PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland to play Shels

zinedineontour
10/07/2006, 8:39 PM
Happy days . For once wont have to spend 300euro heading over to sunderland for once .. on the 24th july

Anto McC
10/07/2006, 8:39 PM
See my Sig

thejollyrodger
10/07/2006, 8:40 PM
who wants to see scunderland play anyway ?

el punter
10/07/2006, 8:46 PM
Quinner starting to support the eircom league?

CollegeTillIDie
10/07/2006, 8:56 PM
He has to justify his place on the expert panel on the future of the EL somehow! ;)

A face
10/07/2006, 8:59 PM

I doubt it ... why the change of heart now .... my money is on him not giving an tupenny fúck about football in this country.

zinedineontour
10/07/2006, 9:10 PM

me for one ! booked to see first game of season at coventry alredy .. delighted they coming over here .. Big Sam been linked with manager job today

BohDiddley
10/07/2006, 9:15 PM
spend 300euro heading over to sunderland :eek:

Roverstillidie
10/07/2006, 9:30 PM
me for one ! booked to see first game of season at coventry alredy .. delighted they coming over here .. Big Sam been linked with manager job today

you were telling the world last week it was MO'N's job!!!

fair play shels, take him and the other barstoolers to the cleaners.

zinedineontour
10/07/2006, 9:33 PM
you were telling the world last week it was MO'N's job!!!

fair play shels, take him and the other barstoolers to the cleaners.

yeah from what i know he turned the club down sadly .. Yeah barstooler who goes to see shels all home and few away games .. yep barstooler .

pineapple stu
10/07/2006, 9:45 PM
It's all a conspiracy - Quinny and Ollie are best friends which has led to this friendly and which has led to the Ollie-puppet putting Quinn on the panel to pick the clubs Ollie wants to play against next season! Everything fits! :eek:

Anto McC
10/07/2006, 9:46 PM
Damn!!!!

I was hoping you wouldn't foil Ollie's evil plan untill it was too late!
Fair play Pinapple Stu,there is no flies on you thats for sure :D

el punter
10/07/2006, 10:06 PM
I dont think its too much a stretch of the imagination that it may have been pointed out to Quinner that Shels are having big money problems and could do with a decent gate which a Premiership team might bring?

Roverstillidie
10/07/2006, 11:41 PM
I dont think its too much a stretch of the imagination that it may have been pointed out to Quinner that Shels are having big money problems and could do with a decent gate which a Premiership team might bring?

have I missed something?

el punter
11/07/2006, 12:00 AM
have I missed something?

Nope, I have.

I would apologize for my error, but I'm actually quite pleased my knowledge of the English game has deteriorated to such a degree that I don't know which division Sunderland are in. WOO-HOOO

sligoman
11/07/2006, 12:10 AM
For once wont have to spend 300euro heading over to sunderland for onceDid you spend that going over to Denmark for Shels Intertoto game?:confused:.

higgins
11/07/2006, 12:26 AM

Well Im actually looking forward to seeing Shels play

Roverstillidie
11/07/2006, 12:27 AM
Nope, I have.

I would apologize for my error, but I'm actually quite pleased my knowledge of the English game has deteriorated to such a degree that I don't know which division Sunderland are in. WOO-HOOO

im with you there, had to do a google to see what division the new plaything of that gaa man is

dcfcsteve
11/07/2006, 12:36 AM
Happy days . For once wont have to spend 300euro heading over to sunderland for once .. on the 24th july

ZZ - out of genuine curiousity, how do/can you identify with Sunderland ?

BohsPartisan
11/07/2006, 7:56 AM
300 quid? Does Ollie arrange tours or something? Thats outrageous. I go to the odd Everton game and usually pay 40 to 60 euro for my return flight plus £26 stg for my match ticket, another 20 for drinking and chips avec cheese and onion pie (the pie is the real reason I still go!) and thats it.

Tenderloins
11/07/2006, 9:26 AM
Have Sunderland fans hounding me about where to get tickets. I presume it wont be all ticket?

Dee75
11/07/2006, 9:37 AM
They'll probably send a bucket around at half time for a collection to be divided between both teams to help with the bills!!!!:p

Ash
11/07/2006, 9:45 AM
With Shels in financial bother (apparently) Quinn is probably just using
the game to see if theres any players he can pick up on the cheap

Dodge
11/07/2006, 9:49 AM
€300 for a Sunderland game!!! You could get 3 nights in Barcelona with direct flights and top grade tickets for less than that. Jeesh, some of you premiership/championship (where's the puke smiley) fans are mugs...

In other news, if Sunderland win does that mean Shels don't qualify for the Delaney League?

Jerry The Saint
11/07/2006, 9:52 AM
Shels will be the only Premiership team playing in that game!:D :eek:

Does this mean that they're doing Sunderland a favour:confused:

drinkfeckarse
11/07/2006, 3:13 PM
See my Sig

Are you deliberately spelling his name wrong Anto? Seriously, just in case I've missed something!

reder
11/07/2006, 4:46 PM
I think its just a pre-season friendly, no hidden agenda, there will be no sell out crowd for Shels. Shels will have their usual support and a couple of hundred hardcore mackens will be there. Perhaps a few extra might show up.

As for the guy who spends €300 going to Sunderland, presume that includes return flight from Newcastle and an overnight stay. Stadium of light is still one of the best grounds in england. Average premier league game works out at about €150 all in for me. Some home games are more expensive due to bandwagon merchants (flights go up) and some aways work out cheaper cos irish fans "dont do aways".

zinedineontour
11/07/2006, 5:55 PM
I think its just a pre-season friendly, no hidden agenda, there will be no sell out crowd for Shels. Shels will have their usual support and a couple of hundred hardcore mackens will be there. Perhaps a few extra might show up.

As for the guy who spends €300 going to Sunderland, presume that includes return flight from Newcastle and an overnight stay. Stadium of light is still one of the best grounds in england. Average premier league game works out at about €150 all in for me. Some home games are more expensive due to bandwagon merchants (flights go up) and some aways work out cheaper cos irish fans "dont do aways".

yeah was just including costs of flight, hotel , match ticket , money for food drink .. works out around 300euro each time .. And no I didnt go to Denmark was down at Oxegen **** I musnt be a true Shels fan now. Regarding my affinity with Sunderland my Dad supports them so thats the only reason.

LeixlipRed
11/07/2006, 5:59 PM
And no I didnt go to Denmark was down at Oxegen **** I musnt be a true Shels fan now.

Well Shels were playing in Denmark the weekend before Oxegen. So you might just have answered your own question there

joema
11/07/2006, 6:10 PM
www.safc.com

Sunderland official website has a piece on this match on its homepage - sorry copy and paste is disabled

Sunderland have agreed to waive any apperance fee and share of the gate as a "gesture of goodwill"

zinedineontour
11/07/2006, 7:20 PM
Well Shels were playing in Denmark the weekend before Oxegen. So you might just have answered your own question there

meant the home game ... im sure ill get slated now but dont give a **** .. All these knobs who think we should only follow the eircom league and slag you when you support an english team do my head in. Everyone to there own

Raheny Red
11/07/2006, 8:31 PM
All these knobs who think we should only follow the eircom league and slag you when you support an english team do my head in. Everyone to there own

Fair enough, but it doesn't help when you have that sort of 'tude(:p ) !!

zinedineontour
11/07/2006, 8:42 PM
Fair enough, but it doesn't help when you have that sort of 'tude(:p ) !!

Nothing against the Eircom League go to a lot of games myself and was a season ticket holder at shels for many years but the atmosphere in england and the passion of the fans is way beyond what we have hear. Just wish some people would stop spouting out all this barstooler ****e just cause people go to England for games.

Roverstillidie
11/07/2006, 8:45 PM
Nothing against the Eircom League go to a lot of games myself and was a season ticket holder at shels for many years but the atmosphere in england and the passion of the fans is way beyond what we have hear. Just wish some people would stop spouting out all this barstooler ****e just cause people go to England for games.

if it was about atmosphere you could fly to Milan, Rome or Prague with Ryanair for less

pineapple stu
11/07/2006, 8:45 PM
the atmosphere in england and the passion of the fans is way beyond what we have here.
Hardly surprising when people will go to England to watch a game rather than go to a game here?!

zinedineontour
11/07/2006, 8:54 PM
Hardly surprising when people will go to England to watch a game rather than go to a game here?!

Any why is that ??

zinedineontour
11/07/2006, 8:55 PM
if it was about atmosphere you could fly to Milan, Rome or Prague with Ryanair for less

atmosphere and passion and why would people want to fly to milan rome say when Anyone Irish at a decent level is playing in England and have for many years .

pineapple stu
11/07/2006, 8:56 PM
Any why is that ??
Kind of hard to have atmosphere at matches if people are happy to go to English games instead.

If you're not part of the solution...

Roverstillidie
11/07/2006, 9:33 PM
atmosphere and passion and why would people want to fly to milan rome say when Anyone Irish at a decent level is playing in England and have for many years .

ole ole ole ole.

why go to rome or milan when you can go to sunderland?

dont forget the leprechaun suit!!!

Dodge
11/07/2006, 9:54 PM
Just for the record, every game I've been at in England has had a ****e atmosphere. MAybe you should support someone other than Shels if their atmosphere isn't good enough

Roverstillidie
11/07/2006, 10:03 PM
Kind of hard to have atmosphere at matches if people are happy to go to English games instead.

If you're not part of the solution...

we do ok, dont drag us all down to your level

A face
12/07/2006, 12:17 AM
meant the home game ... im sure ill get slated now but dont give a **** .. All these knobs who think we should only follow the eircom league and slag you when you support an english team do my head in. Everyone to there own

eL fans will say the same about barstoolers. They will equally think they have a valid opinion, look at the arguments that are being made instead of jumping to the defensive straight away.

Just for the record, every game I've been at in England has had a ****e atmosphere. MAybe you should support someone other than Shels if their atmosphere isn't good enough

I have to agree to be honest, but its partly to do with their rules (no standing, singing, cursing, etc. is some grounds) and i understand that, and the reasons why etc. but then to claim that its 'out of this world' is a huge let down.