PDA

View Full Version : Liam Kearney

Red4Eva
04/07/2006, 3:15 AM
is this true?

Anto McC
04/07/2006, 6:39 AM
I dont want to get my hopes up,so please someone post a link!

sonofstan
04/07/2006, 7:55 AM
Osam said it on ELW last night - that's hardly gospel though is it?

el punter
04/07/2006, 9:02 AM
It's all over the Shels forum on www.shelbournefc.ie for the last few days also. No one has explained what it's all about though.

Jerry The Saint
04/07/2006, 9:17 AM

Blasphemer! :mad:

Dodge
04/07/2006, 9:56 AM
Moderators please remove sonofstan's post

Raheny Red
04/07/2006, 10:17 AM

Ah ****** I knew I forgot something last night :mad: :o

Poor Student
04/07/2006, 11:49 AM
Quits what? His hairdresser? Shelbourne? Football?

Dodge
04/07/2006, 11:51 AM
Football apparently.

Raheny Red
04/07/2006, 12:08 PM
Quits what? His hairdresser? Shelbourne? Football?

Hopefully it's the first two!

A face
04/07/2006, 12:15 PM
The league is too small to be burning bridges, that goes for players, managers, coaches, everyone !!

declan hide
04/07/2006, 5:57 PM
did they say on eircom league weekly last night that hes quit football?

anyone know anymore info?

micls
04/07/2006, 6:11 PM
Thread about it here http://corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?showtopic=11193&st=40

razor
04/07/2006, 8:13 PM
He is back at home in Conna, says he is finished with Shels, he is currently training with local GAA team St Catherines, some talk he could turn out for them. The other rumour is that he's off to Australia for a year.

The Stars
04/07/2006, 9:48 PM
why?????

A face
04/07/2006, 10:21 PM
why?????

Advisors ... agents ..... parasites !!

DmanDmythDledge
04/07/2006, 10:39 PM
What's the story with this? Is it actually true and has he said anything himself about it?

CollegeTillIDie
04/07/2006, 10:46 PM
If he's heading off to Australia for a year... you have to say... great piece of business by Cork City :D

Risteard
04/07/2006, 10:55 PM
The boy is a nice decent young fella and also a fool.
A bit immature of him not to settle down in Dublin, unless of course he wasn't being paid.
He'd want to stop being too impressionable and get his act together.
He could easily be a decent signing for City but i actually would recommend that he goes to some crap low division English team.
eL isn't for him at this stage.

higgins
04/07/2006, 11:09 PM
A bit immature of him not to settle down in Dublin, unless of course he wasn't being paid.

Have you any reason to believe he "wasnt being paid" ?

Risteard
04/07/2006, 11:16 PM
Mere widespread rumour.

joema
04/07/2006, 11:29 PM
The boy is a nice decent young fella and also a fool.
He'd want to stop being too impressionable and get his act together.
He could easily be a decent signing for City but i actually would recommend that he goes to some crap low division English team.
eL isn't for him at this stage.

You know him personally i presume, yeah???

A face
05/07/2006, 12:52 AM
If he's heading off to Australia for a year... you have to say... great piece of business by Cork City :D

You mean Shels yeah ??

He is a Shels player not City ..... you know this yeah ?? Hullo ??

LeixlipRed
05/07/2006, 1:34 AM
So what, he's bought himself out of his contract? And that's pure rubbish about him not being payed. The lad strikes me as being about as mature as a 4 year old. Running away when things aren't going right. Maybe his dad will have a word with Nutsy and see if he can sort it all out for him

higgins
05/07/2006, 9:57 AM
Mere widespread rumour.

Your the first one to mention Liam Kearney has not received wages ??
How is it widespread ?????

And if you put the slightest bit of thought into what your saying you would realise its happened exactly as it was reported :mad:

Do you really think if Kearney was not getting paid he'd be all nicey nicey to Shels and make up a story that he needs time out of the game and train with a GAA club while allowing Shels hold his contract?

Players have plenty going in their favour these days to walk away when they dont get paid ??

If what was said above was about cork we would get the usual "SOURCE PLEASE" comments....

It doesnt even come close to making sense what goes on in your head? :confused:

Macy
05/07/2006, 10:15 AM
"Allowing shels hold his contract"? Taking it that you mean his registration, Shels (or any other club worth their salt) would let a player walk out unregistered. I don't think that means he's all nicey nicey with the club necessarily.

Raheny Red
05/07/2006, 10:19 AM
Kearney In the Cold (http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?p=76374#76374)

higgins
05/07/2006, 10:22 AM
RTE state his contract was "frozen".
I take it thats the same as any of us getting unpaid leave from our own jobs.

Macy he is contracted to Shels, what are you getting at with registration?

hoops1
05/07/2006, 10:50 AM
I find it very difficult to have any sympathy for Kearney
Hes a Cork lad playing for his local side with his mates and they are league Champions and he ****es off.What more could he ask for as a player?Shels couldnt possibly be giving him that much extra
He is just getting what he deserves

Macy
05/07/2006, 10:52 AM
Macy he is contracted to Shels, what are you getting at with registration?
I'll give an example of player who was with us, who gave up football. He was let, and went playing GAA, but we kept his registration so he couldn't turn around and play for someone else in a few weeks/months when we would've been due a fee. (And he did try that one as it happens about 8 months later)

I would take frozen to mean that if he wants to start playing football again, it has to be with youse under the terms of his contract.

higgins
05/07/2006, 11:43 AM
I would take frozen to mean that if he wants to start playing football again, it has to be with youse under the terms of his contract.

Yes I would say so but Im not sure if he was to come back in 5 years would be still have the exact same time remaining on his contract as he does the day he started the break.

I would have thought he goes off on unpaid leave while his contract ticks down but from the word frozen it seems if he had X amount of months left on his contract he will still have X amount left when he decides to return be it in 1 month or 100 months.

The break is like a carear break in any other job, i.e. Unpaid Leave.

I wish him well,

Didnt seem to do Gary O'Neill any harm when he packed it in :cool:

Clifford
05/07/2006, 10:37 PM
As above it's a career break, maybe he wished the City thing didn't happen either, but the guy is entitled to a life without that sort of grief as long as the club agree and they have. Best for both parties I'd imagine. Good luck to him in his future.

A face
05/07/2006, 10:40 PM
As above it's a career break, maybe he wished the City thing didn't happen either, but the guy is entitled to a life without that sort of grief as long as the club agree and they have. Best for both parties I'd imagine. Good luck to him in his future.

Shels are they ones employing him .... they are the ones responsible for the guys welfare.

Clifford
06/07/2006, 8:35 AM
Shels are they ones employing him .... they are the ones responsible for the guys welfare.

Correct, never said they were not. The grief I was referring to was nothing to do with City, I didn't make it very clear - sorry. I just think maybe he hoped the City thing didn't happen the way it did.

A face
06/07/2006, 11:52 AM
Correct, never said they were not. The grief I was referring to was nothing to do with City, I didn't make it very clear - sorry. I just think maybe he hoped the City thing didn't happen the way it did.

I think his advisors think the same now aswell.

Clifford
06/07/2006, 12:29 PM
I think his advisors think the same now aswell.

Correct, but these things happen, life goes on and so will he I imagine.

kdjaC
06/07/2006, 10:37 PM
Frozen means whatevers left on his contract is still left when he comes back, all clubs would do it to ensure a fee if he was to say sign for Sydney FC or something.

kdjac