!

DmanDmythDledge
12/07/2006, 11:31 PM
So does that mean we would have to provide half of the €1.25m=€625,000?

Poor Student
13/07/2006, 9:14 AM
I thought Pat's grant money was frozen because other club's spent capital grant money on current expenditure? I also thought Dundalk just ran out of money. Surely if a stand costs €1.25m and we have the €1.25m, then we can go ahead and build it?

Poor Student
13/07/2006, 9:27 AM
http://www.arts-sport-tourism.gov.ie/pdfs/sc2006guidelines.pdf

These are the guidelines. Part 3 covers the issue Bohs fans is on about. It sounds like they won't give you the grant unless you offer a statement or letter from a financial institution proving you can meet the rest of the costs. There's two clubs involved here, the rugby club and the football club, so between us I think we can match. It doesn't have to be 50%, it differs from situation to situation.

Schumi
13/07/2006, 10:17 AM
The college is turfing us out of Belfield Park so I assume they'll provide whatever money is required for the Bowl.

CollegeTillIDie
13/07/2006, 7:49 PM
The college is turfing us out of Belfield Park so I assume they'll provide whatever money is required for the Bowl.

Unless of course Der Fuhrer Brady wants to exterminate the club !:eek:

pineapple stu
16/07/2006, 11:25 PM
So does that mean we would have to provide half of the €1.25m=€625,000?
Nope - the Government have provided half of the funds - i.e. E1.25m. We have to provide te other half - E1.25m. I think the college are doing this because (a) they own the land, not us, and (b) it was their idea, not ours.

CollegeTillIDie
18/07/2006, 6:39 AM
So Fuehrer Brady has to put his hands into College funds( a further €1,250,000) to enable this move to take place to the Bowl? Good. This man has done more damage to the playing fields of Belfield than all of his predecessors combined. €2.5 million will go a long way to turning the Bowl into a real stadium... a veritable "Nou Campus" :D

thomas
18/07/2006, 7:04 AM
Itys easier than that, just get the cash from the bank to do the whole thing, when the grant comes through put the grant as a lump sum to reduce the debt.