PDA

View Full Version : RTE end of World Cup Montage

joema
09/07/2006, 9:45 PM
Thought the montage at the end of the program tonight was brilliant. Hopefully it will be up on youtube soon

jockser
09/07/2006, 10:00 PM
:D deadly

IsMiseSean
09/07/2006, 10:10 PM
Agreed, I thought it was top class

joema
09/07/2006, 10:13 PM
The montage on BBC was muck - just like their analysis all tournament

Block G Raptor
10/07/2006, 9:29 AM
Was Good allrite. Anyone remember the one they did for 2002 where they showed every goal(was really well put together). They used to show it everynight when RTE1 was closing down. Beats the National Anthem anyday

tetsujin1979
10/07/2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah, they played Feeder's just a day over it, top tune.

$Leon$
10/07/2006, 11:36 AM
Haven't seen the montage your talking about but going on RTE's past performances in this area I'm looking forward to it.
As mentioned the WC 2002 montage with the Feeder song was top notch, They always seem to choose the right music for their adds.
Just look at their WC 2006 preview montage with the graffitti, the world cup legends and the great music.
Olympics, GAA, F1 you name it what ever sport RTE have they have a top notch add to go with it. I even like the current add for RTE sport with all their sports presenters sitting on stage in a theatre talking.
Come to think of it the vast majority of RTE's inhouse adds are good. There was a really good add on last week for last nights Net2 programming. They had seemlessly blended Fr. Ted, Lost and I think Scrubs.

PS I have not links what so ever to RTE or anybody that works there.

A face
10/07/2006, 12:03 PM
Can anyone not help thinking "Why dont they put that kind of effort into our own footie??" ...... does it go someway to highlight their little self imposed inferiority complex which is absurd to say the least given they are our National Broadcaster.

The quality of their montage illustrates the ability is actually there, and it heralds their attitude towards their own domestic league and their disgraceful display of contempt that they play out for football here from one world cup to the next.

To see this attitude illuminate itself on our screens like that demonstrates what an embarrassment they are to Irish fans. Instead of pioneering and spearheading the attributes of the domestic game, they sheepishly and shamefully opt out at every opportunity.

We all should play our part aswell in recognising that and never forgetting it, the crime they commit against the Irish game week in week out.

Billsthoughts
10/07/2006, 12:06 PM
even rocky needs a montage.....

tetsujin1979
10/07/2006, 12:44 PM
I even like the current add for RTE sport with all their sports presenters sitting on stage in a theatre talking.
The bit when George Hamilton mentions "danger here" is classic, in a self deprecating kind of way.

pete
10/07/2006, 2:42 PM
The RTE advert with the sports presenters talking to each other is muck however the montage last night was top class & tunes were well choosen including a Totty Watch inspired section. The voice overs on the pundits was hilarious too. The sexy men joke top class.

el punter
10/07/2006, 8:42 PM
Can anyone not help thinking "Why dont they put that kind of effort into our own footie??" ...... does it go someway to highlight their little self imposed inferiority complex which is absurd to say the least given they are our National Broadcaster.

The quality of their montage illustrates the ability is actually there, and it heralds their attitude towards their own domestic league and their disgraceful display of contempt that they play out for football here from one world cup to the next.

To see this attitude illuminate itself on our screens like that demonstrates what an embarrassment they are to Irish fans. Instead of pioneering and spearheading the attributes of the domestic game, they sheepishly and shamefully opt out at every opportunity.

We all should play our part aswell in recognising that and never forgetting it, the crime they commit against the Irish game week in week out.

A very fair shout A Face, and one I second wholeheartedly

thejollyrodger
10/07/2006, 8:47 PM
i missed the montage. Is it online anywhere ?

strangeirish
11/07/2006, 2:22 PM
Can't find RTE's yet, but here is the U.S. one (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cHRcyPdo8nQ&feature=Favorites&page=3&t=t&f=b) from ABC. Don't fear, it's not that bad actually. Excellent editing.

NeilMcD
11/07/2006, 2:38 PM
Great version of U2's one also. U2 always improve on their album tracks with their live offerings in my view.

tetsujin1979
12/07/2006, 7:28 AM
The BBC's montage is available on a bittorrent site. still not sure of the site policy on torrents, so pm me if you want a link

CollegeTillIDie
12/07/2006, 7:38 AM
Stephen Alkin, didn't even notice that Huth wasn't playing for 10-15 minutes of the 3rd/4th place match on Saturday.
Robert Huth was injured in the warm up and was replaced by Jens Nowotny. The team shown on the continuous botto of screen caption continued to show Huth in the team right through the first half.....
It was nice to see they don't reserve incompetence for EL commentaries!

Ash
12/07/2006, 10:46 AM
The RTE advert with the sports presenters talking to each other is muck

Definately, especially with Joe Brolly saying "I cant even go for a cup
of coffee with friends without scribbling down tactics on a napkin"

What a load of horse sh!te, if he's at that lark I doubt he has friends
to have a coffee with :p

thejollyrodger
12/07/2006, 11:21 AM
by the way , how come no Eircom League manager was on the telly for the World Cup ?? it was another disgrace

Dodge
12/07/2006, 11:23 AM
by the way , how come no Eircom League manager was on the telly for the World Cup ?? it was another disgrace
Because none of them have international experience. Not a disgrace, get over it.

*Oh and if our manager was taking time off to commentate on the world cup I'd be annoyed

$Leon$
12/07/2006, 12:54 PM
how come no Eircom League manager was on the telly for the World Cup ?? it was another disgrace

Do you really think that the likes of Pat Dolan or Roddy Collins would have held their own beside such former players as Giles, Brady and Souness?
I think the eL manager who could possibly come across the best would be Pat Fenlon but what experience has he of world football? At least Dunphy has been writing about it for years. Souness, Irwin and Cunningham have all been to world cups as players. Brady and Giles both should have played at world cups. If there was a thread on "Best players never to make a World Cup" these two would on top of the list.

Dodge
12/07/2006, 1:46 PM
Behind Best presumeably. Dolan could probably hold his own. Have no idea where you're getting the idea that fenlon would be any use though

$Leon$
13/07/2006, 9:49 AM
Behind Best presumeably. Dolan could probably hold his own. Have no idea where you're getting the idea that fenlon would be any use though

Obviously Best would be top of that list.
I think Pat Dolan would have turned RTE's coverage into a joke. Most people here and from those that I have spoken to about World Cup coverage believe RTE's was the best. I know we complain about Giles bringing everything back to Priemership Players and football. I don't necessarly agree with him doing this but the Priemership had the largest percentage of players at the world cup with Arsenal and Chelsea being the two teams that contributed most players to the World Cup. Brady did also chip in with his knowledge of Italian football with helped in some way to balance the coverage.
We all know that Pat Dolan is a big eL fan. Do we honestly want to hear Pat before a game talking about current and former eL players such as Stern John?
As for the Pat Fenlon comment I have seen him do a few interviews and I thought he came across well. Can't say I've seen much of him not big eL fan. If you think differently about him i'm sure your right.

pete
13/07/2006, 9:54 AM
Rico would be good too as Dunphy wouldn't be able to understand the big words.

Dr. Ogba
13/07/2006, 10:05 AM
Jaysus was unfortunate enough to catch Roddy Collins giving his views sometime during the WC....As with most things on TV3 it was absolutely painful viewing and his "expert opinions" were nothing short of a joke...

joema
15/07/2006, 4:39 PM
Here is link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ilx0Ujn8Q

thejollyrodger
15/07/2006, 6:51 PM
thanks for the link Joema.

thought the 2002 montage was better though

$Leon$
15/07/2006, 7:38 PM
thought the 2002 montage was better though

Have to agree with you there alright.
It was good but not as good as the 2002 one with the feeder track.
Best bit was the clips of the lads in the studio.

joema
16/07/2006, 12:46 AM
Yeah the 2002 was better but still I thought this one was fantastic - best bit - Liam Brady - "USA" :D :D :D

sligoman
16/07/2006, 1:11 AM
Yeah, they played Feeder's just a day over it, top tune.I'll never forget that. Whenever I hear that song now I always think of us been knocked out by Spain:(.

Superhoops
16/07/2006, 10:42 AM
Have to agree with you there alright.
It was good but not as good as the 2002 one with the feeder track.
Best bit was the clips of the lads in the studio.
Apart from Dunphy talking his usual sh*te!

joema
17/07/2006, 2:55 AM
Anyone know the name of the first song on the montage? - The song before filthy gorgeous

gustavo
17/07/2006, 10:25 AM
Anyone know the name of the first song on the montage? - The song before filthy gorgeous
Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

joema
17/07/2006, 11:09 AM
Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Cheers

joema
18/07/2006, 2:30 PM
In the clip Gilles and Souness are in the stitches laughing, does anyone remember why?

strangeirish
18/07/2006, 3:06 PM
Just found these (http://bluefoot.tv/movie.html) high quality video montages. You'll just have to try and ignore the US commentary in the Pre-World Cup final one.

joema
18/07/2006, 6:41 PM
Just found these (http://bluefoot.tv/movie.html) high quality video montages. You'll just have to try and ignore the US commentary in the Pre-World Cup final one.

The commentary makesw it seem like a movie trailer! Good clip though

Clyngfilm
22/07/2006, 2:36 AM
Does anyone have the RTE montage from the end of the WC in 2002, I probably saw it back then but just cant remeber and would like to have a look at it again, had a look around youtube for it but couldn't find it, anyone have it?

joema
22/07/2006, 8:44 AM
Does anyone have the RTE montage from the end of the WC in 2002, I probably saw it back then but just cant remeber and would like to have a look at it again, had a look around youtube for it but couldn't find it, anyone have it?

No, try emai them at info@rte.ie