PDA

View Full Version : What did he say?

A face
10/07/2006, 12:34 PM
What exactly did Materazzi say to Zidane ?? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am4q6jEJi4A&search=zidane%20headbutt)

Anyone care to hazard a guess ??

Billsthoughts
10/07/2006, 12:36 PM
"How do quadriplegics open doors?"

*from football365

Jerry The Saint
10/07/2006, 1:14 PM
Despite not being a huge success during his time at Goodison, Marco "The Matrix" Materazzi still follows Everton closely. If you look closely at that clip you can make out the words

"It's just like watching Kilbane"

crc
10/07/2006, 1:15 PM
Mais pourquoi, mais pourquoi? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Z_pNWjQbE)
The French commentator just can't understand it. (Nor can I, TBH)

osarusan
10/07/2006, 1:31 PM
"bet you a world cup medal you won't headbutt me right now"

Dodge
10/07/2006, 1:36 PM
http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=497208&postcount=84

A face
10/07/2006, 1:43 PM
"Even tho you hava shave-ed your-a head, i cana still a see yarra baldy patch" :eek:

osarusan
10/07/2006, 2:12 PM
Seriously, what did he say????

If Materazzi had said someting offensive, or worse, racist, I think we'd have heard about it from the French.

If Zidane reacted to nothing in particular, I'm sure Materazzi would be making statements to clear his name.

Some people think it was a nipple tweak, but surely Zidane, with all his experience, wouldn't react so.

Whatever was said (if anything), it doesnt excuse\explain\justify Zidanes actions.

strangeirish
10/07/2006, 2:22 PM
"Are you that fella on Gatecrasher?"

Block G Raptor
10/07/2006, 2:35 PM
"I'll a make u an offer you cant a refuse a. Headabutt me now or find a horses head ina your bed" Zidane took offense at his wife being called a horse !!

$Leon$
10/07/2006, 2:41 PM
Today FM had it this morning that it was all over Materazzi pinching Zidane's nipple which is the ultimate insult to a man from Zidane's peoples tribe in Algeria and that Materazzi threw in a bit of anti-muslim comments to push Zidane over the edge

BrayUnknowns
10/07/2006, 2:47 PM
heard it was something to do with Jean Varraud, who was Zidane's first trainer and he considers him as his second father. He died a while back, Matterzai was supposed to have said "I Hope Jean suffered"

Who knows ?

Jerry The Saint
10/07/2006, 3:40 PM
"I'll a make u an offer you cant a refuse a. Headabutt me now or find a horses head ina your bed" Zidane took offense at his wife being called a horse !!

He said he was going to put a horse's blanket in his bed. Imagine that, waking up with the wrong kind of blanket...

pete
10/07/2006, 4:23 PM
Its unfair to accuse Materazzi of racism without any proof.

Materazzi has been a relevation in the World Cup & is supposed to have matured a lot in recent years. Even in the final he was invloved in everything - apparently gives away a penalty - score the equaliser - almost scores a lead goal - Zidane incident - cracking penalty in shoot out.

$Leon$
10/07/2006, 4:30 PM
Its unfair to accuse Materazzi of racism without any proof.

I'm not trying to accuse him of racism. I was just reporting a theorey I heard on the radio this morning. To be honest I don't know if Paul Collins was taking the pi$$, sometimes it's hard to tell.
I think it'll be a while before the truth comes out if it ever will. we'll probably have to wait until Zidane writes an autobiography.
What ever Materazzi said was obviously hurtfull to Zidane but I think a player of Zidanes caliber should have known better to react the way he did. I'm sure this wasn't the first time in his career that some defender tried to wind him up.

ken foree
10/07/2006, 5:31 PM
pretty vicious materazzi comp here, i don't think it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HblsV-urHg&search=materazzi%20matrix

crc
10/07/2006, 5:42 PM
pretty vicious materazzi comp here, i don't think it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HblsV-urHg&search=materazzi%20matrix
He's a dirty muthafuka! Bloody hell! :eek:

tricky_colour
10/07/2006, 5:50 PM
"You're a good player but you're no Wayne Rooney....".

The Stars
11/07/2006, 12:55 AM
my brother sadi he was watching either Channel 4 or ITV news tonight and they had 2 Italian Lip readers in to figure it out.

Apparently Materazzi said "I fcuked your mother,the Algerian whore".

Now that seems bad enough but to make it worse Zidanes mother has been very sick and was admitted into hospital this week.
If he did say this then I think Zidane acted as anyone else would,considering the intensity of the moment and the comments made.
Also,if this is true Materazzi should get a fine and a ban.

sligoman
11/07/2006, 1:06 AM
I too heard it was some Muslim comments because of him been Algerian.

tricky_colour
11/07/2006, 2:21 AM
Something about him being the son of a whore and a terrorist I believe.
It got the response it deserved in my opinion, the sending off had no
effect on the game.
It's funny how the penalty France missed was similar to the one he scored.
both off the cross bar, his was marginally in, the other marginally out.
The difference in height must be millimetres, I must work it out sometime...

Marked Man
11/07/2006, 6:37 AM
Reminds me of an old Burt Reynolds movie (recently remade) in which the convicts had to play American football against the screws. Initially Burt wasn't having it, at which point the warden accused him of cowardice. Burt responded "What's next, you're gonna say something bad about my mother?"

I mean seriously lads, I'm not jumping on the "I've never seen anything as violent in my life" bandwagon (it wasn't that big a deal), but can we drop the whole "if he said something about Zidane's ma, that justifies everything" bit?

Ash
11/07/2006, 10:31 AM
According to football365, according to Materazzi's agent :

Materazzi's agent has also reportedly offered his own unique account
of the verbal exchange, claiming that Zidane offered to swap shirts later
and the Italian replied: "'I'd rather take the shirt off your wife."

Jerry The Saint
11/07/2006, 11:59 AM
According to football365, according to Materazzi's agent :

Materazzi's agent has also reportedly offered his own unique account
of the verbal exchange, claiming that Zidane offered to swap shirts later
and the Italian replied: "'I'd rather take the shirt off your wife."

365 also has this article which sums up the media response well:

http://www.worldcup365.com/story/0,16726,8501_1326210,00.html

ZIDANE INSULTS VARIED

Posted 11/07/06 07:57

The credibility of the lip-reading profession is in tatters this morning after at least five lip-readers provided Fleet Street's newspapers with wildly different accounts of what Marco Materazzi said to Zinedine Zidane during the World Cup final.

With neither player willing to publicly reveal what was said during their lengthy exchange before the France captain planted his head into the Italian's chest, the papers have called on lip-readers to reveal how Zidane was provoked.

Something, though, appears to have been lost in the various translations.

The Sun's lip-reader, for instance, claims that Materazzi called Zidane a "son of a terrorist whore".

Just to cover all bases, the newspaper also cites 'a source close to the Italian squad claiming that after twisting Zidane's nipple, Materazzi asked him: "What, don't you like it?" The French captain replied: "A bit too hard to turn me on." But Materazzi shouted: "Well, I did it that way because I know that's how your mother likes it."'

Not so, according to The Guardian. Their lip-reader claims that the charming Materazzi said, "I wish an ugly death to you and all your family," and then told Zidane to "go f**k yourself".

The Independent's lip-reader has a slightly different interpretation as well. 'It is alleged that Zidane responded by sarcastically telling Materazzi that he could have his shirt as a souvenir at the end of the match,' the newspaper reports. 'The Italian is alleged to have responded by saying that Zidane could keep it for his sister and then made an extremely derogatory comment about her. That version is backed up by lip-readers from the Brazilian TV channel Globo. They claim Materazzi called her a "prostitute".

Little wonder that there is such confusion when the exchange between an Italian and a French-Algerian is being translated into English via Brazil.

As for The Daily Mirror, their frontpage informs readers that 'The furious French captain attacked Marco Materazzi after the defender allegedly sneered: "All Muslims are terrorist b*****s."

'And sources claim the Italian even branded Zidane's Algerian mum Malika "a whore".'

As if that wasn't quite enough explanations to sate your curiosity, The Daily Mail reports that 'Materazzi had insulted the memory of one of Zidane's closest confidants and former coaches, Jean Varraud. The former AS Cannes coach died of cancer shortly before the tournament.'

Nor is there a consensus in Italy or France over what was said.

A number of Italian newspapers claim that Zidane insulted Materazzi's mother, with the former Everton defender saying that the Frenchman "made love to his sister".

However, Materazzi's agent has also reportedly offered his own unique account of the verbal exchange, claiming that Zidane offered to swap shirts later and the Italian replied: "'I'd rather take the shirt off your wife."

A statement from the Paris-based racism group SOS Racism had earlier insisted that Materazzi called Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'.

In his only public comment so far since Sunday's final, Materazzi denied the accusation, telling Italian news agency Ansa: "It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist. I'm ignorant. I'm ignorant - I don't even know what the word means."

Pointedly, he refused to reveal exactly what he did say, however.

Zidane's first public comments in almost a month - he refused to speak to the press after their heavy criticism of France's performance against Switzerland - are expected by the end of the week.

Proff that at least some of the lipreading "experts" are full of sh!t - and they use these guys to convict people!

RogerMilla
11/07/2006, 12:05 PM
he called him zinedine kilbane , thats enough to drive anyone wild

The Stars
11/07/2006, 7:53 PM
he called him zinedine kilbane , thats enough to drive anyone wild
Post of the month right here.

Forever Dreamin
12/07/2006, 6:25 PM
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1227544,00.html

CollegeTillIDie
12/07/2006, 7:17 PM
Well to paraphrase the Ramones " Zizou Is A Headbanger Ooh Ooh Ee!" :D

Sandro
14/07/2006, 10:22 AM
Materazzi dedicated the goal against France (see pic) to his mother Anna who died when he was a child. Materazzi gave the same name to his only daughter too. It seems stange he would insult someone else's mother like that.