PDA

View Full Version : Kabia

dalo
08/07/2002, 3:46 PM
saw poor old jason in tesco's on rory gallagher place trying to control his kid. even the 3 year old managed to be out fox him and run past him easily enough. nothing new there then

one of my mates also pointed out in reagrd to flynn that kabia score two goals against dundalk in his first game and gerry dobbs also scored on his debut for the club. so \i suppose let's not get too excited about george and john yet:D

Troy.McClure
09/07/2002, 4:01 PM
Im pretty sure that it was 2 goals against Pats in a 3-3 draw on opening day that Kibs got.

I think that the performances of players that come to Ireland dip dramatically once they are away from profesional and full-time coaching ala Kibs & Dobbs. Lets hope the same doesnt happen here. (Arent all the players who signed for the club from Ingerland + O'Grady on "fulltime" terms?)

pete
09/07/2002, 4:23 PM
I won't say all the newbie returnees are on fulltime contracts.

What you said about Kabia is absolutely correct. On his debut v Dundalk he looked like a world beater in the 3-0 demolition of dundalk too.

Things looking good but also good to keep in perspective.

Citygirl
10/07/2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
(Arent all the players who signed for the club from Ingerland + O'Grady on "fulltime" terms?)

John Andrews is on a part-time contract.....dunno about the others..

niamh
11/07/2002, 2:12 PM
I don't think anyone who's a regular at the Cross will get carried away yet. No matter how bad the season is going, City can occasionally play well and get a good result.
After a few more games we can see how the team might expect to do for real, but I think City are already three points up on those who reackoned we'd have no points after the first 4/5 matches!
Which is a good sign.