PDA

View Full Version : Shels fans meeting

Pages : [1] 2

Dodge
12/07/2006, 12:25 AM
Any news from it? Just curious. You've taken a bit of a battering on here recently. Anything that'll help dispell the rumours?

A face
12/07/2006, 12:26 AM
Any news from it? Just curious. You've taken a bit of a battering on here recently. Anything that'll help dispell the rumours?

Anymore rumours though ?? :p

Réiteoir
12/07/2006, 2:09 AM
I heard they had a vote on what type of sand they'll be using to stick their heads in for the rest of the season ;)

LeixlipRed
12/07/2006, 3:05 AM
What meeting?

BohsPartisan
12/07/2006, 8:26 AM
I heard they had a vote on what type of sand they'll be using to stick their heads in for the rest of the season ;)

I hope its quicksand.

Gareth
12/07/2006, 9:06 AM
"Shels fans meet to avoid a Foot battering". I am delighted that you gauge Shels fans on the few that post on Foot. How the hell do you know that their are no fans enquiring, meeting, planning for the future of the club? And more so if they were, do you think they'd post it all on here, HQ of dislike for Shels :) I am afraid if you think no one is questioning, and working towards a future for teh club, your head is teh one rapidly heading for sand.

Dodge
12/07/2006, 9:17 AM
"Shels fans meet to avoid a Foot battering". I am delighted that you gauge Shels fans on the few that post on Foot. How the hell do you know that their are no fans enquiring, meeting, planning for the future of the club? And more so if they were, do you think they'd post it all on here, HQ of dislike for Shels :) I am afraid if you think no one is questioning, and working towards a future for teh club, your head is teh one rapidly heading for sand.
FFS Gareth I know there was a meeting of your patrons scheme (or whatever you call it) to discuss exactly those situations. fair enough you don't want to tell us but there was no harm in me asking.

Oh and your silence tells me there was nothing said to dispell the rumours that you're f.ucked :)

drummerboy
12/07/2006, 10:09 AM
Santry it is then.

Dodge
12/07/2006, 10:18 AM
Santry it is then.
Aye, but how soon?

WeAreRovers
12/07/2006, 10:39 AM
Santry it is then.

My sources tell me that even Santry (AKA Plan Z) ain't an option at the minute and that Shels will be ground-hunting sooner rather than later.*

Ollie must be delighted to have such a compliant fanbase. We'd have strung him up by now but we're just hooligans running a football club. What would we know?

KOH

* Obviously this is all unsubtantiated rubbish and everything is hunky dory in Shelsland. :rolleyes:

wws
12/07/2006, 10:45 AM
not stirring here but word gets around in el circles and mates of mates have already clued in those on the pats board about the meeting and what was presented to the fans at shels

I take no pleasure in the current predicament other than the fact that it was flagged many moons ago by fans on here and elsewhere who tried to figure out the economics of the whole thing - which than, as now, NEVER added up!

Dodge
12/07/2006, 11:11 AM
Just read what happened. And unlike wws I do take great pleassure.

sonofstan
12/07/2006, 11:16 AM
Just read what happened. And unlike wws I do take great pleassure.

where?

thejollyrodger
12/07/2006, 11:20 AM
I wish Ollie would give the low down on our future stadium plans

Dodge
12/07/2006, 11:21 AM
where?
On the Pats members board. Nothing new really, just confirmed what we've all been saying.

wws
12/07/2006, 11:39 AM
I dont take any pleasure Dodge I think genuine shels fans will be left picking up the pieces when you know who
fcks off and leaves them high and dry - its hardly their fault - one person had too much power

most clubs are in the same boat

Dodge
12/07/2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah but you obviously don't hate Shels as much as I do. :)

It'll be a PR disaster for the league, especially with the media who bough the whole "we're the only club trying to make the league professional" crap they've been pouting for the last couple of years but if its the wake up call that clubs heed, it'll be a good thing for football in Ireland. (Although any club that didn't seriously look at themselves after Rovers debacle should be fooked out anyway)

Of course genuine Shels fans don't deserve this but its not like others haven't been alerted them for years now. If they chose to do nothing, **** them.

anto eile
12/07/2006, 11:51 AM
but shels fans have ALL stuck their head in the sand for the last few yeasr, even as the cllub stumbled from one crisis to another..
so ive no sympathy for them.
any proper fans would have rid their club of ollie by now. shels fans,by and large, love him
so whatever happens,serves them right

DvB
12/07/2006, 12:27 PM
What i'd be more worried about with the GAA holding up Tallaght indefinitely is where will Rovers play if Shels are forced out of Tolka sooner rather than later due to their financial situation!? Not alot of options out there!!

BohsPartisan
12/07/2006, 12:42 PM
Would Pats take ye back?

Passive
12/07/2006, 12:50 PM
Shels fans, I'm not much on speeches but it's so gratifying to see you wallow in the mess you've created, you're screwed, thank you, goodbye.

Dodge
12/07/2006, 12:57 PM
What i'd be more worried about with the GAA holding up Tallaght indefinitely is where will Rovers play if Shels are forced out of Tolka sooner rather than later due to their financial situation!? Not alot of options out there!!
Hi, how are you doing?

DvB
12/07/2006, 12:58 PM
Would Pats take ye back?

To be honest if Santry isnt available Richmond Park is probably the only option, IF of course Pats were even interested in offering the ground for use who's more likely to wangle an agreement first!?

Then again in the current climate who's more likely to pay the bill? Shels who seem to be incredibly in a similar boat to Rovers approx 12 months ago or ourselves who since being run by the fans have met every obligation & been run properly!? An interesting situation indeed!

Koh

WeAreRovers
12/07/2006, 1:23 PM
Shels fans, I'm not much on speeches but it's so gratifying to see you wallow in the mess you've created, you're screwed, thank you, goodbye.

I think we can all endorse those sentiments. The chickens have well and truly come home to roost.

KOH

Dodge
12/07/2006, 1:30 PM
To be honest if Santry isnt available Richmond Park is probably the only option, IF of course Pats were even interested in offering the ground for use who's more likely to wangle an agreement first!?

Fight for our affection.

DvB
12/07/2006, 1:59 PM
Fight for our affection.

I wouldnt be the fighting type Dodge:D

Mr A
12/07/2006, 2:21 PM
Incidently, why are a load of seats ripped out of the Ballybough end?

Noticed that- it's pretty terrible looking. Hadn't been in Tolka for a while and it seems to be getting very run down. I suppose that's natural if there's no long term future there, but it's still a little depressing.

Dodge
12/07/2006, 2:25 PM
http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6037&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The stuff at the end is priceless. Some of them want to move into lansdowne Road

drummerboy
12/07/2006, 2:34 PM
Shels are meeting Fingal Co co today to discuss the relocation. Very sad to see the demie of Tolka Park.

Poor Student
12/07/2006, 2:37 PM
http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6037&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The stuff at the end is priceless. Some of them want to move into lansdowne Road

Sure why not Croker? It's in Drumcondra.;) Ollie was rambling on about it on Sky Sports news when they were making progress in Europe one time.:o

drummerboy
12/07/2006, 2:54 PM
Well, the price of a professional set-up is really starting to have an effect on the game here. Its hard to know what to do, its all very depressing. Tolka and Dalymount soon to be apartments. Richmond Park’s future still in the balance and a legal battle over Rovers new stadium. Shels move to Santry will only ever be temporary if it happens at all, and when the money runs out, they too will be homeless.

Peadar
12/07/2006, 3:18 PM
Well, the price of a professional set-up is really starting to have an effect on the game here. Its hard to know what to do, its all very depressing.

We have to persevere though. It's important to have a professional game, where coaches and players are rewarded for a fulltime commitment to the game.

Dodge
12/07/2006, 3:22 PM
Clubs can't afford it Peadar, therefore it has to stop.

BTW Richmond's going to be alright. Our new bar opens on Friday night :)

drinkfeckarse
12/07/2006, 3:31 PM
We have to persevere though. It's important to have a professional game, where coaches and players are rewarded for a fulltime commitment to the game.

You're right Peadar but I can only see a future for it once there are the facilities to attract people so it's a catch 22. I bet any money when Bohs get their new stadium they'll attract a whole new audience and probably have the biggest support around....

wws
12/07/2006, 3:53 PM
this is a very important point here:

what shelbourne did over the last few years was NOT professionalism - it was bloody minded and reckless amateurism masquereding as professionalism. The only people who bought into it were swayed by surface success without asking the obvious - what the fck was underpinning it? Answer - absolutely nothing - nada - zip - zilch.

The amount of people who pointed this out ad infinitum was sizeable.

Don't insult peoples intelligence even further by claiming that this is the death knell of some "progressive" approach by shels. The emporer had no clothes, and in Ollies case its not a pretty sight.

higgins
12/07/2006, 4:21 PM
FFS Gareth I know there was a meeting of your patrons scheme (or whatever you call it) to discuss exactly those situations. fair enough you don't want to tell us but there was no harm in me asking.

Oh and your silence tells me there was nothing said to dispell the rumours that you're f.ucked :)

When did this meeting take place :D

wws
12/07/2006, 4:23 PM
abandon ship......

higgins
12/07/2006, 4:24 PM
oh that meeting :cool:

dragged on a bit

green-blood
12/07/2006, 4:34 PM
higgins, yes they are lafing at you, the humble pie is in the oven, take the free meal, yee cant afford anything else

Jerry The Saint
12/07/2006, 4:43 PM

You know that a thread has truly gone nuts when The Jolly Rodger is the voice of reason! :D

Billy Lord
12/07/2006, 5:08 PM
I've said it for years: there's no point in being professional on the pitch if it's amateur hour off it. Paying players massive net wages when you can't afford it is the road to hell. Shels are losing the home they took 40 years to find, another ten or so to develop, and are now about to lose it and become nomads once again.
Sad and avoidable.

higgins
12/07/2006, 5:09 PM
Im glad you lot can see its nuts....

Please dont go to the FAI before Shels with the idea
We thought of it first!! ;)

Anto McC
12/07/2006, 5:34 PM
Talk about a hillarious thread and then you find one............this one :D

Buile Shuibhne
12/07/2006, 6:43 PM
Sorry to disappoint yiz all, but things are moving very much apace this week on two fronts for Shels vis a vis the new investors and the move to Santry.

In Tolka Park last night, the Rovers fans couldn't understand why Ollie was all smiles and being so nice to them.

................. and as for Crowe, Moore, Ryan or any other Shels players going to Bohs - pure diversionary tactics by the Spoofer Farrelly.

Roverstillidie
12/07/2006, 6:47 PM
Sorry to disappoint yiz all, but things are moving very much apace this week on two fronts for Shels vis a vis the new investors and the move to Santry.

you make these two events sound welcome and planned.....

when exactly does tolka close? weeks or months?

higgins
12/07/2006, 6:49 PM
You worried Rovers will have nowhere to play or that shels will end up in tallaght ;)

Roverstillidie
12/07/2006, 6:56 PM
You worried Rovers will have nowhere to play or that shels will end up in tallaght ;)

how can that situation even almost begin to happen?

last week this was all fantasy stuff from rovers fans, now it was all part of the plan?

you are out of tolka before the end of the season. you were warned!!!

higgins
12/07/2006, 6:58 PM
of course you did ;)
Thanks for the heads up there Rovers...

Buile Shuibhne
12/07/2006, 7:02 PM
We've been planning to leave Tolka for 3 years now. It's sold to the developers but is no use to them until we have a definite alternative new home. It's written into the Dublin City Development plan that it can't be re-zoned for apartments iuntil we're fixed up. In fairness to the ex DCC manager John Fitzgerald, he didn't want another Rovers / Milltown scenario.

It's all coming together now.

drummerboy
12/07/2006, 7:06 PM
Well, for Shelbourne's sake, lets hope the investors come up trumphs.