PDA

View Full Version : Eamo's gone...

Seagull
04/07/2006, 5:08 PM
Drogheda have signed Eamon Zayed. Maybe he'll get better service from midfield there than he did from Bray's hoof-the-ball merchants. Good luck Eamo, you've left a club with no ambition whatsoever, strictly Division One...

lowflyingseagul
04/07/2006, 5:54 PM
good riddance to the lazy fvcker

Bray Head
04/07/2006, 6:12 PM
Sad to see him go as he was our top striker. The service he received this season has been terrible. Too many long balls. Can't see us scoring too many goals for the rest of this season now that he's gone. I know he was out of contract at the end of the season and could have gone on a free but we should have tried to keep him and sign him to a new deal. This season will be a waste of time with no relegation to keep the club on its toes.

Seagull
04/07/2006, 9:58 PM
This season will be a waste of time with no relegation to keep the club on its toes.
Don't bank on no relegation- a club with zero ambition shouldn't be in the Premier League.

BrayUnknowns
05/07/2006, 8:23 AM
Drogheda have signed Eamon Zayed. Maybe he'll get better service from midfield there than he did from Bray's hoof-the-ball merchants. Good luck Eamo, you've left a club with no ambition whatsoever, strictly Division One...

Eamon has offered us NOTHING, absolutey nothing at all this season, he was playing for himself and not the team. He is possibly the lazyest player in the whole league, he has been given a serious load of chances this season to score but has'nt taken them, the same any season he has been with us - he needs 6 or 7 realy good chances to score 1 goal. He did'nt try win headers, he did'nt track back, he did'nt fight for the team, his work rate was absolutey non existant (FFS Tarzan did more work than him last sunday and his about 10/12 years his senior !), the club were dead right to cash in on him now cause believe me Eamon would have been leaving on a free otherwise at the season ! So full respect to the club for realising this and actually doing something about it.

Now hopefully the club can bring in a replacement that will actually want to play for the club and not for himself, someone who will be willing to work hard and actually even score a few goals.

Eoingull
05/07/2006, 12:40 PM
Eamon scored a fantastic goal on the first day of the season...and that's about it! It just hasn't been happening for him this year. There's always something a little sad about seeing a first team player move on, but I think the club were correct to sell Eamon, and this can only be seen as good business. I'd be quite happy for us to build our attack around Robbie Doyle. Good luck in Drogheda, Eamon...and thanks for the past few years.

Grasshopper 99
05/07/2006, 12:47 PM
Bloody Hell

Grasshopper 99
05/07/2006, 12:47 PM
Why does a club struggling get rid off the only player that can score at least 20 goals a season to another club in the same bloody division. The bray board are unbelievable they should all get out and let people with ambition set in and make the club work.

We got rid off the manager, now lets try get rid of the board by any means possible

SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.
SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.
SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD
SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARDSACK THE BOARD.SACK. THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.

A face
05/07/2006, 12:52 PM
Do you still have the Romanian guy (not even going to attempt to spell his name) on your books ??

Eoingull
05/07/2006, 1:25 PM
Yeah, we do...Andrei Georgescu...he's on the bench most games. He seems to have a good attitude and is well able to kick a ball...I think it's his lack of size that counts against him...put him up against a few 6ft defenders, and he can struggle.

BrayUnknowns
05/07/2006, 1:38 PM
Why does a club struggling get rid off the only player that can score at least 20 goals a season to another club in the same bloody division. The bray board are unbelievable they should all get out and let people with ambition set in and make the club work.

We got rid off the manager, now lets try get rid of the board by any means possible

SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD
SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARDSACK THE BOARD.SACK. THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.SACK THE BOARD.

Why ?

Eamon had 4/5 months left on his contract and was then leaving on a free - thats fact ! Anyone with half a brain knew this..... so why is it so wrong for the club to sell a player who is not scoring, not preforming and not offering anything on or off the pitch to the team, and as i said would have walked away from us on a free at the end of the season anyway. The club were dead right to cash in on him, any club in our position would do that and if they did'nt they shame on them !

We need more than Robbie up front, jesus we need to start playing up front 1st ! right wing is not his position. If we had another striker who worked as hard as he does then well start to score goals, keep foxey back in midfield thou, does nothing up front.

dublinwanderer
05/07/2006, 2:14 PM
keep foxey back in midfield thou, does nothing up front.

does nothing in midfield either, he is rubbish. there are too many average players in the club: like giffy, foxy, ryan, mcgovern, colly james even tarzan. the only players in the squad that could play decent football at times and have the brains to play decent football ar tresson, caffo, robbie doyle and eamo. there is no ambition from the team or management. we need to sign good decent players now unlike this time last year.
Any good replacements for eamo out there? i'm sure andy myler could do a job but i think he is on his way to rovers. did bray get mark leech out of the deal? anyone know what the figure was?

DmanDmythDledge
05/07/2006, 2:53 PM
Bray got Leech but I can't remember where I read it.

ffball2006
05/07/2006, 3:29 PM
Anyone who knows anything about football knows that the reason eamo wasnt scoring goals was to do with midfield. Our midfield are absolutely rubbish. Eamon was one of the highest scorers of the Eircom League last year and he missed a quatre of it cause he was in Norway....

Our team play like first division and Eamon will now be hammering in the goals for Drogheda becuase at least there midfield can pass and deliver!!!!!!!

Fair play to Eamo for going... All the abuse he got from his own fans is disgraceful..

Good Luck Eamo.

BrayUnknowns
05/07/2006, 3:58 PM
Anyone who knows anything about football knows that the reason eamo wasnt scoring goals was to do with midfield. Our midfield are absolutely rubbish. Eamon was one of the highest scorers of the Eircom League last year and he missed a quatre of it cause he was in Norway....

Our team play like first division and Eamon will now be hammering in the goals for Drogheda becuase at least there midfield can pass and deliver!!!!!!!

Fair play to Eamo for going... All the abuse he got from his own fans is disgraceful..

Good Luck Eamo.

Yeah just the way the Drogheda strikers have been banging them in all season ! shesh

I'd much prefer to have fabio in my team than Zayed buthe has'nt been banging them in either up at United Park. I've lost count of the number of chances that have been created for Zayed this season but he has failed to take them.

If a player is not putting in the work and does'nt care anymore about the club then opaying fans have a right to voice there opnion, jesus it's 1 of the only times i can remember Bray fans getting at 1 of there own.

A face
05/07/2006, 5:54 PM
Bray got Leech but I can't remember where I read it.

Are part of the deal or seperate ??

DmanDmythDledge
05/07/2006, 5:59 PM
Are part of the deal or seperate ??
Part of the deal.

Celdrog
05/07/2006, 7:20 PM
I'd much prefer to have fabio in my team than Zayed but he has'nt been banging them in either up at United Park. .

He's the second top scorer in the league and has scored six goals in the last five league games:eek:

He has actually hit top form in the last month

CollegeTillIDie
05/07/2006, 7:29 PM
Eamon Zayed for whatever reason has not been firing on all cylinders this season at Bray. Neither has Robbie Doyle. I must admit pre-season looking at your potential first 11 on paper I was harbouring a tiny piece of optimism about your prospects this season. But unfortunately for all concerned football is played on grass !

Under the circumstances an alleged €40,000( officially undisclosed fee) is not bad return . Don't sack the board, your club is quite well run off the field.
And who knows when the spendthrift so called big clubs cannot borrow any more money, the likes of Bray and UCD might be the Big clubs... which incidentally would not necessarily be good for the future of the game.

Seagull
05/07/2006, 8:06 PM
but I think the club were correct to sell Eamon, and this can only be seen as good business. I'd be quite happy for us to build our attack around Robbie Doyle.
How can it be good business? It shows clearly where the club is at- not at the races. Build our attack around Robbie Doyle?? Let's see, he's the one who runs around like **** (mostly down blind alleys) and has scored the fine tally of ZERO goals since he came back. He's the hero and Eamo's the lazy one, sorry but I know who I'd prefer to have. Read Paul Doolin's comments in the Bray People and I'd have to agree 100% with him...

Eoingull
06/07/2006, 1:40 AM
I regard selling Eamon as good business for the same reasons as those already mentioned...the club is in a slump, Eamo is in a slump, he can leave for free in a few months time, and I'm guessing that one party would have eventually walked away from the other at the end of the season. By transfering Zayed now, the club gets some much needed funds, and hopefully Eamo can resurrect his career at Drogheda.
I've defended Eamon before on the forums citing the team's responsibility...but the fact is he has had plenty of chances, and will always look for the extra touch, suggesting to me he lacks confidence. The way things are going, this isn't going to change anytime soon at the Carlisle.
I also feel we haven't gotten the best out of Robbie Doyle...and perhaps this is because the club has been trying to accommodate both strikers...an arrangement which clearly wasn't operating at full capacity. By making Robbie the focus of our attack, Wanderers would obviously have to play to his strengths, which is running at defenders...these high balls would have to stop.
I think calls to "sack the board" are a bit much. Bray Wanderers is not a rich club, and there is no point in supporters expecting the club to put a fantasy football team out on the pitch. We have a measily core of about 300-400 home supporters turning up to games now. How can we financially compete at the top end of the table based upon this? The club is busy erecting a new covered stand, which will hopefully make a day-out at the Carlisle more attractive to floating supporters. This suggests ambition to me...a sensible, well thought-out ambition.
Things are stale on the pitch...this has to be sorted out, but this can only be done relative to the means at our disposal.

BrayUnknowns
06/07/2006, 8:48 AM
How can it be good business? It shows clearly where the club is at- not at the races. Build our attack around Robbie Doyle?? Let's see, he's the one who runs around like **** (mostly down blind alleys) and has scored the fine tally of ZERO goals since he came back. He's the hero and Eamo's the lazy one, sorry but I know who I'd prefer to have. Read Paul Doolin's comments in the Bray People and I'd have to agree 100% with him...

Are you serious ? Robbie has barely played in attack for us this year, YET he was still doing all of Eamons work for him - i.e tracking back, closing down defenders etc, how in the name of god is that running down blind alleys ? he's the hardest working player in the team. No wonder he's so fcuked at the end of each game. If Eamon had the same work ethic as Doyle then i dion't think the fans would have got on his back what so ever but the fact of the matter is that he was our main striker, he stood up front, barely moved, did'nt track back, did'nt help the team out and did'nt score goals. IMO Doyle has been our best player so far this season (3/4 man of the matches and 1/2 player of the months) and thats all playing out of position.

Zayed and Doyle are to totally different types of players in the forward role anyway, Doyle has never been the pocher type of forward, he has never stood up front waiting for the ball, were as Zayed always has. And the zero goals since he came back is wrong, he has scored in the league cup.

I'll say it again - Zayed's contract was up at the end of the season and he would have walked away from the club on a FREE transfer - FACT ! the club were right to cash in on him now, the club were right to cash in on a totally out of form player who had no interest in playing for us anymore.

Read Doolin's comments myself, have'nt laughed so much in ages ! "But when they do win, there mouthing out of them" I'd LOVE to see an example of this. Seriously, when do Bray mouth off in the papers / press ? Doolin's side won a match they did'nt deserve to and all he can do is mouth off himself, what an idiot !

And as for the club going backwards........ wrong again ! New Corperate hut, newe radio centre, new press box, new mens jacks, new sponsors (very shortley) and a lovely new stand in place by the end of the summer - Hardley going backwards

ffball2006
06/07/2006, 9:48 AM
How Do You Expect Eamon To Score With No Midfield??? He Cant Work Miracels.... Has Robbie Even Scored This Season? All He Has Done Is Run Around Showed Little Skill And Got No Results And At The End Of The Day Football Is All About Results.

I Cant Wait For Eamon To Start Banging In The Goals For Drogheda And All Yous Will Have To Swallow Your Words.

Eamon Has Done A Lot For Bray Wanderers Besides Make The Club A Whole Load Of Cash....

BrayUnknowns
06/07/2006, 9:57 AM
Your obviously Eamon in disguise ! Best of luck in Drogheda

ffball2006
06/07/2006, 10:01 AM
I Am Actually Gutted To See Eamon Go But It Just Frustrates Me The Way All The Bray Fans Bang On About How Great Robbie Is When He Aint Even Scored Yet.....

ffball2006
06/07/2006, 10:03 AM
I Just Think Eamon Is A Great Player With Loads Of Potential But He Didnt Get Any Service In Bray. Yeah, I Agree He Can Be Lazy At Times But Wouldnt You If Your Team Was Rubbish Most Of The Time

BrayUnknowns
06/07/2006, 10:56 AM
Fristly, Doyle HAS scored this season, in the league cup against St. Pats, which leaves him only 2 goals behind massive talloy of 3 ! Caffo, another midfielder is only 1 behind Zayed. Out of the 9 goals we have scored, Doyle has set up 5 of them, he works for the team aswell which goes along way to why most of the fans have taken to him. As i said in an earlier post, PLENTY of chances have ben created for Zayed but he has'nt taken them, prime example would be the 1 he missed in the dying minutes at 0-0 against Cork, when he was clear through, 7 yards out, keeper had already made his move and Zayed just blasted it off him.

Grasshopper 99
06/07/2006, 3:26 PM
Why ?

Eamon had 4/5 months left on his contract and was then leaving on a free - thats fact ! Anyone with half a brain knew this..... so why is it so wrong for the club to sell a player who is not scoring, not preforming and not offering anything on or off the pitch to the team, and as i said would have walked away from us on a free at the end of the season anyway. The club were dead right to cash in on him, any club in our position would do that and if they did'nt they shame on them !

We need more than Robbie up front, jesus we need to start playing up front 1st ! right wing is not his position. If we had another striker who worked as hard as he does then well start to score goals, keep foxey back in midfield thou, does nothing up front.

The board are OLD fags, they are afraid to change with the times and take a few risks, we need people with a bit of ambition and want to do something for the club to improve it and its rep in the town of bray. Get rid off them all, who cares if they are all friends with each other and go out together, that is not how to run a business.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Seagull
06/07/2006, 6:33 PM
...these high balls would have to stop.
I think calls to "sack the board" are a bit much. Bray Wanderers is not a rich club, and there is no point in supporters expecting the club to put a fantasy football team out on the pitch. We have a measily core of about 300-400 home supporters turning up to games now. How can we financially compete at the top end of the table based upon this? The club is busy erecting a new covered stand, which will hopefully make a day-out at the Carlisle more attractive to floating supporters. This suggests ambition to me...a sensible, well thought-out ambition.
Things are stale on the pitch...this has to be sorted out, but this can only be done relative to the means at our disposal.
I know some people who went back to the Carlisle recently, not having seen Bray in some time. When they told me they left early and wouldn't be going back again, how could I disagree with them? Devo's hoof-the-ball tactics, now being fine-tuned by his clone, McGuirk, are the reason our support is so small. The football is sh1te to watch, week in, week out. Sitting in a brand new covered stand may make things more comfortable but while the fare on the pitch is so poor, what's the point? It's what's on the pitch that counts and like I said, we have no ambition.

Superhoops
06/07/2006, 8:11 PM
.....Zayed's contract was up at the end of the season and he would have walked away from the club on a FREE transfer - FACT ! the club were right to cash in on him now, the club were right to cash in on a totally out of form player who had no interest in playing for us anymore.....
Regardless of all the discussion this is what it is all about. A good bit of business by the Board. At least they are taking a realistic view.

Eamonn did his bit for BW but the time was right for both him and the club to move on. The bottom line was that for wahtever reasons, he didn't contribute much this season.

It will be interesting to see how he performs in a better team. Now that he will not longer be the big fish in the small pond, the weight of expectation on him will probably ease. However, despite his talent IMO he is inherently lazy and is not really a team player. If Drogs are prepared to carry him on that basis, then he will probably score plenty of goals but he won't do much else.

Anyway good luck to him.

As far as BW are concerned, I suspect most of the team will not be sorry to see him go.

BrayUnknowns
07/07/2006, 8:54 AM
Fully agreed

Poor Student
07/07/2006, 1:32 PM
Did Leech come as part of the deal?

BrayUnknowns
07/07/2006, 1:54 PM
Leech was not a part of the deal

Seagull
07/07/2006, 3:46 PM
then he will probably score plenty of goals but he won't do much else.

What else is there ffs??? :eek:

BrayUnknowns
07/07/2006, 4:27 PM

Eh how about tracking back, holding the ball up, bring others into play, creating chances for others, working as part of a team...... All very much part of a strikers job !

Superhoops
07/07/2006, 8:57 PM
Seagull, surprised you make a crass comment like this. Take a reality check!

Some teams have the ability and are prepared to carry a player on the basis they can get the ball up to him and he will make/score goals without doing much else. Usually such teams have enough skill and resilience to have a player in this role.

Realistically we all know that BW are not and never will be one of those teams, we just do not have the quality in depth to play that type of game. If we did we could afford to keep a 'low work rate' player like Eamonn in the team, particularly if he was returning 12 or 15 league goals a season.

Eamonn wasn't scoring the goals nor was he prepared to pull his weight for the team. We ain't got the quality nor the resources to sign up the type of players needed to support a player like Eamonn.

For him to play the type of game he likes to, BW wasn't the place, he simply had to go!!

Seagull
08/07/2006, 7:18 PM
Seagull, surprised you make a crass comment like this. Take a reality check!

Some teams have the ability and are prepared to carry a player on the basis they can get the ball up to him and he will make/score goals without doing much else. Usually such teams have enough skill and resilience to have a player in this role.

Realistically we all know that BW are not and never will be one of those teams, we just do not have the quality in depth to play that type of game. If we did we could afford to keep a 'low work rate' player like Eamonn in the team, particularly if he was returning 12 or 15 league goals a season.

Eamonn wasn't scoring the goals nor was he prepared to pull his weight for the team. We ain't got the quality nor the resources to sign up the type of players needed to support a player like Eamonn.

For him to play the type of game he likes to, BW wasn't the place, he simply had to go!!
Eamon got the goals when he got the service from midfield. That's non existent this season. If we can't accommodate a player like him, what hope is there? Are we consigned to watch this crap hoof-the-ball football forever at the Carlisle?

BobtheDrog
08/07/2006, 7:21 PM
well he got off to the perfect start, a goal on debut and from what i hear a pretty good alround performance maybe he just needed a change in scenery

Stevo Da Gull
09/07/2006, 12:16 PM
Off the Eamon Zayed topic - Some posters on here seem to have short memories, things get tough and some people's only answer is to slaughter the team. I reckon that as Bray supporters we would be better off Supporting the team. Any player that put's on the jersey and gives 100% will always have my backing:ball:

On the Eamo topic - A good goal-scorer but a bit of work needed to be done on his all-round game. I thinhk that we actually picked up more points in the final third of last season (without eamo) than any of the previous two. We were also without Wes then, Caffo did'nt play much because of a bad knee and since then Robbie Doyle has arrived. Also I'd really like to see Willie Tyrrell given a shot in the first team, whenever he's played he's done very well. I would like to see a few players arrive during the transfer window as well.

BrayUnknowns
10/07/2006, 10:15 AM
Off the Eamon Zayed topic - Some posters on here seem to have short memories, things get tough and some people's only answer is to slaughter the team. I reckon that as Bray supporters we would be better off Supporting the team. Any player that put's on the jersey and gives 100% will always have my backing:ball:

I could'nt agree with you more, if a player gives 100% to the Bray cause then even if he does have a bad game or does'nt score supporters will back him, but this was totally different in Zayed's case.

Zayed did not want to be at Bray, and has'nt wanted to be with us for several months, that's a fact ! my source you ask ? one of his very good friends...... Thats not good enough, if he was'nt happy then ask for a transfer and give your reasons, don't just amble around the pitch doing nothing for the team, he had to carry Zayed since the start of the season, in fairness we were playing with 10 men most of the time. As mentioned before, he had nemerous chanmces created for him this season but just didnt take them because his head was'nt in it.

braysnumber1
10/07/2006, 2:44 PM
listen, ok eamo hasnt had the best season of his career but either has the rest of the squad. the overall quality has been poor.

he is gone now so lets get behind the team and try get out of this mess.

of course bray did well selling eamo, he hasnt been great, contract up at the end of the season so its financially a good move for the club. but lets hope the money is well spent and we can get out of the bottom 3 or 4 and have a good cup run.

and dublinwanderer naming bad players isnt the best approach either!!!

BrayUnknowns
10/07/2006, 3:11 PM
from what ive been told Bray have got a very nice sum for Zayed, €80,000.00 for his services, this is due to the fact that Drogheda don't do signing on fees, all the normal sell on clauses attached to it as well. Superb business by the club. They also have 4 players in there rader that they have the money to sign them up.

Bray Head
10/07/2006, 6:53 PM
from what ive been told Bray have got a very nice sum for Zayed, €80,000.00 for his services, this is due to the fact that Drogheda don't do signing on fees, all the normal sell on clauses attached to it as well. Superb business by the club. They also have 4 players in there rader that they have the money to sign them up.
I can't believe that Drogheda paid anything like this figure for a player that would have been out of contract in 4 months time. If that figure is true it must be a record fee between two eircom league club's.

BrayUnknowns
11/07/2006, 8:18 AM
In fairness Drogheda were kind of deperate to get a striker in so had to pay that kind of money, fair play to the club for sticking by there guns and demanding such a fee, hats off to them. St. Pats offered half that fee plus 2 fringe players but the club turned them down.

superfrank
11/07/2006, 10:24 PM
Thank you Eamo for your service. Remember the good times lads. He's gone now. He did have an impressive goals per game ratio and whatever about his commitment and attitude lately he was still a good striker.