PDA

View Full Version : Title deciders DVD?

bohsmug
11/07/2006, 11:27 AM
I was just thinking to myself (bored in work) that with so many of titles being decided on the last day in the last 10 - 15 years would it be plausable for some kind of DVD to be released featuring them? Most of these have been covered by RTE so there'd be good coverage of them. Might be a non runner but surely it would show the best side of our league (bring back some good and not so good memories too!)

Poor Student
11/07/2006, 11:32 AM
That sounds like a pretty good idea actually. RTE are receptive to helping people out trying to get access to footage. The FAI would actually help too. One of the UCD lads is trying get some old footage and they've both been helpful. He might give you some contacts if your seriously interested.

A face
11/07/2006, 11:40 AM
Its something the league should be doing to raise money for the league. I'd say it would more than pay for itself. If you sold 1500 DVDs at €20 a pop, that is the wages for someone to work on it fulltime.

Raheny Red
11/07/2006, 11:57 AM
I was just thinking to myself (bored in work) that with so many of titles being decided on the last day in the last 10 - 15 years would it be plausable for some kind of DVD to be released featuring them? Most of these have been covered by RTE so there'd be good coverage of them. Might be a non runner but surely it would show the best side of our league (bring back some good and not so good memories too!)

Not a good idea for any Shelbourne fan :eek: :o :(

bohsmug
11/07/2006, 1:36 PM
Not a good idea for any Shelbourne fan
:D

You did have the 2004 one though in inchicore.

Raheny Red
11/07/2006, 1:42 PM
:D

You did have the 2004 one though in inchicore.

True, but there are more bad days and good days.

The run in for the 2002 season should be good :p :rolleyes:

Dodge
11/07/2006, 1:44 PM
Its something the league should be doing to raise money for the league. I'd say it would more than pay for itself. If you sold 1500 DVDs at €20 a pop, that is the wages for someone to work on it fulltime.
Not being funny but I doubt you'd sell that many.

A face
11/07/2006, 3:08 PM
Not being funny but I doubt you'd sell that many.

Are you serious ?? :eek: i was being conservative. There have been a few City DVDs made in the last few years and they are all snapped out straight away, always a demand for more.

Dodge
11/07/2006, 3:16 PM
How many city fans would spend €20 on a DVD for 3/4 mins of coverage of their club? I'd be suprised if more than 50 Pats fans bought it. Apart from clubs involved I'd say less than 100 fans in total would buy it. Just trying to be realistic. Don't want anybody losing money on this league.

Oh and if its a commercial product RTE will charge heavily for their footage...

LeixlipRed
11/07/2006, 3:18 PM
Only 100 fans in the whole country would buy it?

Dodge
11/07/2006, 3:21 PM
Only 100 fans in the whole country would buy it?
Less than 100 fans of clubs not represented would buy it

sligoman
11/07/2006, 3:23 PM
I know I probably wouldn't buy it if we weren't involved in it anyway.

LeixlipRed
11/07/2006, 3:26 PM
Less than 100 fans of clubs not represented would buy it

Sorry I didnt read your post properly. How many fans of clubs that were involved would buy it though? Enough to make it worth realeasing i'd say

Dodge
11/07/2006, 3:32 PM
Dunno. But it wouldn't be guarenteed. Thats the point I'm making. I probably wouldn't buy it

A face
12/07/2006, 12:34 AM
Dodge, i would be saying that its not just footage of the league but opinion. If it were a magazine type thing where certain aspects of the game/league were discussed ... stuff that all fans would be interested in then it would be different. Also if all fans knew the profits were going to improve the league, then i'd say most would have no worries supporting it.

Dodge
12/07/2006, 12:42 AM
If it was done properly it may sell by the bucketload but whats the likelihood of that?

if it goes ahead I wish all connected the very best of luck

BohsFans
12/07/2006, 1:08 AM
That sounds like a pretty good idea actually. RTE are receptive to helping people out trying to get access to footage. The FAI would actually help too. One of the UCD lads is trying get some old footage and they've both been helpful. He might give you some contacts if your seriously interested.

:eek:

Your joking, right?

We went to get 3-2 '84 footage off them and surprise surprise they only had one goal! The rest of the game was recorded over. :rolleyes:

A face
12/07/2006, 1:35 AM
:eek:

Your joking, right?

We went to get 3-2 '84 footage off them and surprise surprise they only had one goal! The rest of the game was recorded over. :rolleyes:

That is not true is it ?? Seriously there is no way they are that bad is there ??

BohsFans
12/07/2006, 2:03 PM
That is not true is it ?? Seriously there is no way they are that bad is there ??

That is FACT!

There's 2 odd mins of footage from that night, one goal, a few chances and the crowd trouble!

RTE are a disgrace!! :mad:

Dodge
12/07/2006, 2:08 PM
I don't know why you're speaking conditionally there, sligs would definitely not be on it.
Depends how far back they go

Dodge
12/07/2006, 2:29 PM
good spot

Block G Raptor
12/07/2006, 2:38 PM
I'd defo Buy it
Ive got the 2001 a Bohemian Oddessy and Bohemian Like you 2003 DVD's in the collection already and our last minute win in tolka in 2003 looks better every time I watch it

Raheny Red
12/07/2006, 5:57 PM
Youtube has the footage of the Rangers/Bohs game!

BohsFans
12/07/2006, 10:40 PM
Youtube has the footage of the Rangers/Bohs game!

Yeah that's the only footage left, think it was a news piece. Shows Gino's 20-yard winner into the Tramway end - cracker!

sligoman
12/07/2006, 10:50 PM
I don't know why you're speaking conditionally there, sligs would definitely not be on it.Poor hoop can't spell Sligo properly:rolleyes:. I was making the point that I wouldn't buy it cos we are not involved, no need for yer sly comment fool!

Raheny Red
12/07/2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah that's the only footage left, think it was a news piece. Shows Gino's 20-yard winner into the Tramway end - cracker!

Yep, mainly a news piece reporting on the trouble :rolleyes: suppose they set the Herag off so, anyway the game itself looked a cracker!

Stevo Da Gull
13/07/2006, 12:41 AM
I'd buy it anyway. I saw the Bohemian Oddessy tape in town and it was pretty cheap so I bought it, don't get me wrong here - I'm no closet Bohs fan, I'd just buy any Eircom League products (execpt maybe jerseys) that aren't expensive.