05/07/2006, 9:02 PM
Cork will be up sh!t creek without him.

Dodge
05/07/2006, 9:04 PM
Selling to pay tax bill?

Risteard
05/07/2006, 10:15 PM
Wouldn't doubt this story at all.
He's hardly alien to the drama and i knew he wouldn't take the two-week fine well.
Would be very surprised if there wasn't an about-turn though.

A face
05/07/2006, 10:19 PM
Lads, conjecture will never help get closer to the truth.

DmanDmythDledge
05/07/2006, 10:26 PM
Could you talk in a way in which we all understand

A face
05/07/2006, 10:37 PM

No

Dodge
05/07/2006, 10:50 PM
Lads, conjecture will never help get closer to the truth.
Yeah but think how many message boards would die?

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE MESSAGEBOARDS!?!?!?!?!

A face
05/07/2006, 11:06 PM
Yeah but think how many message boards would die?

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE MESSAGEBOARDS!?!?!?!?!

:p

ndrog
06/07/2006, 12:29 AM
would be a real shame if boy george had to go :D

John83
06/07/2006, 9:23 AM
You're shaming the college lad. He said that speculating won't get us anywhere.

Dricky
06/07/2006, 11:53 AM
Georgie has been named in the CL squad as at 11am today
The thick plottens

Ozymandias
10/07/2006, 4:13 PM
georgie just needs to be loved....he throws these wobblies regular...if he goes it won't be to an eircom league club ..so george will be staying and will hug rico when we win the league as if there was never a problem

Georgie jus needs to be loved..thats all

kingcolers
11/07/2006, 12:03 PM
Georgie jus needs to be loved..thats all

Think you've hit the nail on the head there. But it's pathetic isn't it? He's a grown man, after all. He's an eircom league player with a permiership attitude. God help us if he ever did make it across the water, he'd be insufferable...

Ozymandias
11/07/2006, 2:34 PM
he's out of tomorrow nights game...didn't train with the team this am.....

he throws the rattle out of the pram at least twice a year....poor olde georgie

Dodge
11/07/2006, 2:40 PM
Really? He's been dropped for tomorrow's game?

A face
11/07/2006, 3:03 PM
Really? He's been dropped for tomorrow's game?

Looking like it ..... i suppose a player has to make mistakes to be able to learn from them. Some mistakes are more costly than others though and its choosing the right ones to make is the tricky part. Oh well !! :rolleyes:

BrayUnknowns
11/07/2006, 3:06 PM
The biggest game for Cork in years and he acts like a spoilt child, fcuk him out of the club ! don't need people at your club

Dodge
11/07/2006, 3:17 PM
Yeah, **** him out. All the way to Inchicore if possible...

Peadar
11/07/2006, 3:27 PM
...don't need people at your club

Wouldn't have much of a club without people!

This Georgie thing will drag on and on but we've got a game tomorrow so I'd prefer to focus on that.

ColinR
11/07/2006, 3:36 PM
The biggest game for Cork in years and he acts like a spoilt child, fcuk him out of the club

in fairness the derry match was bigger at the end of last season, and argubly both cup finals since were also bigger.

spats happen all the time within clubs, and its probably a case that neither rico or him want to back down. still a great player and its cork's interests to hold onto him if thats still possible

pete
11/07/2006, 4:18 PM
I am unsure if him coming back into the team at such a late stage could add much as his head may not be in good state.

paudie
11/07/2006, 4:37 PM
George may have realised recently that he won't make it cross channel and this is ****ing him off.

For some reason he has decided to react by sulking.

I think Rico took a stand to show his authority to the other players. Given his constant moaning during games I don't know how popular he is with the other players but I'd imagine they should get over missing him before tommorrow night.

In fairness to George he is of class and showed great courage to score penalties twice in big games against Derry last season.

Hopefully he'll return with his talent intact but with less of the prima donna antics.

Dodge
11/07/2006, 5:34 PM
I am unsure if him coming back into the team at such a late stage could add much as his head may not be in good state.
He's an ugly cnut right enough

Ozymandias
12/07/2006, 9:11 AM
His statement to the Examiner is strange..he didn't wish the team the best of luck tonight....his timing is impeccable though....for F**k sake will someone just hug the guy and then this thing can end..its turning into a BobbyGoldsboro song

BrayUnknowns
12/07/2006, 10:06 AM
Wouldn't have much of a club without people!

This Georgie thing will drag on and on but we've got a game tomorrow so I'd prefer to focus on that.

Oops ! put "Like Him" in there.

BrayUnknowns
12/07/2006, 10:08 AM
in fairness the derry match was bigger at the end of last season, and argubly both cup finals since were also bigger.

IMO a Champions League qualifer would be bigger than the above matches but then again they would be here if they had of lost against Dery etc....

pete
13/07/2006, 9:46 AM
George at his best is a great asset but when he is in average form doesn't offer much more to the team. The window of opportunity for his return is narrowing quickly.

Ozymandias
17/07/2006, 12:32 PM
at this stage Georgie is looking like he is wanted nowhere except city..won't do his ego good....He has pimped himself all last week and the vibes back from other clubs with the exception of Pats is not good....he is looking at a championship side in england in the hope they will sign him...Georgie has lost the plot and even if he comes back now he mightn't be in the frame of mind to be of benefit to the team..pity..he was playing great stuff but believed his own Hype...maybe its time rico gave Cathal Lordan a free reign and a run in the team...would love georgie back but only if he plays at the level he was at ..if not he would only be a passenger and could cause more problems...Player of the year to spare part of the year....what a waste georgie...what a waste... it would be great if somene hugged him gave him back his rattle and then those magic white boots would be back in business.......hmmm...I can dream...following city is anything but Dull

sligoman
22/07/2006, 7:40 PM
Would Cork fans actually want him back after him p!ssing off at one of the most important times in Cork City's season?:confused:.

micls
22/07/2006, 7:58 PM
Would Cork fans actually want him back after him p!ssing off at one of the most important times in Cork City's season?:confused:.

Yes...we need him.

Apart from that we dont even know the full story-we dont know if he p*ssed off or was told not to come. Its a bit unfair to judge either way without the facts

higgins
22/07/2006, 11:41 PM
You do know that he rang Shels last week looking/begging for a contract. Thats something I know to be true.

The mans a joke....

Cork should f**k him out as soon as possible.

pete
23/07/2006, 3:10 PM
Cork should f**k him out as soon as possible.

Watch this space...

pete
23/07/2006, 3:56 PM
Pete do you think he will only go to england ? Can you see him going to any pther club in the league ?

He will not be allowed go to an eL side.

DmanDmythDledge
26/07/2006, 12:22 AM
Is he still training with the Cork squad?

Risteard
26/07/2006, 1:25 AM
No. George is silly.

DmanDmythDledge
26/07/2006, 1:27 AM
I was on the South-Ring road today and I saw someone that was the spitting image of Georgie training on his own, on one of the GAA pitches, wearing a Cork city jersey????

Risteard
26/07/2006, 1:35 AM
If it had O'Callaghan 10 on the back of it and was autogrpahed i'd say it was him. Ha ha!
In fairness, i still hope its all sorted and he plays in Belgrade. Would be a huge crippling loss to the squad.

ccfcman
26/07/2006, 11:21 AM
Our midfield is grand at the mo, but the way he can turn a game, or have a turd of a game, is lacking at the mo :(

BrayUnknowns
26/07/2006, 11:25 AM
It said in the Daily Mirror yesterday that Southend were interested in signing him, any truth ?

sadloserkid
26/07/2006, 11:48 AM
It said in the Daily Mirror yesterday that Southend were interested in signing him, any truth ?

Despite Southend's current lofty status I'm not sure that would assuage his ego much either.

BrayUnknowns
26/07/2006, 12:11 PM
the mirroe are saying today that Slavia Prague are weighing up a move for cry baby Geogre

The Bit O'Red
01/08/2006, 9:19 PM
Can we have him please? Don't think that we could manage 250k tho, how about ye loan him out to us for the remainder of the season and pay his wages for us? It'd keep him in the shop window. Pretty please :)

The Dublin Red
02/08/2006, 4:19 PM
He's also being linked to Nottingham Forest.

Would he drop to League One????

GavinZac
06/08/2006, 6:16 PM
and argubly both cup finals since were also bigger.
buahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D good one!

tonydaly
05/09/2006, 5:52 PM
Well he's still here.Doesn't look like he will play for City again.Training with the U21's to collect his pay cheque. Sad really.
Last nights match vs Pats was one where he might have made a difference.
I think anyone would have made a difference last night.Lots of effort but little else.

plasticpitch
15/09/2006, 7:05 AM
any update on this situation lads

joeSoap
15/09/2006, 8:11 AM
Don't know about any updates but from an outsider looking in, I believe that it is a sacking offence for Richardson to have treated such a talent the way he has. George is an immature, grumpy, beligerent A-Hole. Show me a big big talent that isn't in some way shape or form. Its how the manager treats them, deals with them individually that counts, and that way gets the most out of his players. Richardson has clearly failed here at a crucial time fior the club. He has lost the league title over this, and is jeapordising a place in Europe for ye next season.

Plus letting O'Callaghan train out his contract with the 21's means ye're going to lose out on a huge payday should ye have sold him....plus his wages ongoing.

RICO is an idiot if you ask me !!

Peadar
15/09/2006, 8:17 AM
Don't know about any updates but from an outsider looking in, I believe that it is a sacking offence for Richardson to have treated such a talent the way he has.

What the hell would you know about it?
You haven't a clue what you're talking about so stick to your own affairs. Just because Limerick can't hold on to a manager, doesn't mean the rest of us have to be equally as foolish.

drinkfeckarse
15/09/2006, 8:45 AM
I believe that it is a sacking offence for Richardson to have treated such a talent the way he has. George is an immature, grumpy, beligerent A-Hole.

Plus letting O'Callaghan train out his contract with the 21's means ye're going to lose out on a huge payday should ye have sold him....plus his wages ongoing.

You answer your first sentence with the second. I don't know the ins and outs, not many do I imagine but IMO it's irrelevant. You CANNOT have players trying to call the shots and there has to be a boss. Any immature player who thinks he is a superstar is bad for team morale. End of.

You seem to be implying that it's City's fault that he hasn't gone :confused: They put him on the transfer list, hardly their fault that there were no takers.

That should have been enough incentive for him to bury the hatchet and knuckle down for the rest of the season.

All players will tell you that there is only ever going to be one winner when you tangle with your manager. He should have been big enough to get on with it when he saw that nobody was budging for him instead of continuing to act like a spoilt prima donna.

Again I stress, this is what it looks like to me from the outside anyway.