05/07/2006, 12:59 PM
Now at 7:00 on Sunday the 16th.

Not sure why...

DmanDmythDledge
05/07/2006, 2:19 PM
So much for Saturday evening football.

pineapple stu
05/07/2006, 6:20 PM
Game moved because the Leinster Football Final was clashing - Dublin v Offaly.

CollegeTillIDie
05/07/2006, 8:41 PM
Is the bloody Leinster final on Saturday this year?
Is it not moved because Drogs have a European tie on the Thursday or something?

CollegeTillIDie
05/07/2006, 8:42 PM
Well maybe all the bandwaggoners who follow Drogheda now , who were not seen sign nor light of before 2004 will come out in their droves and stuff Belfield Park?... oh well might as well dream here as anywhere else .... :D

pineapple stu
06/07/2006, 1:02 PM
Is the bloody Leinster final on Saturday this year?
It is. That's why the game's getting moved.

Poor Student
06/07/2006, 1:19 PM
I don't understand. By the time autumn comes won't Leinster's season have started up again and won't we be clashing with the very market we're trying to capitalise on? I don't think the Saturday switch is that great an idea and we don't seem to be having much luck getting to even experiment with it.

CollegeTillIDie
07/07/2006, 6:55 AM
Lads

Is it time we had another promotion? Anyone in a Dubs jersey who brings their kid gets in free. The kid has to be paid for of course :D

Colie
07/07/2006, 8:20 AM
Game moved because the Leinster Football Final was clashing - Dublin v Offaly.
Wha, I thought it was on the Saturday! What the fook it this. I'll be in a gutter outside Coppers at that time after the Dubs win the Leinster again. This is ridiculous.:mad:

pineapple stu
07/07/2006, 9:19 AM
It is on the Saturday...

Colie
07/07/2006, 12:36 PM
It is on the Saturday...
What is? The Leinster final isn't.

pineapple stu
07/07/2006, 12:41 PM
Hmmm...according to the GAA website (http://www.gaa.ie/page/july.html), it's on Saturday and Sunday...

Has it here for the Sunday (http://www.gaa.ie/page/bank_of_ireland_sfc_2006_fixtures.html) though.

pineapple stu
07/07/2006, 12:54 PM
Right. Was on to the club and got everything sorted. The GAA website was confusing me.

Drogs play HJK Helsinki in the UEFA on the Thursday apparently. There's a 48-hour rule which allows them to request a postponement of any game within 48 hours of that European game - including ours. Rather than rearrange for midweek, we agreed to play on the Sunday. But it couldn't be in the afternoon due to the Leinster Final, so it's on at 7:00 on the Sunday.

All clear now? :)

Aberdonian Stu
07/07/2006, 3:56 PM
Yes because it was rather confusing prior to that.

ndrog
08/07/2006, 12:44 PM
Well maybe all the bandwaggoners who follow Drogheda now , who were not seen sign nor light of before 2004 will come out in their droves and stuff Belfield Park?... oh well might as well dream here as anywhere else .... :D

classic statement from a ucd fan :D i think you will find our attendances are pretty much the same for the last 4 seasons .I thought the whole point was to try an get more people to come to watch eircom leauge, your club is trying everything to get people to matches , with comments like bandwaggoners no wonder people dont wanna go :confused:

pineapple stu
08/07/2006, 4:53 PM
with comments like bandwaggoners no wonder people dont wanna go :confused:
Yep, 'cos lots of people base their decisions on whether to go to a match or not on throwaway remarks on a forum they probably don't know about.

CollegeTillIDie
08/07/2006, 5:31 PM
classic statement from a ucd fan :D i think you will find our attendances are pretty much the same for the last 4 seasons .I thought the whole point was to try an get more people to come to watch eircom leauge, your club is trying everything to get people to matches , with comments like bandwaggoners no wonder people dont wanna go :confused:

You will find I am a champion of the loyal supporter who goes to the bread and butter games. Like the Drogs fans who went to see them on their last stint in the First Division for example.

Irish people in general are bandwaggoners as I have illustrated this point on other threads where I illustrated examples in both Rugby and Gaelic Football.

It's the syndrome that see someone like you who goes to support your team, occasionally having difficulty getting an Ireland ticket, where as a bunch of tubes who never darken the doorstep of Belfield Park or United Park go to two home Ireland games a year and think that they are great football fans, seem to have no trouble getting them.
You have to ask yourself where are the 11,000 extra fans United suddenly gained when they played in the Cup Final ,all year round? And then you will see my point.

Schumi
13/07/2006, 10:28 AM
The rest of the nonsense from this thread is here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=36994). I don't want any more posting about that unless CollegeTillIDie wants to apologise to Colie.

CollegeTillIDie
13/07/2006, 7:47 PM
The rest of the nonsense from this thread is here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=36994). I don't want any more posting about that unless CollegeTillIDie wants to apologise to Colie.
Well as the relevant bits are locked how can anyone contribute to it in anyway?:rolleyes:

Colie
19/07/2006, 8:47 PM
The rest of the nonsense from this thread is here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=36994). I don't want any more posting about that unless CollegeTillIDie wants to apologise to Colie.Just read the other thread. Funniest ne I've ever read on Foot.ie I'm in stiches. The title killed me. Good stuff lads. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D