PDA

View Full Version : An absolute joke in Bray...

Poor Student
09/07/2006, 7:16 PM
Not the result. I got.....sun burned!:confused:

pineapple stu
09/07/2006, 10:45 PM
So did I! :eek:

Also, the result was a joke.

BrayUnknowns
10/07/2006, 10:04 AM
So did I! :eek:

Also, the result was a joke.

Thats a 1st ! :D

Result was probably fair IMO. Very very poor game, both sides were shocking. The only thing i would moan about if i was a ucd fan / player is the ref not sending off Mick Roche for his tackle in the 1st half on Hurley, absolutey shocking, and on the same note the only thing i could moan about is UCD's goal, the ucd man played collie james and not the man before slipping it though to Sammon to score. Delighted for Doyler to get his 1st league goal for us. Think the pressure we put on UCD for the last 15/20 minutes was good and deserved a goal.

Poor Student
10/07/2006, 10:15 AM
In the first half Bray were woeful. I put it down to our wind advantage but in the second half we seemed to have no trouble getting forward against the wind. Bray had a decent spell towards the end of the game but I felt we deserved the win. But that's what you get for not putting the game beyond your opponents. Doyle was giving it loads after he scored. The first player in history to bother to taunt the UCD away support? Man, I'm actually quite ill after the game. Burns on arms, neck, face. The next time I go there you'll have a covered stand, thank God (though we'll probably be back to needed it to fend off the cutting arctic winds).

BrayUnknowns
10/07/2006, 10:27 AM
yeah we were woeful and the wind was shocking ! it did'nt help that we did'nt have a goal keeper who actually can't kick the ball, how can a footballer not be able to kick the a ball ? the difference was that Quigely could kick the ball..... I think the goal was UCD's 1st shot that actually hit the target and they had only 1 other good chance when the sub that came on for UCD (No. 14 ?) shot direct at O'Connor.

I highly doubt that Doyler intended to taunt the UCD fans, an absolutely massive weight off his shoulder, it's been a long tim coming, i think it was just sheer happiness on his part

Poor Student
10/07/2006, 10:33 AM
yeah we were woeful and the wind was shocking ! it did'nt help that we did'nt have a goal keeper who actually can't kick the ball, how can a footballer not be able to kick the a ball ? the difference was that Quigely could kick the ball..... I think the goal was UCD's 1st shot that actually hit the target and they had only 1 other good chance when the sub that came on for UCD (No. 14 ?) shot direct at O'Connor.

I highly doubt that Doyler intended to taunt the UCD fans, an absolutely massive weight off his shoulder, it's been a long tim coming, i think it was just sheer happiness on his part

Yeah, I always feel kicking is a strong point of Quigley's game. Skippy's kicks kept landing inside your half, put you under constant pressure. We had enough of the play to have put they game beyond Bray. The Bray goal was a c0ck up by Quigley but you can't fault Doyle for putting it on target. I swear to you, he came over to take the p1ss out of us. He had some psycho look in his eyes, cupped his ears and then did a little jig! It's a pity, he's a shadow of the player he was in his Belfield days. I still reckon he's the most entertaining player I ever watched in the blue.

pineapple stu
10/07/2006, 12:45 PM
Result was probably fair IMO.
Have to disagree (as do the Irish Times and eleven-a-side in their reports). UCD were the better of two not-very-great sides and did enough to warrant the three points. Unfortunately, though, games aren't decided on what you do enough to do, but on what you do.

I think the goal was UCD's 1st shot that actually hit the target and they had only 1 other good chance.
Derek Doyle and Conor Sammon both forced good saves out of O'Connor in the first half; Sammon was tackled well in the box from a good position just before Kavanagh (no 14), Cawley (I think) was just over from inside his own half, Sammon caused the Bray defence problems all game and that's just what I can remember off the top of my head. Bray's shots were a Robbie Doyle shot on the turn and the goal, one of which was dealt with easily and the other should have been dealt with easily.

Definitely two points dropped from our point of view, and a free point for youz. But that's football...

BrayUnknowns
10/07/2006, 2:20 PM
[QUOTE=pineapple stu]Unfortunately, though, games aren't decided on what you do enough to do, but on what you do.
[QUOTE]

Well thats what i would agree on ! same could be said for us away against Longford and at home to Drogheda last week. Felt we did enough to get something out of both games but football aint like that.....

Just thought on the 90 minutes both sides had spells, UCD were far better in the 1st half but Bray were better in the 2nd half, especially the last 20 when nearly all the play was in the UCD half.

On a note away from the match, UCD are always a team i've liked, the try and get the ball down and play real football, that with note a penny to spend on players. The Scolarship scheme is fantastic for them, without it UCD probably would have folded.

Student Mullet
10/07/2006, 2:24 PM
There was no choice but to keep the ball down playing into that wind.

UCD lost the points when we didn't score in the first half. The wind kept Bray from going forward and the fact that we didn't take advantage is what left us exposed to a late goal.

BrayUnknowns
10/07/2006, 2:34 PM
What was really worrying for me was the fight O'Connor and McGovern had on the pitch in the 2nd half. I don't know what was said but it was very heated, O'Connor should not have reacted the way he did, absolutely no way to talk to your captain.

braysnumber1
10/07/2006, 2:49 PM
very bad game. total lack of quality from both sides and the referee. bray need something big to happen quickly if there to get out of this mess. hopefully we can start beating a couple of the teams around us ie home farm etc.
me feels big change needed in the club..................
oh and as far as sunday home matches go i think their pathetic, absolutly hate them

Eoingull
11/07/2006, 12:53 AM
It was another poor performance from the Wanderers. UCD would have deserved the three points...still, I'm grateful for small mercies. We are absolutely clueless in attack...the tactic of the day seemed to be to bring the ball out to the sideline, and look to cross it in for a forward that wasn't there. I don't know what the solution is.

superfrank
11/07/2006, 7:47 AM
I though UCD deserved three points in a very poor game. I think Skippy's kicking wasn't helped by the wind and it's pretty stupid to get on his back for the quality of his kicking in those conditions. As for Doyler, he has every right tto celebrate like that especially after the stick the UCD fans gave him i.e. "fat". He's not fat and some of the UCD fans can hardly talk on that front, imo.

PS, I feel your pain. I got sunburnt on my face too.

Poor Student
11/07/2006, 11:48 AM
As for Doyler, he has every right tto celebrate like that especially after the stick the UCD fans gave him i.e. "fat". He's not fat and some of the UCD fans can hardly talk on that front, imo.

I thought the taunts only game afterwards, not that I taunted him myself, I was too shattered.;)

PS, I feel your pain. I got sunburnt on my face too.

Not used to the afternoon matches either, you tend to feel immune due to the evening games.

To be fair Frank, Quigley seemed to be having a lot more joy kicking into the same wind. My thoughts in the first half were that you should have played it short from the back.

jonboy
11/07/2006, 12:12 PM
It was another poor performance from the Wanderers. UCD would have deserved the three points...still, I'm grateful for small mercies. We are absolutely clueless in attack...the tactic of the day seemed to be to bring the ball out to the sideline, and look to cross it in for a forward that wasn't there. I don't know what the solution is.

i agree totally, every ball in the 2nd half was booted in to the right corner for doyle to chase the left side was obsolete and doyle is so predictable he made it easy for the defenders i havent seen us trying to play ball once since tony took over and we look very unfit maybe devo wasn't that bad after all......

BrayUnknowns
11/07/2006, 1:43 PM
yeah some of the players are'nt up to scratch fitness wise, not all of them thou.

Bray Head
11/07/2006, 3:45 PM
yeah some of the players are'nt up to scratch fitness wise, not all of them thou.

I though Damien Duff's brother was supposed to be the fitness coach. The lack of fitness on some players behalf would explain all the late goals conceded recently.

BrayUnknowns
11/07/2006, 4:04 PM
yeah he is and in fairness he has taken them on leaps and bounds since he started, but fo some reason some of them are looking sluggish. Cut out the booze is what i say !

Brayhead101
12/07/2006, 1:13 PM
In Fairness to Duffer, most of the fitness work is done pre-season and not mid-season, so any fitness problems is down to training techniques and players themselves.

Bray's tactics are up there bhind at mo, proved that in game against Drogs, Doolin made his changes after game was not going his way, got the goal, Bray had lost momentum well before that, Mcguirk didn't change system or make changes untill last 4 minutes, what where they meant to do in that time, they are no come back kings like Man u in 99. Says alot for a team's midfield and Defense when a striker, who's being played out of position all season had to make one last ditch tackle to saved a goal and then do enough to put drogs player off to save another, where was Foxy, tresson etc.

Doesn't really matter who you have in the team when your forced to play to the way Mcguirk, eddie Gormless and Co have been telling the players since they took control. Alot of the Mgnt team were Devo's Yes boys, and have to step up to mark otherwise Bray will be playing first division football after next season.

Not a great sign when team is conceding goals from basic errors, especially from experienced players. Think like this forum bray need to have a clear the air, get the sh8te out in the open and then go from their.

don't think its going to get better untill certain players and Mcguirks attitudes change, this golden boys club where certain player do not get dropped reardless of form which existed under Devo maybe continuing under this management.

As for Robbie Doyle celebrations, who cares, was his first league goal this season, any player who hadn't scored in while would probably celebrate in a simular way, and if he was having taunt so what, We give players enough stick when we want so sometimes got to taste our own medicine, provided it was in good taste, common guys educated dudes like you shouldn't be getting upset so easily especially as you are no angels yourself
:cool:
PS Nivea visage aftersoon might work wonders for you sunburn so the girlfriend says anyway:)

BrayUnknowns
12/07/2006, 3:23 PM
Agree with a lot of what your saying there.....

[QUOTE=Brayhead101]In Fairness to Duffer, most of the fitness work is done pre-season and not mid-season, so any fitness problems is down to training techniques and players themselves.[QUOTE]

A lot of the lads are fairly fond of a pint or ten, does'nt help what so ever. I know there entitled to go out and relax but ya see them absolutely smashed some nights.....

[QUOTE=Brayhead101]Bray's tactics are up there bhind at mo, proved that in game against Drogs, Doolin made his changes after game was not going his way, got the goal.[QUOTE]

Well that goal was down our lack of concentration, We had 3 or 4 chances to clear the ball. Daz had loads of time but tried to be smart and cut back inside when he should have put the ball on the dart line. Skippy should have let Giffy know to clear it but let it run accross him and Weso was far to slow to react and played it back into the path of Keegan.

[QUOTE=Brayhead101] Says alot for a team's midfield and Defense when a striker, who's being played out of position all season had to make one last ditch tackle to saved a goal and then do enough to put drogs player off to save another, where was Foxy, tresson etc.[QUOTE]

Superb tackle alright, but thats our problem, so many of the players are'nt putting the effotr in, which means the players who are trying (they might not be playing great but they are trying !) are having to do other peoples job on the pitch which in turn means we loose out on a lot of posession in midfield. Think the major one was when Doyle had to to all of Zayed's work for him, he was up front last Sunday but still ended up tracking back 90 yards and ending up in the wrong end of the pitch, that needs to stop !

[QUOTE=Brayhead101]Doesn't really matter who you have in the team when your forced to play to the way Mcguirk, eddie Gormless and Co have been telling the players since they took control. Alot of the Mgnt team were Devo's Yes boys, and have to step up to mark otherwise Bray will be playing first division football after next season.[QUOTE]

Thats the strange thing, when Devo was in charge last season and had to take time out for the hip op, McGuirk took over, Bray actually started to play FOOTBALL, the ball was kept on the deck and we actually played a lot of decent stuff. But, for some reason it's all changed with him now, long ball every time, we have'nt got the players for that style so can't understand why he persists. Like we actuaslly have some players who can get it down and pass the ball - Caffo, Doyler, James, Pip, Tarzan and D. Tyrrell are all great footballers and can pass the ball. We need to start playing to our strengths and stop just going out to try and cancel other teams hoping for a draw or to snatch a win

[QUOTE=Brayhead101]Not a great sign when team is conceding goals from basic errors, especially from experienced players. Think like this forum bray need to have a clear the air, get the sh8te out in the open and then go from their.[QUOTE]

Thats our main problem, we make to many basic errors. The concentration levels are shocking. The club defo need to get in a sports physcologist to help with this, it's a major factor into our declin this season compared to last year.

[QUOTE=Brayhead101]don't think its going to get better untill certain players and Mcguirks attitudes change, this golden boys club where certain player do not get dropped reardless of form which existed under Devo maybe continuing under this management.[QUOTE]

A lot of player need to take a long hard look at themselves with the way thay have been preforming thi season, there experienced oplayer and know what needs to be done. Attitudes need to be changed and preformance levels need to be severely upped.

Poor Student
12/07/2006, 10:12 PM
As for Robbie Doyle celebrations, who cares, was his first league goal this season, any player who hadn't scored in while would probably celebrate in a simular way, and if he was having taunt so what, We give players enough stick when we want so sometimes got to taste our own medicine, provided it was in good taste, common guys educated dudes like you shouldn't be getting upset so easily especially as you are no angels yourself
:cool:

Fair enough, hope Doyler can recapture the old magic.

PS Nivea visage aftersoon might work wonders for you sunburn so the girlfriend says anyway

Lol, cheers.;) My left arm is still raw red!:eek:

Stevo Da Gull
13/07/2006, 12:18 AM
UCD had the better of most of the game and will obviously feel very agrieved at not taking all 3 points, however in football its always the case that if you cant kill a team off with a second goal then they are always going to be in with a shout, and we got our goal. We did'nt play well but got something from the game , we've got to move on and up our performances.

DmanDmythDledge
13/07/2006, 12:24 AM
UCD had the better of most of the game and will obviously feel very agrieved at not taking all 3 points, however in football its always the case that if you cant kill a team off with a second goal then they are always going to be in with a shout, and we got our goal. We did'nt play well but got something from the game , we've got to move on and up our performances.
True.

superfrank
13/07/2006, 10:24 AM
To be fair Frank, Quigley seemed to be having a lot more joy kicking into the same wind. My thoughts in the first half were that you should have played it short from the back.
To be honest PS, I only thought it was the wind that affected Skippy's kicking because this season his kicking has been alot better then last and that was his worst kicking for a long time. Also I think a few Bray fans will take any chance to knock him down.

BrayUnknowns
13/07/2006, 10:37 AM
To be honest PS, I only thought it was the wind that affected Skippy's kicking because this season his kicking has been alot better then last and that was his worst kicking for a long time. Also I think a few Bray fans will take any chance to knock him down.

Come off it SuperFrank ! his kicking is absolutely shocking, always has ben and aalways will be..... people only have a go at players when there not up to it and with the amount of goals his conceded over the last few seasons it's not a surprise that people have ago at him

Seagull
13/07/2006, 2:38 PM
Great report of the game on braywanderers.ie- tells it like it is, especially about Doyle and the defending.

Carlisle Grounds
09 July 2006

We had Patrick Kavanagh all right but little enough poetry at the Carlisle on a sunny Sunday afternoon that looked better than it played, with a gusty wind testing the players’ technique.

The name of Bray Wanderers game was frustration and they were on the way to a third successive one-nil defeat that Lady Bracknell might have judged more than misfortune when UCD’s Irish Under 21 international keeper gifted them a ninety minute equaliser by juggling Robbie Doyle’s free kick into his own goal.

By then the Seagulls were squawking at each other and the acquisition of an unexpected point won’t prevent the inquisition into what’s gone wrong.

But first things first. The home side were without the suspended Wesley Charles and the transferred Eamon Zayed. Zayed, fresh from scoring on his Drogheda debut, attended the game, Charles was not in evidence. Possibly irrelevant, it just seemed symbolic of the Bray camp just now.

Doyle moved from the flank to assume Zayed’s striking role with ulitily man Tresson crossing from left back to Doyle’s wide midfield berth. With both Philip Keogh and Ciaran Ryan left on the bench, the vacant full back slot went to Willie Tyrrell and the youngster took the opportunity with evident relish.

Things were not so harmonious elsewhere in Bray’s defence where central defender Brian McGovern seemed disinclined to trust his goalkeeper’s judgement. First he headed behind a cross O’Connor was set to claim and for which he had clearly called. Then the Seagulls skipper took the initiative for a dropping ball which seemed to be clearly the keeper’s responsibility; something he repeated in the second half when impeding O’Connor’s punch.

Little wonder the young Australian was snarling at McGovern by the end. As a member of the goalkeeper’s union you’d expect me to favour O’Connor’s case but I can’t see any game plan that benefits from withdrawing a defender deep to take free kicks that are clearly in the keeper’s territory.

The first half saw little action in either goalmouth, O’Connor being called upon twice, first to turn Derek Doyle’s drive round his right post and subsequently to save smartly at the other upright when Ala n Mahon’s throw produced a sharp pivot and strike from Salmon.

At the other end Doyle’s technique was not secure enough to lob the stranded Quigley and the only real excitement came in a claim for handball just before the half hour when Tresson’s through ball appeared to strike Shorthall’s arm inside the UCD box. The referee indicated that he was unsighted; his assistant could not have been but seemed unimpressed.

During injury time Robbie Doyle weaseled his way on to the byline and his low ball across the face of goal was hooked away by Mahon, who did not appear after the interval. The versatile Conor Kenna moved across to right back with Darragh Ryan filling in on the left.

The second half saw the Seagulls attacking the Quinnsborough Road end and Paul Caffrey firing just wide. Caffrey is impressive enough on the ball but disappears from the match far too often for someone manning the midfield engine room.

Colm James, resplendent in white boots, replaced the injured Fox on the hour but his first contribution was to lose possession on the edge of the area allowing Conor Salmon to bury the ball in the bottom left corner of O’Connor’s net.

The out of favour Keogh came on six minutes later, looking ready for action, and Wanderers switched to a five-two-three formation. It made little difference.

Robbie Doyle does a fair impression of action man but it’s mostly just sound and fury and the Seagulls need to move fast to replace Zayed if they hope to improve their lowly League position.

This is not the best UCD side of recent seasons but they should have won comfortably – and would have done but for Quigley’s last gasp donation.

Brian de Salvo

BrayUnknowns
13/07/2006, 3:56 PM
Great report of the game on braywanderers.ie- tells it like it is, especially about Doyle and the defending.

Do people not actually understand that Doyle and Zayed are 2 completely different type of players ? Zayed is a poacher, someone who will sit, do nothing and then pounch on any chance. Doyle on the other hand is a work-a-holic of a forward, he creates for others and does the job of a midfielder as well. Without strikers like Doyle the likes of Zayed, Jason Byrne, Glen Crowe etc would be a lot more ineffective.

De Savlo should know better than that in fairness, it's pretty much having a little dig at Doyle, and it on the offical and supporters sites. Very poor form for them to allow him to post it. Plus the fact that Doyle has virtually played right wing all season......... maybe a little more thought into what he writes 1st would help his reports

Seagull
13/07/2006, 5:08 PM
Doyle does a whole lot of running around to very little effect. He tears down the wing with the ball, winds up in the corner and that's it, brain explodes. Doyle is a forward who doesn't score goals. And as for David Tyrrell....:eek:

superfrank
13/07/2006, 6:21 PM
Come off it SuperFrank ! his kicking is absolutely shocking, always has ben and aalways will be..... people only have a go at players when there not up to it and with the amount of goals his conceded over the last few seasons it's not a surprise that people have ago at him
You seem to have selective memory. His kicking is alot better then it was last season and after one bad game everybody hops on him. He has been doing very well and in all honesty it actually isn't his fault that he concedes so many goals. The defence has been pathetic occasionally. I feel that alot of Skippy's criticism is unjustified and I know for certain that there are a few Bray fans that will back me up on this.

BrayUnknowns
14/07/2006, 9:18 AM
Doyle does a whole lot of running around to very little effect. He tears down the wing with the ball, winds up in the corner and that's it, brain explodes. Doyle is a forward who doesn't score goals. And as for David Tyrrell....:eek:

You obviously don't know much about football so........

He's one of the hardest working footballers in the bloody league, never mind Bray. But agreed he does'nt score enough goals (well this season anyway) but i'd put that down to the fact that he has only played up front for us 2/3 times i reckon and when he was playing there he was doing all of Zayed's off the ball work for him.

Hopefully the goal against UCD will spur him on and give him a bit more confidence to shoot and not try create a chance for someone else.

BrayUnknowns
14/07/2006, 9:22 AM
You seem to have selective memory. His kicking is alot better then it was last season and after one bad game everybody hops on him. He has been doing very well and in all honesty it actually isn't his fault that he concedes so many goals. The defence has been pathetic occasionally. I feel that alot of Skippy's criticism is unjustified and I know for certain that there are a few Bray fans that will back me up on this.

Do you even go to Bray games ? One bad game, yeah right, EVERY single game he plays he will misplace / slice / shank at least 4 or 5 kicks, if not more. I've nothing personal aginist him, jesus ive never even meet the guy ! I just don't think he's good enough for Bray, simple as that really. Last season he conceded over 50 goals, the worst record out of all 22 teams in the 2 leagues ! thats just not on, at i could say that at least 20/25 of these were his fault !

Seagull
14/07/2006, 1:30 PM
You obviously don't know much about football so........

He's one of the hardest working footballers in the bloody league, never mind Bray. But agreed he does'nt score enough goals (well this season anyway) but i'd put that down to the fact that he has only played up front for us 2/3 times i reckon and when he was playing there he was doing all of Zayed's off the ball work for him.

Hopefully the goal against UCD will spur him on and give him a bit more confidence to shoot and not try create a chance for someone else.
Yeah, I obviously don't know much about football. Hard working? Running around like a headless chicken doesn't count for much in my book. Since he's not scoring, maybe you could enlighten me as to the number of assists he's provided so? Ah, all those telling crosses, incisive passes?? How could the goal against UCD spur him on, it was a complete fluke! Read Brian De Salvo again- he knows football and he knows Doyle ain't doing the business.

BrayUnknowns
14/07/2006, 3:22 PM
Yeah, I obviously don't know much about football. Hard working? Running around like a headless chicken doesn't count for much in my book. Since he's not scoring, maybe you could enlighten me as to the number of assists he's provided so? Ah, all those telling crosses, incisive passes?? How could the goal against UCD spur him on, it was a complete fluke! Read Brian De Salvo again- he knows football and he knows Doyle ain't doing the business.

Before trying to be smart, maybe think about it 1st.............

From the 10 goals we have scored from what i can remember he has had 2 in the Waterford (home) match, our most important game of the season so far, 1 in the Waterford away game (Peno which zayed scored), Won another peno away to St. Pats which Zayed missed (still can't understand why Zayed took it, Doyle was never going to miss against his old club !) and he set up Zayed opening goal of the season against Shels. So to answer your question, that 4 assists from our 10 league goals this season - just shy of 50% of all our assists, not to bad for a headless chicken, maybe McGuirk should try sign a few more of them.

Actualy i think he could have got the last touch on the cornor that was swung in for McGoverns goal in Tolka against Shels. Oh he also got a vital touch onto Fox in the cup game at home to Kildare in the 93rd minute as well

You have probably just proven my point again by saying the goal was a fluke, how can a shot that is struck very well with power and curl from 25/30ish yards, that is on target be a fluke ? it was bad goalkeeping, not a fluke. I actually felt sorry for Quigely because the ball moved about half a foot just before it got to him.

So assist wise he's doing more than his fair share for the team, but i do agree with you he should be scoring more but it's hard when your being played out of position. Now that he's back upfront he'll have a better chance, only problem is that he's been creating all our good chances, who's gonig to supply him ?

Stevo Da Gull
14/07/2006, 6:36 PM
Do you even go to Bray games ? One bad game, yeah right, EVERY single game he plays he will misplace / slice / shank at least 4 or 5 kicks, if not more. I've nothing personal aginist him, jesus ive never even meet the guy ! I just don't think he's good enough for Bray, simple as that really. Last season he conceded over 50 goals, the worst record out of all 22 teams in the 2 leagues ! thats just not on, at i could say that at least 20/25 of these were his fault !

Now I reckon that a lot of the stick that Chris got on here last season was unwarranted and some of it fair. He has always been a great shot-stopper and I reckon that this season other areas of his game have been improving as well, such as his kicking for example. Felt terrible for the chap after the game in Longford because he had a good game and it was very harsh on him to concede late on. And now after the UCD game, from which mach Skippy got the Bray Man Of The Match award in the Bray People you want to have another pop at him:eek: !! So let me quote you again.... Do you even go to Bray games ? I reckon that he has arguably been our best performer or one of our best performers since we returned from the two week break, that's my two cents anyhow:ball:

Stevo Da Gull
14/07/2006, 6:44 PM
Before trying to be smart, maybe think about it 1st.............

From the 10 goals we have scored from what i can remember he has had 2 in the Waterford (home) match, our most important game of the season so far, 1 in the Waterford away game (Peno which zayed scored), Won another peno away to St. Pats which Zayed missed (still can't understand why Zayed took it, Doyle was never going to miss against his old club !) and he set up Zayed opening goal of the season against Shels. So to answer your question, that 4 assists from our 10 league goals this season - just shy of 50% of all our assists, not to bad for a headless chicken, maybe McGuirk should try sign a few more of them.

Actualy i think he could have got the last touch on the cornor that was swung in for McGoverns goal in Tolka against Shels. Oh he also got a vital touch onto Fox in the cup game at home to Kildare in the 93rd minute as well

You have probably just proven my point again by saying the goal was a fluke, how can a shot that is struck very well with power and curl from 25/30ish yards, that is on target be a fluke ? it was bad goalkeeping, not a fluke. I actually felt sorry for Quigely because the ball moved about half a foot just before it got to him.

So assist wise he's doing more than his fair share for the team, but i do agree with you he should be scoring more but it's hard when your being played out of position. Now that he's back upfront he'll have a better chance, only problem is that he's been creating all our good chances, who's gonig to supply him ?

Now here I totally agree with you:cool: