PDA

View Full Version : Kids shows

Ringo
09/07/2006, 10:57 PM
i'm re-living my childhood with my 4 year old:) . my wife has been on e-bay buying up old videos. So far he likes

The Muppets
Sesame Street
sooty
Bosco ( after my time)
Basil Brush( he's not too sure, i still like it;) )
Fraggle Rock ( after my time)

funny how somethings just live on & don't look dated, sesame street is still great:)

Raheny Red
10/07/2006, 11:45 AM
Mr. Ben what a man (pitty there was only 13 episodes made :( ) and of course the might Thomas the Tank Engine :)

Block G Raptor
10/07/2006, 12:32 PM
It's gotta Be Postman Pat for me. Still watch it if I'm flicking through the Channels and its on

Ringo
10/07/2006, 12:37 PM
He's mad about Pat & Thomas. Mr Benn was great, can't believe there was only 12 made (as if from nowhere the shopkeeper appeared:D ). My boss is a bit like that.

drinkfeckarse
10/07/2006, 12:43 PM
My small fella likes Thomas and dances away to the song at the end of it (newer episodes). Balamory and Lazy Town are 2 of his favourites also and after a while you get immune to them so I find myself watching them with him without even thinking about Sky Sports News.

Ringo
10/07/2006, 2:07 PM
My small fella likes Thomas and dances away to the song at the end of it (newer episodes). Balamory and Lazy Town are 2 of his favourites also and after a while you get immune to them so I find myself watching them with him without even thinking about Sky Sports News.
You'd want to be on acid to watch Lazytown:eek:
My wife brought him to see the Wiggles live last week

drinkfeckarse
10/07/2006, 3:01 PM
Ah the Wiggles, now he REALLY loves them and he's only 17 months old! I've seen a couple of their episodes where they are playing live and the crowds are huge. They must make a fortune as I read somewhere before that they were all studying child something or other at college together and that the concept is theirs.

Always get the feeling when I watch it that when they go home they want to top themselves, they must feel ridiculous....

pete
10/07/2006, 4:14 PM
The Muppets are ageless & Frangle Rock was good too.

I think some other irish stuff like Bosco & Wanderly Wagon would age badly.

Ringo
10/07/2006, 4:21 PM
Ah the Wiggles, now he REALLY loves them and he's only 17 months old! I've seen a couple of their episodes where they are playing live and the crowds are huge. They must make a fortune as I read somewhere before that they were all studying child something or other at college together and that the concept is theirs.

Always get the feeling when I watch it that when they go home they want to top themselves, they must feel ridiculous....

http://www.thewiggles.com.au/about/thewiggles.html

So nothing is left out, let's start at the very beginning!
Anthony Field, Murray Cook and Greg Page met while studying Early Childhood Education at Sydney's Macquarie University. The three began writing children's songs as one of their music projects. They enlisted the assistance of Jeff Fatt, who played with Anthony in the popular 1980's band The Cockroaches, and The Wiggles were born. The Wiggles took the finished tape to ABC Music, who released a self-titled album in 1991.

First
12/07/2006, 8:58 AM
Was anybody else a little freaked out by these 4. I used to sit up and have breakfast with my daughter and watch them every morning before work. I found them a little distrubing and often found myself heading to work in a weird trance like state. I still get a little shiver if I even here a squeak from them.

PaulB
18/07/2006, 11:58 AM
Bagpuss, Paddington Bear, but agree Mr. ben was a classic..

babydol
19/07/2006, 8:37 AM
My son is afraid of the wiggles - Captain feathersword freaks him out! He loves Barney (killer) but its gotta be thomas and Bob the builder! They are so cool!

Lionel Ritchie
19/07/2006, 11:11 AM
My 1 year old likes Balamory (sings along with the theme tune -well the BAAA LAAA MOH REEEE bits at any rate -in key and on que!!!)

He also finds Basil Brush very funny.

That Lazy Town thing is very annoying and is, I believe, a grooming excercise to get my kid into Venga Boys style knacker dance pop.:mad:

Cbeebies generally is very good though.

The production values on Big Cook, Little Cook would at times make the producers of Wanderly Wagon blush. At times it's also hard not to suspect they're trying to turn a generation gay!!! :eek:

Big cook is fflllllllllllllllllllaming!!!:D

noby
20/07/2006, 7:29 AM
I'll have nothing bad said about Big Cook Little Cook. Very popular in our house. At times it's almost like the kids program that Vic & Bob never made.

Block G Raptor
20/07/2006, 2:04 PM
Was watching Button Moon last night with my fiancee's 5 year old god the memories !! shear Class an entire show made out of kitchen utensils and empty food containers the producers must have been huge Blue Peter fans

osarusan
20/07/2006, 4:56 PM
anybody remember fortycoats?

strangeirish
20/07/2006, 4:59 PM
anybody remember fortycoats?

LOL...The Flying Tuck shop?:o

Metrostars
20/07/2006, 6:15 PM
Was anybody else a little freaked out by these 4. I used to sit up and have breakfast with my daughter and watch them every morning before work. I found them a little distrubing and often found myself heading to work in a weird trance like state. I still get a little shiver if I even here a squeak from them.

I dunno, watching the wiggles while eating breakfast? Dodgy.

My son was big into for about a year, went to one of their concerts, they put on a good show for kids. But when my son turned 4, he was over them. I read somewhere they are the highest entertainment earners from Austrailia, Nicole Kidman excluded.

First
21/07/2006, 12:28 PM
I brought my little one to Barney once and at least 90% of the kids in the audience where so freaked out by him they cried the whole way through the show. They always say you should never meet your heroes as they may let you down.

The Stars
21/07/2006, 12:37 PM
Balamory is a class show.
used to watch it a lot but not really during the summer.
some of the characters on it are either mentally ill or 5 years old trapped in a 30year olds body.
Archie the Inventor is my personla favourite.IN his house he has a robot which he built himself that does all the housework for him but when it comes to making stuff for the children all he does is stick a few plastic bottles and some cardboard together.he can do better and we all know it.