PDA

View Full Version : Rovers v Cork City

Sligo Hornet
05/07/2006, 12:23 PM
There is a group of us booked for a weekend in Sligo ( to allow us to attend our "FIRST" home game ) arriving friday afternoon.......is this game now likely to be be part of the "Friday-Night" experiment?

garykelly
05/07/2006, 12:28 PM
yeah. this game is schedule to be on friday 21st july

Sligo Hornet
05/07/2006, 12:44 PM
yeah. this game is schedule to be on friday 21st july

:( Is this deffo as the official website still shows game scheduled for Saturday........I hope our flight over on friday is not delayed!!

Paraic
05/07/2006, 1:19 PM
The Cork game is currently scheduled for the Friday night - I will be updating the official site later.

Note that with City's involvment in europe, the date may change to saturday or be rescheduled altogether, so if you're coming to sligo, be prepared for entertainment other than in the Showgrounds!

Paraic

Sligo Hornet
05/07/2006, 1:38 PM
Thanks Paraic.........with Cork's second leg ( I forgot they were in Europe!!) on Wednesday 19th, I guess that the Sligo game may be on the saturday, but why could it be "rescheduled".....would this be allowed....would Rovers agree?

Jeebus
05/07/2006, 4:58 PM
It would be rescheduled to allow Cork time to prepare for their next qualifying round game it they get through. i think is due to be played the following tuesday or wednesday. The league postponed Shels league games a couple of seasons ago when they made it to the 3rd qualifying round to give them plenty of time to prepare for each game.

pete
05/07/2006, 5:08 PM
I would be surprised if we played 2 days after leaving Cyprus on thursday morning on the 20th (its a long enough flight back)

The 2nd qualifying round 1st leg is on the following wednesday so playing in Sligo on saturday night is fine for that.

I would be very surprised if this was played friday.

BTW why did ye move from saturday to friday nights?

sligobhoy67
05/07/2006, 6:09 PM
I would be surprised if we played 2 days after leaving Cyprus on thursday morning on the 20th (its a long enough flight back)

The 2nd qualifying round 1st leg is on the following wednesday so playing in Sligo on saturday night is fine for that.

I would be very surprised if this was played friday.

Thats possibly the only way we can beat ye!

feo123
09/07/2006, 12:25 AM
we can beat anyone at home no matter what!!

Red4Eva
11/07/2006, 6:56 PM
this game's been changed to saturday. thank f*ckin christ! hopefully we beat waterford&bray and this game will be nicely poised and should be biggest crowd so far this season.

The Stars
11/07/2006, 7:46 PM
where did you hear that Red4Eva?
great news anyway,i was thinking Saturday would be great if we won and so did Cork this week because we would have 2500 easily at it and they would be able to travel up,even if only about 100

Sligo Hornet
13/07/2006, 1:06 PM
With Cork winning 1-0 last night, and if they get through the second leg next wednesday, is it right that they will be allowed to postpone their match against us?........I assume we are still ( at present ) scheduled for saturday night?

Rovers1
13/07/2006, 6:22 PM

thats what we've been wondering too!!

ccfcgirl
13/07/2006, 6:28 PM
Cork Citys game against Bray this Saturday is postponed ........Id say If City get into the next round the sligo game will be cancelled......Im looking forward to Sligo.

sligoman
13/07/2006, 6:35 PM
Id say If City get into the next round the sligo game will be cancelledand it's for that reason I'll be rooting for the Cypriots in the second leg:).

The Stars
13/07/2006, 6:54 PM
ya its one of those things.we want to see cork do well in the CL,but not at our expense..ie,a midweek game.

ccfcgirl
13/07/2006, 7:25 PM
and it's for that reason I'll be rooting for the Cypriots in the second leg:).Root for them all you want ,but you be rooting for a losing side;)

sligoman
13/07/2006, 7:26 PM
Root for them all you want ,but you be rooting for a losing side;)Based on last night's performance, I wouldn't be so sure;).