PDA

View Full Version : Disaster number?

Tir Oilean
07/07/2006, 9:18 PM
Well another ****e game in a ****e league against a ****e club. They played with more heart than we did. Lally would not have dropped nine points from twelve in that sequence of games we just went through. The players always seem to talk about passion in the camp. This IMO is bull**** there has been no passion whatsoever with the exception of Billy and a few others. these players do not cut the mustard and there has been no signings. I am at the point of questioning myself about the trip up the dyke road on Tuesday. We will be anyliated by a flying Cobh side. All we have to play for now is pride and looking at the heads leaving the pitch theres feck all of that left. And dont come back saying we have thirty games or so left!!!!! We need an effin miracle.

Ceirtlis
08/07/2006, 12:32 AM
Galway United aren't up to it on the pitch this season and haven't been since we were relegated. I have only been down to Terryland 4 times this season but this sort of football is not going to attract the punters. Kildare were equally as good as United tonight. Things have gone stale and i dont think its fair to criticise Tony Cousins cos he is just after arriving. The players are just not up to the standard.

GuisaSaigon
08/07/2006, 11:03 AM
Have to agree. the players just arent up to it. i hadnt seen united in two years until recently. when i heard murphy was coming back i thought it was a major coup but he has been s***e. i cant understand how a player who was head and shoulders above the rest a couple of years ago has gone so bad. i dont mean to single him out because the are all rubbish but the difference is he could play once upon a time but now he doesnt seem interested. Sort it out tony !!!!!!!!!!

Tir Oilean
08/07/2006, 11:07 AM
and i dont think its fair to criticise Tony Cousins .

Don't get me wrong Ceirtlis you can't criticise a man just into the job trying new combinations etc. I was just stating a fact about Lal. I don't think many would disagree with me on that fact. However your statement about the players is spot on. But a clear out is what we need now, were goin nowhere this season (if Athlone win their game in hand were fourth from bottom albeit according to errortel) so lets use our heads and start team building for next season.

Patrick Dunne
08/07/2006, 12:38 PM
Tony Cousins said that he would be bringing players in to replace
those that everyone knows are below par.

When questioned about being based in Dublin, he stated that living in Galway
would be a disadvantage and that he would be closer to a bigger pool of players in Dublin.

I hope he's not a spoofer.

Tribesman
08/07/2006, 2:02 PM
A clearout is urgently needed and should of happend at the end of last season.
Too many passengers/junior quality players in the squad.

The club should now act professionally on the pitch and stop wasting time
and money.

Would keep the following (some need to show an improvement though), & try to bring in six others.

Gough
Clery
Keane
Frawley
Murphy
Moran
Cretaro
Carter
Harty

Tir Oilean
08/07/2006, 4:20 PM
It may be that just a few top signings could bring out the best in the rest and I think thats what we must hope for as the coffers wont allow a big spend, we've got alot on fresh contracts! Having said that geography is against us and we don't want to be a Dublin based squad.

tribesman78
08/07/2006, 11:39 PM
We are definatly in need of a few players. No passion with at least half the team and everyone knows who they are. I'll say one thing for cousins at least they tried to play the ball on the surface again instead of that long ball ****e that lally had them playing. I saw russell at the match last night....Why did he leave does anyone know? He is missed big time. As for cousins living in Dublin i think it's ****e, how can he be a "full Time" manager and not even be around half the week. There are plenty of players in the junior leagues in galway that are certainly as good as some of the players we have.:mad:

Ceirtlis
09/07/2006, 12:15 AM
I'd say we will be gettin players from Dublin alrite. Its hard to see who we could get locally that would improve the team. Murphy has been a disapointment alrite hard to know what happened him but he didnt set the world alrite in Derry really.

thescoringgoals
09/07/2006, 1:16 AM
bout the players always saying team spirit is strong etc when it clearly isnt,yes they had a huddle before the game last night,yes they started decent and scored but when kildare equalised the lads heads dropped again for awhile,we did deserve a win i think but never really looked like scoring again except for a small spell near the end,it was a slightly better game then the dundalk 1 but that wasnt hard,at least the ball spent more time on the ground last night,murph was very poor when he came on,he looked to be trying a bit more then usual though which is a good sign but hes not the only 1 we should be picking on,its not tonys fault,its squarely with the players,we are going backwards fast,harps,athlone and dundalk have all gone above us after this weekends matches,wer now down with kilk and mons etc but its very tight,if we beat cobh and win our game in hand vrs lim we are right up there again,but i cant see us winning either of those games,not with the current squad we have,we need at least 6 new players,easier said then done i know.

Terry
09/07/2006, 1:26 PM
I saw russell at the match last night....Why did he leave does anyone know? He is missed big time.
John left to concentrate on his exams. Now that they are over he is back training with us for what I have been told.

gufct
10/07/2006, 8:23 AM
is signed and has a new training regime drawn up to overcome his long term trouble shin splints. We need a win from somewhere anywhere but people have to stand up and be counted and at the moment there is only 2/3 players doing this.

A major factor i feel is the assumption that we are going to get into the topflight no matter where we finish which is leaving the players in a comfort zone.

Tir Oilean
10/07/2006, 8:56 AM
This is very true gufct. I reckon very few of the players are aware of the promotion credentials for the end of the season. The sooner the mgt or board of directors educate them on this fact the better. It might give the shoe in the behind they need.

corbyeire
10/07/2006, 9:36 AM
if we did get promoted either way after finishing down the league - we would be slaughtered in the top division on current standards

Mr A
10/07/2006, 10:51 AM
A major factor i feel is the assumption that we are going to get into the topflight no matter where we finish which is leaving the players in a comfort zone.

I would read the rules for next year exactly the other way- I'd say Galway have to finish in the top two and probably in first to get promoted. The lack of any cup progress this year and 15th spot in the four year record mean that a high finish appears to be vital. It's all very complex obviously- especially the non-football bits but I suspect Galway have a lot to do to get up this year.

gufct
10/07/2006, 11:04 AM
thats not what people think down here wherever they are getting their information from and a lot of other clubs are of the same opinion.

corbyeire
10/07/2006, 11:39 AM
it shouldnt matter if we get promoted either way or not - the priority should be playing to win week in week out

why the hell would you be playing otherwise - if that is the attitude - were going up anyway - pure disaster - terrible attitude

makes a complete mug of us supporters - who want performances, results :mad:

looping
11/07/2006, 6:44 PM
Tony Cousins said that he would be bringing players in to replace
those that everyone knows are below par.

When questioned about being based in Dublin, he stated that LIVING IN GALWAY WOULD BE A DISAVANTAGE and that he would be closer to a bigger pool of players in Dublin.

I hope he's not a spoofer.

Well i got to give my opinion a bit if some of you are interested in
first some of the best players in ireland are based around dublin maybe at least that s were the major pool of players are but i can t see why living in galway is a disavantage especially if you consider training everyday

then i think i read the posts at the start of this campain and every galway fan was optimistic and saying that the squad is one of the best in the first division if not the best for this year so it s not a pb of quality
so what?

i dont think it s not cousins fault as he s just arrived at the job either...

if you are to consider to be in the top flight you ve got to be training more than just 2 or 3 times a week ( as an exemple in switzerland in 3rd division most of the clubs train 4 times a week at least! )

the play as i heard some people talking about is not good enough they ve got to play on the ground more than it s being done coz if not play vs a physical team and you re done...

there s no passion i ve seen one match this year vs rovers at home and why are they not playing like this every week???

The Stars
13/07/2006, 7:33 PM
Cant believe Cousins is based in Dublin...As for being closer to players in Dublin,what can i say!!!if he wants to get players in Dublin you dont have to live there.
Sean Connor lived in Sligo when we won the league,yet got players from Monaghan,Mayo and England.Sound like Cousins just isnt fully comited to it yet.
At least he is getting them to play football on the deck.
In that league a team who can pass it on the ground and not resort to hoofball,stand head and shoulders above the rest in terms of entertainment.

As for getting into the new super duper league next season,I think ye are in the same boat as us.Good facilitys,Location and our house in order but the results from previous seasons brings us down the pecking order.

Terry
14/07/2006, 7:11 AM
Tony might be based in Dubland but he is here in Galway 3 or 4 days of the week and he is only minutes away thanks to our sponsors aer arann. I not condoning this as I would have rathered him based in Galway too, but we just have to work with it at the moment. You'll never know, situations do change.:o