PDA

View Full Version : What happens if

Snoop Drog
06/07/2006, 3:23 AM
a) you win an indirect free kick and the kick taker kicks it into his own goal without anyone else touching it?

b) you win a throw and throw it into your own goal without anyone else touching it?

c) you kick the ball straight into your own goal from a goalkick?

My colleague at work says the match is restarted with a corner kick for the opposition in each of these cases. I think that's a bit dubious but don't know what the answer is!

Any suggestions??

DmanDmythDledge
06/07/2006, 3:29 AM
B I think is definitely correct but I'm not sure on the others.

Dodge
06/07/2006, 8:00 AM
Pm Reitoir here. He'd more than likely know...

paul_oshea
06/07/2006, 10:00 AM
B) is definately a corner kick. remember the own goal villa scored? if it didnt touch the keeper it would/should have been a corner kick.

Danny
06/07/2006, 10:08 AM

The ball has to come out of the 18yd box to be back in play so i would guess its a re take of the kick out....

Kingdom
06/07/2006, 12:00 PM
The ball has to come out of the 18yd box to be back in play so i would guess its a re take of the kick out....
I've played ina match before where a goal kick was taken by a keeper, into the wind where the ball went out of the box but was blown back towards goal and went in as the keeper fell over whilst trying to stop it. The goal stood and couldn't see why it wouldn't.

Danny
06/07/2006, 12:28 PM
its a re take of a kick out if the ball doesnt go outside the box or if another player touches it before it does

http://www.fifa.com/en/laws/Laws16_01.htm

• “The ball is in play when it is kicked directly beyond the penalty area.”

In your situation Kingdom, the ball went out of the box so goal stands

Raheny Red
06/07/2006, 1:02 PM
I've played ina match before where a goal kick was taken by a keeper, into the wind where the ball went out of the box but was blown back towards goal and went in as the keeper fell over whilst trying to stop it. The goal stood and couldn't see why it wouldn't.

By any chance were you playing in Tornado Valley :confused: :eek: :D

pineapple stu
06/07/2006, 1:04 PM
First two are corners. Think Danny's answer on the third is correct.

Kingdom
06/07/2006, 1:17 PM
By any chance were you playing in Tornado Valley :confused: :eek:

If by Tornado Valley you mean the sh-ithole that is Loughlinstown Park, then yes! :D

stann
07/07/2006, 2:59 PM
Pineapple Stu and anyone else who said it is right on 1 and 2.

You can't score direct from an indirect free kick (at either end), or from a throw in, so it's as if the ball just went out over the endline. Thus a corner.

In the case of a goal kick, my understanding is if the ball leaves the box and flies back in the net it's a goal, if it doesn't it is also a corner, as the ball hasn't left the box, and become active as it were, until it is over the goal line.
Danny is right, it is a retake if it doesn't leave the area or is touched first, but it is considered to have become active if it goes out over the endline side of the penalty area, just as much as the other three sides. :)

strangeirish
07/07/2006, 3:25 PM
a) you win an indirect free kick and the kick taker kicks it into his own goal without anyone else touching it?

Jaysus, who's taking the kick, Ian Harte?:D

The Stars
07/07/2006, 3:58 PM

b) you win a throw and throw it into your own goal without anyone else touching it?

My colleague at work says the match is restarted with a corner kick for the opposition in each of these cases. I think that's a bit dubious but don't know what the answer is!

Any suggestions??
You get the living fcuk kicked out of you by everyone on your team,and the fans after.:D

Dun Laoire
07/07/2006, 5:58 PM

Damn!! I wouldve lovin to have seen that:D :D